Bike shops uni stock

Old November 19th 03, 02:30 AM
JJuggle

Default Bike shops uni stock

I have been to a few bike shops where they have one unicycle hanging on
a rack somewhere. Out of curiousity, how many here have encountered a
selection of unicycles in a bike shop?

I vaguely remember shops like Stuyvesant Bicycles (where I got my first
Schwinn uni) in New York City having more than one, but since then have
not encountered more than one in any given store.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old November 19th 03, 03:12 AM
daino149

Quite a few of the bike shops in my area stock unicycles. In fact,
that's where I get most of mine from. I find that their prices are
reasonable and I don't have to pay as high shipping costs when I order
stuff through them. They also provide some service for products
purchased through them.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

XWonka: Stick that in your Sig and smoke it.

Old November 19th 03, 03:13 AM
hopeful

yeah, International Bicycle in Charlotte, NC normally keeps 1 20"
chrome torker, 1 24" chrome torker, 2 20" stealth torkers, 2 24" stealth
torkers, a 5' savage giraffe and a 6' savage giraffe in stock.

--
hopeful - Street Performer

a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe
hopeful's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4470

Old November 19th 03, 08:05 AM
UniBrier

Chrome and black Torkers are quite common around here. It may be because
Seattle Bike Supply and Torker are the same ownership. What surprises me
is that I still see lolipop Savages too often too.

'Harvy's Bike Shop' (http://www.harvysbikeshop.com/) has way too many
unicycles. Probably over 40 in stock. Most are Torkers and Sun but he's
got a Coker, Giraffes, Pashleys, Yuni Muni, KH Trials, Miyata, and more.
You can see some of the uni seats in the shot on his main page. And yes,
the shop is as crammed with bikes, unicycles, and supplies as it looks.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old November 19th 03, 11:48 PM
Klaas Bil

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:30:33 -0600, JJuggle
m wrote:

Out of curiousity, how many here have encountered a
selection of unicycles in a bike shop?

The bike shop at the train station in Heerlen, Netherlands, has a
selection of unicycles. But yeah, the shop is run by Geert Mestrom, an
avid unicyclist.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"My butt has a crack in it , but I can still ride. - spyder"