Mixtes are Back---at Walmart

Old September 3rd 15, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Mixtes are Back---at Walmart

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3rLYJpEKhkN3A5cnVxcXR6MXc

I know, Walmart is evil, but I went there to buy something that Costco
no longer carriers.

Was surprised to see this Schwinn Mixte there for $159. Rack, fenders,
chain-guard, bell, kickstand, all included.

They also had two bicycles with fully enclosed chain cases and skirt guards.

Is Walmart leading the way to a resurgence of transportational cycling?
The only other Mixtes you can buy locally are the Soma Fabrications
Buena Vista, if you can find a shop that actually has any, or the Trek
District Women's, also often hard to find. Used ones sell quickly on
craigslist.
Old September 3rd 15, 08:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 1:03:34 AM UTC+1, sms wrote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3rLYJpEKhkN3A5cnVxcXR6MXc

I know, Walmart is evil, but I went there to buy something that Costco
no longer carriers.

Was surprised to see this Schwinn Mixte there for $159. Rack, fenders,
chain-guard, bell, kickstand, all included.

They also had two bicycles with fully enclosed chain cases and skirt guards.

Is Walmart leading the way to a resurgence of transportational cycling?
The only other Mixtes you can buy locally are the Soma Fabrications
Buena Vista, if you can find a shop that actually has any, or the Trek
District Women's, also often hard to find. Used ones sell quickly on
craigslist.

The rear of that bike is very poorly proportioned, to the extent that it doesn't really need to be a "mixte" to brace the top of that badly-truncated seat tube. Just look at how the seatstays fall almost parallel to the mixte rails. Ugh! Once more Paramount makes a fashion statement and calls it a mixte, though with more justification than on that horrifyingly overpriced custom trapeze frame the RBT clowns tried to palm off on me. One out of ten for knoving how many tubes a mixte has. Bump that to three out of ten altogether, for at least having the taste to lift an appealing Bianchi color.

Andre Jute

Andre Jute
Old September 3rd 15, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Regional, local Walmart goods are 'traited' ....you know like XXXXXXX or Puerto Ricans are 'traited' and you, you're what ?

Old September 3rd 15, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 03/09/15 02:03, sms wrote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3rLYJpEKhkN3A5cnVxcXR6MXc

I know, Walmart is evil, but I went there to buy something that Costco
no longer carriers.

Was surprised to see this Schwinn Mixte there for $159. Rack, fenders,
chain-guard, bell, kickstand, all included.

They also had two bicycles with fully enclosed chain cases and skirt
guards.

"So much cuter than I thought!", "I am in LOVE with my bike!!!" [3!
exclamation marks!!!], "I purchased this bike and it is adorable. I have
already received a lot of compliments on the look of the bike. It does
making clicking sounds on a couple of the gears..."

Is Walmart leading the way to a resurgence of transportational cycling?
The only other Mixtes you can buy locally are the Soma Fabrications
Buena Vista, if you can find a shop that actually has any, or the Trek
District Women's, also often hard to find. Used ones sell quickly on
craigslist.

There's a reason for that. Tbf, that typically retails for 80-100 euros
around here. You ride it for a year and throw it away. Punctures are
an economically viable repair, tyres or brake blocks aren't.

Tour de Walmart drmofe Racing 5 August 3rd 09 05:08 PM
WALMART SELLS... datakoll Techniques 11 September 28th 08 08:43 PM
Walmart bicycles Michael Press Techniques 23 September 5th 07 03:42 AM
WalMart Spoking! [email protected] Techniques 9 February 24th 05 09:55 PM
Walmart Mongoose XR-200 Dave General 23 May 29th 04 03:39 AM