Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old August 12th 11, 06:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On 8/10/2011 10:24 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
Drugs are given to chickens to combat parasites that thrive in factory
farming conditions. Chemicals linked to cancer and birth defects have
been found in eggs and chicken portions. The chemical residue from
drugs given to chickens are regarded as too dangerous for use in human
medicine. Sloppy farming methods and inadequate checks by government
officials had allowed them to get into the food chain.[...]

A good reason to only buy free-range organic chicken and eggs. Besides,
they taste much better also.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old August 12th 11, 07:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 12, 12:27*am, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/11/2011 7:04 PM, JimmyMac wrote:

[...] Listening to Beethoven is neither
more important than your health nor will it make you any more
healthy. *That much is a indisputable.[...

The act of listening to proper music may well improve mental health,
thereby improving the function of the immune system.

I was primarily referring to physical health. Music can improve one's
mental health and Ed is much in need of that. If improvement in
mental health is reflected in improvement of physical health . I'm all
for that, but the point I was making was the order of relevance and
importance which Ed completely missed.

Old August 12th 11, 07:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 12, 12:31*am, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/12/2011 12:00 AM, JimmyMac wrote:

[...] Anything that you can [l]earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.[...]

Jim must mean a general "you", since Ed Dolan refuses to learn anything new.

Right you are on both accounts.

Old August 12th 11, 07:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 12, 12:33*am, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/10/2011 10:24 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
* [...]

Drugs are given to chickens to combat parasites that thrive in factory
farming conditions. *Chemicals linked to cancer and birth defects have
been found in eggs and chicken portions. *The chemical residue from
drugs given to chickens are regarded as too dangerous for use in human
medicine. Sloppy farming methods and inadequate checks by government
officials had allowed them to get into the food chain.[...]

A good reason to only buy free-range organic chicken and eggs. *Besides,
they taste much better also.

What is also important is the omega 3 value which is elevated by
proper selection of feed (think flax seed).

Jim

Old August 12th 11, 07:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 12, 12:29*am, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/10/2011 10:06 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
* [...]

John[s] Hopkins is considered the best hospital in this country if not
the worlds and wrote the book on Urology.[...]

But they lost one "s"?

My error (typo), an I movedthe "s" behind world" ;^) Just can't type
very well as of late.

Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.

(typo), not ther
Old August 12th 11, 10:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 11, 8:05 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 10, 11:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I am assuming it is none of my business to bother with what doctors know
or
don't know. That is their business. If I had wanted to be a doctor, I
would
have. Frankly, the bodies of all animals (including my own) disgust me.
am
thankful that I had the good sense to stay the hell away from medicine.
It is you business to know some of what doctors know so that you and

your doctor can communicate unless you have no concern about you
health and well being.

If we both speak English, we will communicate well enough.

Are you so dumb as to have missed my point It take more than a common

language to communicate. Both parties must have a reasonable grasp of
the subject matter in order for productive communication to be
feasible.

Nope, only the doctor needs know much about how the body works ... or
doesn't work. That is why he earns the big bucks. Your attempt to learn as
much as the doctor about a disease is a futile enterprise. A little learning
is a dangerous thing.
[...]

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 12th 11, 10:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 11:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The only one who is acting out of the
mainstream is yourself. Tom Sherman is the expert on Usenet, not you. You
proved your lack of perspicacity via the Ed Gin episode on ARBR some years
back.

Once again you deleted a large section of my post in responding

without so much as a SNIP Why? because netiquette does not apply to
trolls. That's why Reinserted here...

Reinsert all you want. I will respond to what I think matters and you do the
same.
[...]

When in Rome do as the Romans? You mean when on Usenet emulate a

troll/clown. No thanks. Perspicacity is not a trait that a
troglodyte trolls possess. You myopic view of Usenet is one that you
will always mistakenly subscribe to.

Everyone on Usenet is a clown except you. That is why you no longer belong
here.

You are stuck in a time warp. Usenet may have been worth something when it
was new, but it is now old and it is worthless. I suspect Facebook and the
other social websites are more your speed.

Someone who has difficult writing a post without mentioning Ed Gin

accuses me of being stuck in a time warp. Now that is a hoot. Social
network is rife with privacy and security problems. Social networking
appeals to lonely people indulging their egos. Social networkers
bombard one other with blow-by-blow accounts of the daily minutiae
with a never- ending stream of status updates. The social networker
is compelled to share their every movement and thought no matter how
mundane seemingly to validate their very existence. It is as though
in the absence of an audience of followers, the social networker's
life would be without meaning. Actually this sounds right up you
alley. I'll pass.

Agreed! Hermits like myself have never needed others for anything, least of
all for anything social. I am here because I enjoy kicking dumb ass. Why are
you here?

Old August 12th 11, 10:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 11, 7:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
It is an allusion to think that tyo can improve on what the doctor
prescribes. Before you know it, you will be consulting with witch doctors
and snake oil salesmen.

It is an illusion to think that a doctor knows all that there is to

know about everything. One of my doctors has said that he has learned
much from his patients. The point being made was that information is
there that you have not and are not wiling to avail yourself of
available information. Anything that you can earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.

You are embarked on wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance your
long term prospects.
[...]

Even if what you say is true, what good does it do me now after a lifetime
of eating dairy and red meat? Is the medical establishment now warning men
not to eat dairy and red meat? If so, I haven't seen or heard it.

In a word ... YES. It is not what I say, but what medical researchers

and doctors now say. As I have said all along, you haven't heard
because you haven't taken the time or mad the effort required to hear
the message. It is never too lte to take some corrective measures to
improve one's helath and well being.

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything advising men not to eat dairy or red
meat. This would be headline news if it were true. In fact, it would be on a
par with the campaign against tobacco.

Old August 12th 11, 11:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/12/2011 12:00 AM, JimmyMac wrote:

[...] Anything that you can [l]earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.[...]

Jim must mean a general "you", since Ed Dolan refuses to learn anything
new.

Right you are on both accounts.

Why should I bother to learn anything new? I already know everything worth
knowing. It must be some kind of curse to have to go through life an eternal
student.

Old August 12th 11, 11:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 8/11/2011 7:04 PM, JimmyMac wrote:

[...] Listening to Beethoven is neither
more important than your health nor will it make you any more
healthy. That much is a indisputable.[...

The act of listening to proper music may well improve mental health,
thereby improving the function of the immune system.

I was primarily referring to physical health. Music can improve one's

mental health and Ed is much in need of that. If improvement in
mental health is reflected in improvement of physical health . I'm all
for that, but the point I was making was the order of relevance and
importance which Ed completely missed.

What Jim McNamara has missed all of his life is music. Like most folks, he
is tone deaf. True music lovers are few and far between.

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM