When Close to Home is Close to Home

Old December 7th 04, 05:30 PM

My point that should concern any bicyclist or pedestrian is that
according to the Phoenix police investigating my father's death, it is
not against the law to drive down the shoulder lane and kill someone as
long as they are sober. I find that outrageous that there is NO penalty
what so ever. My dad was riding in the center of the shoulder (bike
lane) on Pecos Road not in the car lane. I was hoping to stir up the
bicyclist in Phoenix to demand some penalty for the guilty driver for
the good of all bike riders. Contact Ed Tuttle PPD 602-495-5862 to
complain. Thanks

Old December 11th 04, 04:56 PM
chris

Subject: Ride of Silence - December 18th

As most of you know, a fellow cyclist, Don Anselmo, was recently killed
on Pecos Road. In memory of Don we are going to hold a 'Ride of
Silence' on Saturday, December 18th at 8:00am. The intent of this ride
is to honor Don and other fallen cyclists and to promote the awareness
of
cycling safety. Mountain Park Community Church has allowed us to use
their
parking lot as a meeting place (24th St. and Pecos). We'll leave from
Mountain
Park Community Church at 8:00am and ride 1 loop of Pecos.
The Ride of Silence is not a training ride and asks that
cyclists ride no faster than 12mph and ride silent. To learn more about
the
national ride:
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
While the national ride is held during May, we are holding our ride in
December due to the recent tragedy.

Please pass this message onto other cyclists as all are welcome.
Sincerely,

Jane Meneely
(602) 431-6598