Pro cyclists

Old May 29th 20, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default Pro cyclists

On Fri, 29 May 2020 21:48:37 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 9:36:22 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It cost me £450

And that timing chain?

It's on the same one as 3 years ago. It's supposed to be a fit and forget item.

I was referring to how much it cost you 3 years ago.

Mind you, my timing belt (! - an engine that requires an elastic band to make it stop itself from bending in half) cost me £1500. Belt, engine, fitting, various other problems.

You only change it when the engine light comes on after it stretches.

I got more than an engine light. I got.... well no warning at all actually. The engine just stopped firing. P.S., don't use Green Flag. They took my car to a garage which took one week to "not getting around to looking under the bonnet". I had to pay them £125 to tow it to a reputable garage, which took 30 minutes to look at it, tell me it needed a new engine, then took it to a garage they recommended and told me of several places I could get a reconditioned one. I arranged everything over the phone and got it sorted.
Old May 29th 20, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english
Commander Kinsey

On Fri, 29 May 2020 22:01:08 +0100, wrote:

On Friday, 29 May 2020 18:09:11 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 6:00:47 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And to answer the question, I'd say the most annoying are those who don't let people out. I let people out, and whether they say thanks or not (can be difficult when using your hands to operate the car)

Maybe the drivers can't say thanks as they have a mobile 'phone in their hand?

Isnā€™t it just a tiny bit pretentious to insist on putting an apostrophe before ā€œphoneā€?

Have you not met Mr Mason?
Old May 30th 20, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/05/2020 18:00, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 17:02:42 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Bod wrote:
On 13/10/2019 15:55, MrCheerful wrote:
On 13/10/2019 12:09, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Violent, uncouth, foul mouthed, littering ******* who shave their
legs. Little wonder that they are detested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBOlo4t3JtM

You forgot 'drug users' 'spitters' 'law breaking' 'tdf wannabees'
'vigilantees' 'cheats' and of course 'untraceable scum'

'Boy racers top poll to find the most annoying British road users'

Boy racers and drivers who don't say thanks when you've let them out
are the two most annoying types of road user for British motorists,
according to an AA/Autocar survey that shows there's a need for better
manners on the UK's roads.

Boy racers are the most annoying, with 42 per cent of UK drivers
naming them as their number one irritation, but 41 per cent of those
surveyed named drivers who don't say thanks as the type they most
dislike.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...-most-annoying

Just what has this 10 year old article have to do with cycling, Bod?

So 10 years having passed means it's no longer relevant?* Do we not use
cars any more?

Just to annoy you, I'm replying to a 7 month old message (I spotted it
when tidying up my newsreader, so sue me).

And to answer the question, I'd say the most annoying are those who
don't let people out.* I let people out, and whether they say thanks or
not (can be difficult when using your hands to operate the car) is
irrelevant to me.* But when I see a car trying to pull out of a sideroad
and 30 cars in front of me don't bother making a gap, it ****es me off.

"Pro cyclists".

You mean Deliveroo gig workers?

Old May 30th 20, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/05/2020 19:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 7:34:57 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2020 18:09:09 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 6:00:47 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And to answer the question, I'd say the most annoying are those who don't let people out. I let people out, and whether they say thanks or not (can be difficult when using your hands to operate the car)

Maybe the drivers can't say thanks as they have a mobile 'phone in their hand?

Can't you drive no handed? You only need a hand on the wheel to turn.

But seriously, I have no problem using a phone, a sandwich, or a bottle of coke while driving. You only use one hand unless you're changing gear or indicating. Just put the phone down at that point.

I have never owned a mobile 'phone as I don't need one.

Of course you don't.

Only friends know one's mobile number.
Old May 30th 20, 01:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

It seems nowadays you can earn money for cycling past some other cyclists on TV. Why do people enjoy watching this ****?
Old May 30th 20, 01:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Sat, 30 May 2020 00:29:18 +0100, JNugent wrote:

[...]

Several spammers seem to know mine.
Old May 30th 20, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 22:56 29 May 2020, Commander Kinsey said:
On Fri, 29 May 2020 22:01:08 +0100, wrote:
On Friday, 29 May 2020 18:09:11 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 6:00:47 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And to answer the question, I'd say the most annoying are those who
don't let people out. I let people out, and whether they say thanks
or not (can be difficult when using your hands to operate the car)

Maybe the drivers can't say thanks as they have a mobile 'phone in
their hand?

Isn't it just a tiny bit pretentious to insist on putting an
apostrophe before phone?

Have you not met Mr Mason?

Why is Simon so obsessive?
Old May 30th 20, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:56:19 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2020 21:48:37 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 9:36:22 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It cost me Ā£450

And that timing chain?

It's on the same one as 3 years ago. It's supposed to be a fit and forget item.

I was referring to how much it cost you 3 years ago.

About Ā£300.

Mind you, my timing belt (! - an engine that requires an elastic band to make it stop itself from bending in half) cost me Ā£1500. Belt, engine, fitting, various other problems.

You only change it when the engine light comes on after it stretches.

I got more than an engine light. I got.... well no warning at all actually. The engine just stopped firing. P.S., don't use Green Flag. They took my car to a garage which took one week to "not getting around to looking under the bonnet". I had to pay them Ā£125 to tow it to a reputable garage, which took 30 minutes to look at it, tell me it needed a new engine, then took it to a garage they recommended and told me of several places I could get a reconditioned one. I arranged everything over the phone and got it sorted.

My breakdown cover is RAC and is bundled with my insurance. The second time that I needed breakdown was when I had a flat battery in January and they fitted a new one.
Old May 30th 20, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:01:10 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, 29 May 2020 18:09:11 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 6:00:47 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And to answer the question, I'd say the most annoying are those who don't let people out. I let people out, and whether they say thanks or not (can be difficult when using your hands to operate the car)

Maybe the drivers can't say thanks as they have a mobile 'phone in their hand?

Isnā€™t it just a tiny bit pretentious to insist on putting an apostrophe before ā€œphoneā€?

I also put one before 'flu.
Old May 30th 20, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 1:17:08 AM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It seems nowadays you can earn money for cycling past some other cyclists on TV. Why do people enjoy watching this ****?

At least the scenery is far more interesting than in motor racing.