Empirical Historical Factual Proof that LeMond did dope!!

Old November 15th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Empirical Historical Factual Proof that LeMond did dope!!

When you listen to Phil narate the 89 worlds he is certainly using the
same verbage that identified many dopers on a hindsight basis
throughout the 90s and until today.

"Greg has blown across the gap from the chase group, he's caught
Laurent Fignon and he's making it look so easy"

If that ain't code for "That EPO **** has made LeMond inhuman" then I
don't know what is.

Later in the clip....

"Where does Greg LeMond find his energy from" an obvious reference to
steroids, amphetamines and HGH.

Lastly, he chases down Rooks (an admitted EPO user) and outsprints
Sean ****ing Kelly who was clean but has more fast twitch than an
epiletic crack addict during a seizure and a Russian who we all know
started doping for the motherland when he was still just a toddler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSgzHTRg38

Old November 15th 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Nov 15, 9:54*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
When you listen to Phil narate the 89 worlds he is certainly using the
same verbage that identified many dopers on a hindsight basis
throughout the 90s and until today.

"Greg has blown across the gap from the chase group, he's caught
Laurent Fignon and he's making it look so easy"

If that ain't code for "That EPO **** has made LeMond inhuman" then I
don't know what is.

Later in the clip....

"Where does Greg LeMond find his energy from" *an obvious reference to
steroids, amphetamines and HGH.

Lastly, he chases down Rooks (an admitted EPO user) and outsprints
Sean ****ing Kelly who was clean but has more fast twitch than an
epiletic crack addict during a seizure and a Russian who we all know
started doping for the motherland when he was still just a toddler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSgzHTRg38

Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?
Old November 15th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Nov 15, 3:46*pm, Scott wrote:
[...]

Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -

That's what people did back then. The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.
Old November 15th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Nov 15, 3:05*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Nov 15, 3:46*pm, Scott wrote:
Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -

That's what people did back then. *The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.

Which was in about '86.
Old November 15th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 15, 3:46 pm, Scott wrote:
Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -

That's what people did back then. The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.

Which was in about '86.

No, I think it was a it later than that. Regardless, pro were not
required to wear them until well into the 90's. Even the pros at
CoreStates didn't have to wear them in 1989.
Old November 15th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Nov 15, 3:46*pm, Scott wrote:
Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -

That's what people did back then. *The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.

Which was in about '86.

Lycra covered styrofoam. Not as heavy, but not well-ventilated
compared to the newer "hardshell hairnets".
--D-y
Old November 16th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Nov 15, 3:46 pm, Scott wrote:
Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -
That's what people did back then. *The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.

Which was in about '86.

No, I think it was a it later than that.

I do know that at the '86 world championships there was a guy
promoting the first lycra covered foam Giro. He was pointing out how
Lemond endorsed it. Also recall how Lemond was wearing an aero
version of a Giro during the famous '89 TT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvwtOQYQ-E
Giro was well established at that point.

Regardless, pro were not
required to wear them until well into the 90's. Even the pros at
CoreStates didn't have to wear them in 1989.

That's a different issue.
Old November 16th 09, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

http://www.bhsi.org/history.htm
Old November 16th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Nov 15, 3:46 pm, Scott wrote:
Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -
That's what people did back then. *The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.

Which was in about '86.

No, I think it was a it later than that. Regardless, pro were not
required to wear them until well into the 90's. Even the pros at
CoreStates didn't have to wear them in 1989.

http://www.bhsi.org/history.htm

Yes 86 seems right now that I reconsider.

Old November 16th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

DirtRoadie wrote:
On Nov 15, 3:46 pm, Scott wrote:
Was it Och who made those riders race in the rain w/out helmets?- Hide quoted text -
That's what people did back then. The helmets were heavy and hot
until Giro introduced the lycra covered foam versions.
Which was in about '86.

No, I think it was a it later than that.

I do know that at the '86 world championships there was a guy
promoting the first lycra covered foam Giro. He was pointing out how
Lemond endorsed it. Also recall how Lemond was wearing an aero
version of a Giro during the famous '89 TT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvwtOQYQ-E
Giro was well established at that point.

In 89? Sure. ANSI/Snell approved cycling helmets were pretty much a wide
open field in the second half of the 80's. According to Wiki, Giro was
founded in 1985.

Empirical evidence Mike Causer UK 4 December 24th 05 02:37 PM
Historical Question J Jones Racing 1 July 17th 05 06:50 AM
Historical query drkaboom Unicycling 3 May 27th 05 06:30 PM
Historical reference [email protected] Techniques 14 October 13th 04 05:12 AM
Proof if proof be needed... Jon Senior UK 11 April 30th 04 07:55 PM