Takeaway fun

Old February 17th 06, 10:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Takeaway fun

So took Rocky (MTB) down to pick up a burger with the lot and a couple of
scallops (I'm such a health freak).

Hmm, no book to read while waiting. I know! I'll go play in the car
park!

Cue ten minutes of finding fun double kerbs to have fun on. Cue a
couple of offs (wish I could blame the two stubbies I had but my skills
really do suck that bad.)

What fun! Felt like a kid again going home with grazes and bumps :-)
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old February 17th 06, 11:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Euan Wrote:
So took Rocky (MTB) down to pick up a burger with the lot and a couple
of scallops (I'm such a health freak).

Hrmmm s c a l l o p s. National S c a l l o p Pies. Sometimes I miss
stuff like that living in the Big Smoke.

--
cfsmtb

Old February 17th 06, 02:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-02-17, Euan (aka Bruce)
Cue ten minutes of finding fun double kerbs to have fun on. Cue a
couple of offs (wish I could blame the two stubbies I had but my skills
really do suck that bad.)

What are double kerbs?

On tonight's fully sick ride (about 3 laps of lygon -- lots of
cheering, and then down to chapel, a lap and a half there -- there
really was no agro -- even when the odd trouble maker named TimC would
yell into peoples cars "fully sick fast car you go there -- race you
to the next red light! -- oops -- you seem to be stuck! Bye![1]"), we went
for a spin through a safeway carpark. The two security dudes were
really upset with us -- such a scary bunch of terrorists that we are.

Alas, Pete left before we could make use of his mp3 of "sick mate
sick, subwoofer".

[1] Nah not really -- the cars were going too slow for me to yell that
much at them. It was more like "fully sick maaaaate!".

--
TimC
Old February 17th 06, 08:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-02-17, Euan (aka Bruce)
Cue ten minutes of finding fun double kerbs to have fun on. Cue a
couple of offs (wish I could blame the two stubbies I had but my skills
really do suck that bad.)

What are double kerbs?

Oh I don't know what they're really called, it's a jutty out bit between
a park and the road heading out the car park. There's a kerb, a bit of
grass, then a higher kerb about four inches after the first kerb so you
do a double lift to get your front wheel over. Went over it about a
dozen times at various speeds trying different ways of getting over it.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old February 18th 06, 04:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-02-17, cfsmtb wrote:

Euan Wrote:
So took Rocky (MTB) down to pick up a burger with the lot and a couple
of scallops (I'm such a health freak).

Hrmmm s c a l l o p s. National S c a l l o p Pies. Sometimes I miss
stuff like that living in the Big Smoke.

Hm. Maybe I should get a new fishing license, and do a few scallop dives
in the bay. Spread the loving around a bit ...

Old February 18th 06, 06:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-02-18, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
Stuart Lamble Wrote:
Hm. Maybe I should get a new fishing license, and do a few scallop
dives
in the bay. Spread the loving around a bit ...

A tip: I think you'll find virtually *all* the scallops were dredged
out of Port Phillip Bay a loooonnng time ago. Unless they've grown
back. Some how.

And then, would you trust them to eat?

--
TimC
Jun 26 14:08:17 kernel: troll-o-meter (pid 15134) killed: memory exhausted