Calling all Belgians

Old April 5th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

Default Calling all Belgians

The USA is sending Belgium a new ambassador and I don't mean Jonathan
Page. Please give him the welcome he deserves. Please TP his house or
whatever the local customs dictate.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002952.php

Bret

Old April 5th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article .com,
"Bret" wrote:

The USA is sending Belgium a new ambassador and I don't mean Jonathan
Page. Please give him the welcome he deserves. Please TP his house or
whatever the local customs dictate.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002952.php

He sure loves that recess appointment trick, doesn't he?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 5th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default OT Calling all Belgians

On 4 Apr 2007 20:21:29 -0700, "Bret" wrote:

The USA is sending Belgium a new ambassador and I don't mean Jonathan
Page. Please give him the welcome he deserves. Please TP his house or
whatever the local customs dictate.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002952.php

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.
--
JT
****************************
Old April 5th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Apr 5, 6:41 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On 4 Apr 2007 20:21:29 -0700, "Bret" wrote:

The USA is sending Belgium a new ambassador and I don't mean Jonathan
Page. Please give him the welcome he deserves. Please TP his house or
whatever the local customs dictate.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002952.php

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.
--
JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Does this mean you'd agree with blocking everyone who's donated to
MoveOn.org too? They've done more than their share of attack pieces
too.
Bill C

Old April 5th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
On 4 Apr 2007 20:21:29 -0700, "Bret" wrote:

The USA is sending Belgium a new ambassador and I don't mean Jonathan
Page. Please give him the welcome he deserves. Please TP his house or
whatever the local customs dictate.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002952.php

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.

Does this mean you'd agree with blocking everyone who's donated to
MoveOn.org too? They've done more than their share of attack pieces
too.

Well I didn't comment on Fox but rather on Bush, but I'll answer your
question anyway.

Every large organization will have some members of it that tell lies
or mislead. Moveon, NRA, RNC, Democratic Party, NOW, Catholic
Church...the list goes on.

I don' think supporters of any of these should be kept out of
government service.

The Swiftboat Veterans were 100% about lies designed to influence the
presidential election. The role of Congress in appointments is to
look at the overall picture of nominees. Sure, someone who funds
explicit lies to influence a presidential election and then pretends
he didn't realize how bad it was while speaking to Congress doesn't
deserve to serve our country.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 5th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

wrote:
[...]

"(E)xplicit lies to influence a presidential election." sounds a lot like the
Kerry campaign. You know the guy who was running guns to the Khmer Rouge on
Christmas of 1968 at the orders of Richard Nixon. When a guy who says crap like
that is praised as a war hero then you're damn right people will pay money to
oppose him.

Old April 5th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:32:16 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

"(E)xplicit lies to influence a presidential election." sounds a lot like the
Kerry campaign.

You're so full of it.
--
JT
****************************
Old April 7th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
[...]

oppose him.- Hide quoted text -

As far as the swiftboat vets they are whores for Bush, that had a
problem with
a combat vets medals (two tours), versus a National Guardsman that
was
suspended because he was too ****ing lazy to meet his required
committments. As
far as the swiftboat whores?

Most of the charges on a two tour Vietnam Vet are made by those that
have high
level GOP connections, non-vet PR types, and never met Kerry. The
latest last
minute commercial funded by these organization still does not show
ANY
vets
that actually knew Kerry in Vietnam. The same types that criticize
Kerry don't
seem to have problem with Bush (got into limited slot with lower 25th
percentile scores, and five deferrment Cheney). Most of the swiftboat
vet
information is from Disinfopedia site at
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.pht..._Veterans_for_...
and
various other referenced sources. Note that the US Navy
Investigation
performed this year verifies the Kerry medals unlike these whores for
Bush.
Kerry awarded combat medals by US Navy
Bush suspended from flight status by National Guard

"He was a thorn in our flesh. He was very articulate, a credible
leader of the
opposition. He forced us to create a counterfoil. We found a vet
named
John
O'Neill and formed a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace.
We had
O'Neill meet the President, and we did everything we could do to
boost
his
group."
Former Nixon Chief Counsel Charles Colson
"Too bad the plane didn't crash into the TV set of the NBC show "THE
LEFT WING"
-- especially when Martin Sheen was "acting.""
Jerome Corsi (Co-author of "Unfit for Command"6/7/2003)

"SBVT contains many officers who praised Kerry's conduct during the
Vietnam
War. These include Division Commander Grant Hibbard, who wrote
positive
evaluations of Kerry, and Commander George Elliott, who submitted
Kerry for a
Silver Star. By contrast, none of the men who directly served under
Kerry in
his swift boat belong to SBVT and they actively campaign on behalf of
Kerry's
presidential bid."
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.pht..._Veterans_for_...

Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the
Silver
Star,
Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval
process was
properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the
medals
were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found
that
they
correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving
these
awards.
Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place
over
30 years
ago would not be productive. The passage of time would make
reconstruction of
the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the
information
gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the
events took
place.
Our review also considered the fact that Senator Kerry's post-active
duty
activities were public and that military and civilian officials were
aware of
his actions at the time. For these reasons, I have determined that
Senator
Kerry's awards were properly approved and will take no further action
in this
matter.
Memo from Navy Inspector General to Secretary of Navy
September 2004-09-26

"With respect to the crewmen on his boats, we had them interviewed by
an
investigator named Tom Rupprath until they refused to be interviewed
anymore,"
John O Neill, August 2004
In an interview on CNN'S Crossfire program on August 12, 2004, John
O'Neill
said that some of the claims made in his book against Kerry over his
war record
were based on interviews undertaken by Rupprath.
John O Neill, August 2004
"I saw some war heroes ... John Kerry is not a war hero," said John
O'Neill, a
Houston lawyer who joined the Navy's Coastal Division 11 two months
after the
future senator left Vietnam.
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLIT...erry.military/

SVBT Whore Number 1
John Ellis O'Neill, is a partner at the Houston law firm of Clements,
O'Neill,
Pierce, Wilson & Fulkerson and has spearheaded the anti-Kerry 527
committee
Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
O'Neill graduated with a law degree from the University of Texas in
1973 and
was a member of Texas Law Review during 1972-1973. Between 1973 and
1974 he was
a member of President's National Advisory Counsel on Supplemental
Services and
Centers, 1973-1974. He was admitted to the Texas bar in 1974,
clerking
for
Supreme Court Justice William H. Rehnquist in 1974 and 1975. [1]
SVBT Whore Number 2
Jerome Corsi has a history of bashing minorities and an alliance with
the
FREEPERS that cannot tolerate any opposing viewpoints. Corsi is
another non-vet
that has balls to criticize a combat vets medals. Basic information
from
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.pht..._Veterans_for_...
provided as follows:
The claim to objectivity by the "Unfit for Command" book also
appeared
to be
undermined by the revelation that Jerome (Jerry) Corsi, listed as co-
author
(O'Neill claims Corsi acted as "simply an editor"), regularly posted
comments
to a conservative website portraying Muslims and Catholics as
pedophiles.
Associated Press reported that in one posting to freerepublic.com, he
wrote:
"Islam is a peaceful religion-just as long as the women are beaten,
the boys
buggered and the infidels are killed."
Free Republic is one of the conservative websites where Corsi's
racist
contributions were posted. Scott Swett, webmaster of
WinterSoldier.com
and Free
Republic's Director, is also the webmaster for the Swift Boat
Veterans
website-further indication that the group is neither unbiased nor
nonpartisan.
In another message Corsi wrote: "So this is what the last days of the
Catholic
Church are going to look like. Buggering boys undermines the moral
base and the
lawyers rip the gold off the Vatican altars. We may get one more
Pope,
when
this senile one dies, but that's probably about it." Asked about his
comments,
Corsi said they were meant as a joke and he apologized. [41]
However, an examination of the full list of Jerome Corsi's Free
Republic
postings reveals that Corsi has made hundreds of them, many of which
are
racist. A February 2003 posting by Corsi asked "Who are the Frogs
going to cry
to when the ragheads destroy the Eiffel Tower?" [42]. And in March
2004, Corsi
even made the wild claim that "JaneFondaKerry is being heavily funded
by
Iranians-check out how Gore was funded by the Chinese in 2000." [43]
End of Copy/Paste
The lack of any personal experience with John Kerry or with serving
in
the
military appear to make Corsi one of the least experienced of these
whores.
Still the far right appear to consider him an "expert" in the Vietnam
movement.
The only biography found was from the ultra right World Net Daily
where Corsi
now works. On the positive side, at least for his present employment
it would
seem that at least Corsi cannot contaminate the mainstream anti
terrorist
organizations. The biography from the World Net Daily site:
Jerome Corsi joins WND commentary lineup!
'Unfit for Command' coauthor's column will run Fridays on
WorldNetDaily

1:00 a.m. Eastern

? 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
Jerome Corsi, the coauthor of the No. 1 New York Times best seller,
"Unfit for
Command - Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry," joins
WorldNetDaily today as a columnist.
"I'm so pleased to welcome Jerome Corsi to the WND stable of
outstanding
columnists," said Joseph Farah, editor and chief executive officer.
"Not only
is he a new friend, but it appears his best-selling book, written
with
the
heroic John O'Neill, has made a dramatic impact on the presidential
election."

Corsi received a Ph.D. from Harvard University in political science
in
1972 and
has written many books and articles since then, including books on
computers,
judicial politics, banking and finance. He even wrote a children's
book, which
was in print for over 25 years. Additionally, Corsi is an expert on
political
violence and terrorism and is currently working on a new book dealing
with
terrorism, oil money and domestic U.S. politics.

SVBT Whore Number 3
Stephen D. Hayes "serves as Senior Vice President-Business
Development
at
Gannon International. [1]
"Prior to joining Gannon International, Mr. Hayes served for five
years as
Managing Director-Public Relations for the 44 million member American
Automobile Association (AAA). He was a senior political appointee in
both" the
Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush administration "and has
managed the
public affairs activities for three major Federal agencies. His
government
experience also included service as Press Secretary to U.S. Senator
Thad
Cochran.
SVBT Whore Number 4
Tom Rupprath is a principal in Rupprath and Associates, a Texas-based
company
hired by Spaeth Communications on behalf of the anti-Kerry 527
organizations
Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
The Texas Department of Public Safety list Rupprath as the
"Owner/Manager/Private Investigator" of Rupprath and Associates and
that his
license was first issued in April 1998. [1]
Rupprath's task was to interview former veterans who served with
Kerry
and
draft statements that were then returned for their signature.
According to
Merrie Spaeth, Rupprath is a former FBI agent.

" Roy, your group claims to be nonpartisan, but indeed, Merrie
Spaeth,
who as
the spokesperson for your group, is a Republican operative. Clearly,
this is an
attempt to make sure Kerry doesn't become president. So it seems
disingenuous
to think that you don't have a political agenda."

From the May 28 edition of FOX News Channel's Hannity & Colmes

See below

SVBT Whore Number 5 and another non-vet Grand Bitch Merrie Spaeth
http://www.spaethcom.com/about_executive.html

Merrie Spaeth has a unique background in media, government, politics,
business
and the entertainment industry. She is a pioneer in communication
theory and
executive training, and is acknowledged as one of the pre-eminent
crisis
management strategists in the country.
Merrie founded Dallas-based Spaeth Communications, Inc. in 1987. The
Firm
provides communication training and consulting for a wide range of
companies
and institutions. She is also the founder and president of the
Institute for
Strategic Communications, a not-for-profit foundation devoted to
studying and
reporting on business communication issues.
Merrie served as a White House Fellow and was assigned to FBI
Director
William
Webster. She was the first Fellow and one of the first two women on
the
director's staff. After the FBI, she served two years at the Federal
Trade
Commission as director of public affairs, and in 1984, President
Ronald Reagan
named her director of media relations at the White House. Merrie
introduced
satellite communications to the White House, and the electronic White
House
News Service. One newspaper headline said she "took the White House
into the
Space Age."
She has worked in every area of print and electronic media. She's
been
a radio
and television talk show host, a reporter and writer for the
Philadelphia
Inquirer and the New York Daily News, and a producer for ABC's
"20/20." Family
Weekly (later USA Today Sunday Magazine) for several years featured
her weekly
column on personal finance and investing called "Your Finances." Her
first book
Marketplace Communication (MasterMedia) is a collection of her
commentaries on
"Marketplace," the daily business show on public radio stations
across
the
country. Today, she writes a weekly column for UPI on communication
challenges
facing businesses, and she is a regular commentator on public radio
and
television.
In the entertainment field, Merrie's best-known work is the classic
movie, "The
World of Henry Orient" with Peter Sellers and Angela Lansbury. As a
teenager,
she appeared as a guest actress in several series. She later became a
speechwriter for the legendary William S. Paley, chairman of CBS,
Inc.
Other honors include the Young Poet of New York, 1971; Glamour
Magazine's 10
Outstanding Working Women of America, 1983; and the National Council
of Women's
Citation of Accomplishment, 1980. A cum laude graduate of Smith
College, she is
a graduate of Columbia Business School and was awarded the school's
Overall
Achievement Award. She has lectured in the Global Executives program
at the
Wharton School, the graduate school of business for the University of
Pennsylvania, and is an Adjunct Professor at the Business Leadership
Center in
the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University where she
is the
only three-time winner of awards for excellence in teaching. She also
regularly
lectures to participants of the business executive program at the
University of
Birmingham, England. Board memberships include Saxon Publishing,
which
publishes the nation's most effective math and reading textbooks.
Charitable
board memberships include the National Children's Eye Care Foundation
and the
Law Enforcement Television Network (LETN). Her firm commits between 5
and 10
percent of its time each year to pro bono training for civic and
charitable
organizations.
FOX's Colmes confronted chair of Swift Boat Vets about the group's
partisan
ties
http://mediamatters.org/items/200406020006

Hannity & Colmes co-host Alan Colmes once again confronted a member
of
Swift
Boat Veterans for Truth, a group founded to discredit Senator John
Kerry's
record during and after his service in Vietnam. This time, on the May
28 show,
Colmes confronted the group's chairperson, Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann,
USN
(retired); Colmes noted the group's Republican ties and questioned
Hoffmann's
standing to challenge Kerry given that Hoffmann "had no firsthand
knowledge to
discredit Kerry's claims" and "really didn't know Kerry much
personally." (As
Media Matters for America reported, Colmes challenged the credibility
of the
Swift Boat Vets during the May 4 edition of Hannity & Colmes.)

From the May 28 edition of FOX News Channel's Hannity & Colmes:

COLMES: Roy, your group claims to be nonpartisan, but indeed, Merrie
Spaeth,
who as the spokesperson for your group, is a Republican operative.
Clearly,
this is an attempt to make sure Kerry doesn't become president. So it
seems
disingenuous to think that you don't have a political agenda.
HOFFMANN: Well, we do not have a political agenda. We -- we are
actually made
up of Republicans and Democrats.
Our thesis is just simply that Kerry is not fit to be the commander
in
chief of
the armed forces of the United States. If you review his book, his
biography,
"Tour of Duty," by Douglas Brinkley, you'll see that he is -- very
definitely
has a bias against the military and there are all types of outrageous
exaggerations...
COLMES: Well, I didn't get that from Doug Brinkley's book, but I want
to put up
on the screen something that was quoted in the "Milwaukee Journal-
Sentinel"
[5/6/04] about you just recently.
It said, "Hoffmann," meaning you, "acknowledged that he had," meaning
you, "had
no firsthand knowledge to discredit Kerry's claims to valor and said
that
although Kerry was under his command he really didn't know Kerry much
personally."
Now if that's true, what gives you any credibility now in the heat of
presidential campaign to come after him?
..

Smear Boat Veterans for Bush
The "swift boat" veterans attacking John Kerry's war record are led
by
veteran
right-wing operatives using the same vicious techniques they used
against John
McCain four years ago.

-
By Joe Conason

May 4, 2004 |

The latest conservative outfit to fire an angry broadside against
John
Kerry's
heroic war record is "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" , which today
launches a
campaign to brand the Democrat "unfit to serve as commander in
chief."
Billing
itself as representing the "other 97 percent of veterans" from
Kerry's
Navy
unit who don't support his presidential candidacy, the group insists
that all
presidential candidates must be "totally honest and forthcoming"
about
their
military service.

These "swift boat vets" claim still to be furious about Kerry's 1971
Senate
testimony against the war in which he spoke about atrocities in
Indochina's
"free fire zones." More than three decades later, facing the
complicated truth
about Vietnam remains difficult. But this group's political
connections make
clear that its agenda is to target the election of 2004.

Behind the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are veteran corporate media
consultant
and Texas Republican activist Merrie Spaeth, who is listed as the
group's media
contact; eternal Kerry antagonist and Dallas attorney John E.
O'Neill,
law
partner of Spaeth's late husband, Tex Lezar; and retired Rear Adm.
Roy
Hoffman,
a cigar-chomping former Vietnam commander once described as "the
classic
body-count guy" who "wanted hooches destroyed and people killed."

and from the Far Right
http://www.yourpropertyrights.org/ Site

Former Defenders of Property Rights Board Member, Tex Lezar, Passes
Away

All of us at Defenders of Property Rights are deeply saddened to
report that
former Defenders board member, Tex Lezar, has passed away. Tex died
suddenly on
January 5 at the age of 56 in Dallas, Texas. He is survived by his
wife, Merrie
Spaeth, and his three children.

In addition to serving on the board at Defenders, Tex was a law
partner at the
Houston based firm of Clements, O'Neil, Pierce Wilson, and Fulkerson
(http://www.copwf.com/atty_profiles/partners.htm) and served in the
Reagan/Bush
Administration as Counselor to Attorney General Ed Meese, Special
Counsel to
Attorney General William French Smith, and Assistant Attorney General
for the
Office of Legal Policy.

"Tex was such a great leader and advocate for property rights," said
Nancie
Marzulla, President of Defenders of Property Rights. "He is a great
friend and
we send our deepest condolences to Merrie and the family."

Old April 5th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately flat out liars have been a huge part of our political
process forever. I agree that he shouldn't have even been nominated
for the post, but it's pretty typical of taking care of donors and
activists. Bill Clinton did a great job of it too.
There's so much crap going on that's based purely on political
character assasination and not merit it's ridiculous.
I've got a little different spin on the US attorneys mess too. While
it's obvious that just about everyone from the administration that was
involved is pretty sleazy at best, and Gonzales is a criminal scumbag
the issue itself is BS.
Traditionally when a new President takes over, and most have done it,
they fire the previous ones and replace them with their politcal
supporters who meet their particular political litmus test, wholesale.
Based purely on ideology and cronyism, just what they are accusing
Bush of, except that Bush kept far more of Clinton's democratic
appointees on and waited, evaluated, and replaced a handful based on
the same criteria that usually caused the wholesale dismissals without
any evaluation at all.
There's no way you can argue that ideology today isnt THE basis for
legal positions that are appointed today either. The Courts, right up
to and including the Supreme Court, and the confirmation process make
that clear as it can be. One of the things that gets glossed over is
that the Democrats, during this adeministration have blocked more
nominees to court positions than were blocked by a Republican
controlled Congress did to Clinton, and by a huge margin.
There are definitely out of the norm things in Kerry's military
record and I suspect that it is the typical inflation for somone who
had connections.
Bush sure as hell got away with a lot more, and I can't stand Kerry,
but in the end you can't say he didn't do his job, and fairly well
while in service.
You really have to dig to find it now, but the Naval investigating
board had, initially, actually recommended that JFK face charges,
including dereliction of duty for the PT109 incident. That changed in
a hurry due to the pressure his father brought to bear, and the fact
that we really could have used a "Hero" story at that point in the war
and noone denies that JFK was heroic after he got his boat cut in half
so it wasn't too hard, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he as
commander he was asleep with noone standing watch, which is why they
recommended the charges. It's was actually exploited similarly to
with what they did with Pat Tillman.
The great naval historian S.E. Morrison had included the whole
incident in one of his books, but the rest of his works follow the
"new" official Naval version.
If you are connected you get treated differently, in the civilian
justice system too.
Bill C

Old April 5th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 5 Apr 2007 05:59:56 -0700, "Bill C"
wrote:

There's no way you can argue that ideology today isnt THE basis for
legal positions that are appointed today either.

Ideology is one thing. Blind loyalty to individuals is quite another.
Bush isn't even following his own expressed ideology in government.

--
JT