Woman admits seriously injuring cyclist in horrific Rawling Way crash

Old November 8th 19, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Woman admits seriously injuring cyclist in horrific Rawling Way crash

QUOTE:
A woman has admitted causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Katrina Maguire, 54, pleaded guilty to the single charge she faced when she appeared at Hull Crown Court on Friday.

The incident took place in Rawling Way, west Hull, on July 24 last year, and involved a named female victim. No other details were given during the short hearing.

Maguire, of Welbury Grove, east Hull, had no previous convictions and was released on bail.

Judge Paul Watson QC, Honorary Recorder of Hull and the East Riding, adjourned the case for the preparation of a report by the probation service.

He said: "This is a lady with no previous convictions of any sort. There's no pre-sentence report and in my view there has to be."

Adam Walker, prosecuting, said he would seek an updated medical report on the victim. Maguire is due to learn her fate at the same court on December 13.

The judge told her: "I'm going to adjourn this case until the 13th of December for a pre-sentence report, and I'm going to grant your bail on the same terms as before.

"You have never been in trouble before and the court needs to know more about you. But you must not take the fact I'm adjourning or asking for a report as any indication of what may happen when you come back."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...yclist-3517984