RANS Stratus steering update.

Old August 4th 04, 05:09 PM
Jack Davis

Default RANS Stratus steering update.

I am in the process of getting a used Stratus and am inclined to update the
steering from the original t-bar style to the droop bars like on the new
bikes have. Anyone tried this and is it worth the trouble and expense?
Thanks....

Jack

Old August 4th 04, 08:24 PM
Allen

I replaced with Easy Racers steering and it is very very nice.

Old August 4th 04, 09:17 PM
Ben Fox

I just updated a 2001 V2 to the B37 bars and the longest steerer ,I forget
the letter and #, but it's the longest.
I like it very well, a real improvement over the old style.
Ben

. ..

Old August 4th 04, 10:50 PM
Howard

"Jack Davis" wrote in
:

I am in the process of getting a used Stratus and am inclined to
update the steering from the original t-bar style to the droop bars
like on the new bikes have. Anyone tried this and is it worth the
trouble and expense? Thanks....

Jack

I dunno. The short riser and the b-37's give astounding handling, but...
they're wide enough that I felt a little slower. The mid length riser with
the narrow bars are a good compromise, I think.

Either way, you're forced into a more upright seating position, which is
probably what we need to be doing anyway for power development.

Would I do it again?

I dunno. Probably.

Old August 5th 04, 06:29 PM
Jack Davis

"Jack Davis" wrote in message
. ..
I am in the process of getting a used Stratus and am inclined to update

the
steering from the original t-bar style to the droop bars like on the new
bikes have. Anyone tried this and is it worth the trouble and expense?
Thanks....

Jack

I called the nice folks at RANS and ordered the stuff to make my '01
steering like the '04 model.

Thanks for all the helpful info.....

jd

Old August 6th 04, 01:12 AM
Harold Seldin

I used the evo bars on my 2000 stratus what a great difference. less fatigue
in the wrists.I high recommend it.
. ..

Old August 8th 04, 02:47 AM
Jack Davis

"Harold Seldin" wrote in message
I used the evo bars on my 2000 stratus what a great difference. less

fatigue
in the wrists.I high recommend it.
"Jack Davis" wrote in message
. ..
I am in the process of getting a used Stratus and am inclined to update

the
steering from the original t-bar style to the droop bars like on the new
bikes have. Anyone tried this and is it worth the trouble and expense?
Thanks....

Jack

Harold,

I have the Evo system on my Tailwind which is why I thought I might want to
change the Stratus. I ordered the new system that RANS uses and they got it
to me in two days....

jd

Old August 15th 04, 03:46 PM
Jack Davis

"Jack Davis" wrote in message
. com...

"Harold Seldin" wrote in message
I used the evo bars on my 2000 stratus what a great difference. less

fatigue
in the wrists.I high recommend it.
"Jack Davis" wrote in message
. ..
I am in the process of getting a used Stratus and am inclined to

update
the
steering from the original t-bar style to the droop bars like on the

new
bikes have. Anyone tried this and is it worth the trouble and expense?
Thanks....

Jack

Harold,

I have the Evo system on my Tailwind which is why I thought I might want

change the Stratus. I ordered the new system that RANS uses and they got

it
to me in two days....

jd

P.S.

RANS said I should not have to re-cable the Stratus to use the new
bars.....they were not correct in that I did have to re-cable everything but
the results have been worth the effort.

jd