The drivers stopped by police in Hull and East Yorkshire this week

Old May 28th 20, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default The drivers stopped by police in Hull and East Yorkshire thisweek

On 28/05/2020 11:55, JNugent wrote:
On 28/05/2020 11:38, TMS320 wrote:

On 28/05/2020 01:44, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 21:59, TMS320 wrote:
On 27/05/2020 20:31, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 18:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 27/05/2020 14:09, JNugent wrote:
On 27/05/2020 08:30, TMS320 wrote:

My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are
KSId by drivers. There can be no other metric.

...and?

Sorry if you are too thick to see the connection. We've gone over
it enough times.

You failed to connect my car - or me - with any of your imaginary
data.

I presume you have informed the people that compile the data for HMG
that they have got it wrong?

I do not drive dangerously,

You've done your usual trick of changing words. I haven't said that you
drive dangerously. I have said that by driving you present a danger.

You say a lot of things. You never bother proving them.

The casualties numbers are direct evidence...

...as far as your kindergarten-level "thinking" is concerned.

If you believe it can't happen to you, you are deluding yourself.

As I said, you never bother proving any of your nonsensical assertions.

As I said, you are deluding yourself.

That's only because you can't, of course.

Prove that it won't happen when you next use your car (or any other time
in the future).

I have access to £11 million of TP insurance. The risk is considered to
be so low everybody gets the first £1m thrown in with house insurance.

Does your driving insurance work like that?

whereas we do know that you do ride your bicycle dangerously and
without regard for pedestrians. You have admitted that, in terms.

Oh, you mean my admission to going the wrong way down a one way
street before a sign went up saying it is now allowed - when the
purpose was to avoid mingling with pedestrians?

If that was one of your admissions (or, rather, your boasts), yes.

There were others, including cycling along footways, ignoring red
traffic lights, etc.

That's very vague on your part.

Your admission was clear enough, even if a little vague as to places,
times and number of pedestrians threatened. I can only use the
information you yourself have provided, coupled with your repeated
failure to condemn acts of selfishness and sociopathy by cyclists.

I have never defended cycling on the footway. I have also not
condemned it - as you insist I should. The latter clearly means I must
be a sinner in your eyes.

You haven't condemned it, even though it is a clear offence and a clear
threat (or, as you put it, "not an advantage") to pedestrians.

There are plenty of places where it is not an offence.

"Advantage" was your word. I said that mingling with pedestrians is a
"disadvantage". The practicalities are the same whatever the law has to
say about it.

You didn't accept that going down a one way street (now legal) was a
practical method of avoiding mingling. So your claims of putting
pedestrians first are completely hollow. This goes with your remarkable
and irresponsible claim that you "threaten no-one's safety".

If you
expected to be taken seriously, you could condemn it easily. I have no
difficulty in condemning analogous illegal actions by the drivers and
riders of motor vehicles.

On the bike I have occasionally gone past a red light after taking all
care. I have also driven past red lights after misjuding the timing.
To you, the former worse than the latter because you judge intention
rather safety. You're wrong.

A mistake is a mistake. Anyone can make a mistake and everyone should be
able to understand that. I have been at pains to emphasise that mistakes
happen.

You have the attitude that law matters more than safety. If that really
was the priority, skills would have no value.

Cyclists don't generally ride through red traffic lights, along
footways, through pedestrian-only areas or the wrong way along one-way
streets because they have made a mistake. They commit those offences
deliberately and selfishly and everyone - including you - knows that.

Actually, a lot of "no cycling" in pedestrian areas has no legal force.
But even where "the law" is only for show I agree it is not necessarily
a wise or proper thing to do.

In this country the law says a person is innocent until proven guilty.
You are pre-judging the issue with what you say above. Oh how you moaned
about an off the cuff comment about a pavement driver attempting murder.
Old May 28th 20, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 28/05/2020 12:47, Pamela wrote:
On 12:11 28 May 2020, TMS320 said:
On 28/05/2020 10:44, Pamela wrote:
On 23:25 27 May 2020, TMS320 said:
On 27/05/2020 22:15, Pamela wrote:

Without proof and largely unconnected to what went before, you wrote:

"You're still in denial about putting your convenience above the
safety of others.

When asked to clarify it, you wrote:

"My definition of danger to pedestrians is that 3800 a year are
KSId by drivers. There can be no other metric."

There seems to be little sense to it.

You really can't see any connection between driving (which is a
convenience) and the number of casualties?

What does that have to do with your unfounded assertion that Nugent is
"putting [his] convenience above the safety of others"?

Sigh. For the hard of thinking.

It is a fact (not an unfounded assertion) that a car is a convenience
for the users (Nugent is no exception). It is a fact (not an unfounded
assertion) that vehicle users KSI 3800 pedestrians a year.

Whether you like it or not the two things are connected.

The connection is so tenuous that it strains credulity.

Cross an empty road. Do it again amongst moving traffic. Can you tell
the difference?

What's next? Are we making stabbings more likely because we own a kitchen
knife?

A stupid comparison. I know, you now want to ask why. Have a think about
it and don't bother.
Old May 28th 20, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 12:11:39 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Your views seem remarkably similar to those of Guy Chapman, formerly of this parish. Furthermore, in your exchanges with JNugent, you are regularly slippery, and you have never been known to admit to being wrong about anything, no matter how bang to rights you are.

Then, the other week, you went out of your way to praise Guy. Would he use a sock to compliment himself? Surely not...
Old May 28th 20, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

wrote:

[...]

That Guy Chapman sounds strange. I wonder if TMS320 will comment.

It's true that TMS320's posts have a characteristic quality about them.
Old May 28th 20, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 7:30:37 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Then, the other week, you went out of your way to praise Guy. Would he
use a sock to compliment himself? Surely not...

That Guy Chapman sounds strange. I wonder if TMS320 will comment.

It's true that TMS320's posts have a characteristic quality about them.

Guy Chapman is my Facebook friend and has not been here since 2014.
Old May 28th 20, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:01:22 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I was on this group before he came and have been continuous since he
left. If you're looking for a sock you're very late to the party.

I guess you're another sock for Judith.

When Judith wrote to my employers in 2011 in an attempt to get me the sack, he used the name "Peter Granger/Grainger. QED.
Old May 29th 20, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 22:07:35 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:01:22 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I was on this group before he came and have been continuous since he
left. If you're looking for a sock you're very late to the party.

I guess you're another sock for Judith.

When Judith wrote to my employers in 2011 in an attempt to get me the sack, he used the name "Peter Granger/Grainger. QED.

I’m not Judith, I’m afraid. And if I were Judith, but didn’t want people to know, I’d hardly have chosen this name to post under. I guess I’m just enjoying confusing the Mason computer program, not that that’s ever been difficult.

Pamela is Judith. Or is she?
Old May 29th 20, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 19:30:37 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
That Guy Chapman sounds strange.

“People tell me I’m unusual” - Guy Chapman

He also had a list of famous people he said he’d met.

He’s a “thought leader in IT”, too, you know.

Perhaps you’re already aware of some - maybe all - of the above.

It's true that TMS320's posts have a characteristic quality about them.

He denies it. So that’s that, then; the one thing Guy never does is lie. He’s a Christian, after all.