Another young cyclist injured

Old December 6th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Default Another young cyclist injured

Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old December 6th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:09:38 +0000 someone who may be Paul Boyd
usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote this:-

Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

Would it be too much trouble to insert a line or two of information,
so that people could decide whether to look at the article?

I'm told that these modern difference engines have a cunning feature
called cut and paste, whereby one can undertake this task without
even going to the trouble of tedious typing.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old December 6th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

David Hansen said the following on 06/12/2006 13:45:
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:09:38 +0000 someone who may be Paul Boyd
usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote this:-

Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

Would it be too much trouble to insert a line or two of information,
so that people could decide whether to look at the article?

Well, sorry to put you to so much trouble, but modern computers have a
field called "Subject". That pretty much says it all.

(Just remembered - I turned off my killfile temporarily yesterday.
Clickety-click - that's better.)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old December 6th 06, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Earl Purple

Paul Boyd wrote:
Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Not sure exactly how this is "news" anyway. A young boy was injured
after a collision with a police car responding to a 999 call.

Do we debate whether more lives are lost by police answering 999 calls
than are saved by them getting to the destination in time? That perhaps
police should use helicopters more so they would get there safer? That
there should be more of them so there would be one around when you
needed one?

Old December 6th 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

Earl Purple wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Not sure exactly how this is "news" anyway. A young boy was injured
after a collision with a police car responding to a 999 call.

Do we debate whether more lives are lost by police answering 999 calls
than are saved by them getting to the destination in time? That perhaps
police should use helicopters more so they would get there safer? That
there should be more of them so there would be one around when you
needed one?

We could debate the point that more people are killed on the pavement
by police cars than by cyclists.

Old December 6th 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

spindrift wrote:
Earl Purple wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Not sure exactly how this is "news" anyway. A young boy was injured
after a collision with a police car responding to a 999 call.

Do we debate whether more lives are lost by police answering 999 calls
than are saved by them getting to the destination in time? That perhaps
police should use helicopters more so they would get there safer? That
there should be more of them so there would be one around when you
needed one?

We could debate the point that more people are killed on the pavement
by police cars than by cyclists.

OK. Do you have the figures (with sources)?

--
Matt B
Old December 6th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

spindrift said the following on 06/12/2006 15:54:

We could debate the point that more people are killed on the pavement
by police cars than by cyclists.

Or we could simply debate nothing and treat the article as it was
intended - information. It isn't compulsory to try to find something to
argue about in every post.

I'm sure it's significant to the parents.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old December 6th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

Paul Boyd wrote:
Clickety-click - that's better.)

YABOFHAICMFP

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Evolution is a harsh mistress.
Old December 7th 06, 02:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article
Don Whybrow wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
Clickety-click - that's better.)

YABOFHAICMFP

Hehe :-)
Old December 7th 06, 03:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

"Earl Purple" wrote in message
ups.com...

Paul Boyd wrote:
Just seen this on the BBC website:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6212578.stm

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Not sure exactly how this is "news" anyway. A young boy was injured
after a collision with a police car responding to a 999 call.

Do we debate whether more lives are lost by police answering 999 calls
than are saved by them getting to the destination in time? That perhaps

police should use helicopters more so they would get there safer?

Yeah, but I know this very tall bloke who suffered a rotation injury because
he was wearing a helmet and . . .