Jeanson banned for life

Old January 27th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Jeanson banned for life

Michael Press wrote:

Dumbass -

I would.

My remarks were directed at Bill.

Construct the reply so that we may draw the inference you
intend.

Dumbass -

This is rbr. From my salutation here, you can probably discern that I
don't really care much about being understood (or not).

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old January 27th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Pure bull****.

For years she had a history of avoiding races that had testing.

Most races in the US in her heyday, 4-5 years ago didn't have
hematocrit testing. The EPO test didn't come along till later. They did
have hematocrit testing at the Euro races, but she mostly avoided
those.

It was discussed here in RBR. There was a lot of whispering.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Not true at all. Montreal had testing. She raced that every year and
won it 3 times. Worlds had testing. So did Sydney Olympics.

There are 2 practical reasons why she never raced in Europe. One, her
sponsor doesn't sell products in Europe. And two, her team didn't have
the budget.

Dumbass -

Do you remember when the RONA team went to Europe and she stayed
behind?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Yes. She has raced Fleche Wallonne before (she won it as a 19 year old).
I forget the reason she stayed behind that one time...but it wasn't
because she was afraid of testing. It might have been because of
tendinitis or because the races didn't suit her (flat courses).

She sat out Liberty Classic for that same reason.

But given the fact that USADA only does OOC testing, it's not a
compelling argument.

Magilla

Old January 27th 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Dan Connelly wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Come to think of it, no major races have yellow line rules.

Not 'cross, anyway, which is your promotion specialty. But I'd be willing
to bet there are center line rules for much of the Tour of California.

Or is that by definition not a major race?

Dan

The EPO Tour of California has rolling enclosure, boss. If the EPO Tour
of California has a yellow-line rule - and I seriously doubt it does -
I'm gonna rag on that race for the next 2 years.

Like I said, no major race has a yellow-line rule.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old January 27th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Because the outcome of major races don't depend on centerline
violations. Doping can change results; centerline violations cannot.

Dumbass -

2003 Tuscon Bicycle Classic. Centerline. Car. Death. End of race.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

One, that's not a major race. And two, the results in that race were
not changed by the death.

If death ended that race, how come the Tour de France continued after
Fabio Casartelli's death?

Besides, death in 2003 Tuscon Bicycle Classic --- Beginning of the life
of a new NRC race (Garret Lemire Memorial).

Thanks,

Magilla
Old January 27th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Snack wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020

"The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high
before
Worlds 2004.

Several interesting notes in this piece like retiring before being
sanctioned...

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9400.0.html

"Jeanson took out a U.S. racing license following a battle with the
Quebec cycling federation after the 2003 world championships in
Hamilton, when she was not allowed to start the road race due to an
elevated hematocrit level. She passed subsequent doping tests."

Looks like USA Cycling is paying for their lus

Hey Snack,

USAC has no choice but to grant someone a license when they pay their
fee. It has nothing to do with "lust," whatever that means. USAC never
benefitted from granting Jeanson a license anyway.

You're such an idiot.

Magilla
Old January 27th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

For EPO use:
http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020

All the press items on Jeanson's retirement/banishment refer back
to a column in La Presse under Pierre Foglia's byline:
http://www.lapresse.com/jeanson

For the linguistically-deprived, here's the executive summary.
Jeanson called up Foglia between xmas and Jan. 1 to tell she was
retiring, and btw she was waiting for the ADA Review Board to
announce its decision on her positive from 'Toona. He spoke to
Jeanson again on Jan 18 to learn that she'd been handed a life
suspension.
Jeanson's fed up with being called a dope cheat, she's hanging up
the bike - but she's still fighting on to clear her name.

The USADA took a urine sample after the 1st stage [prologue?] at
'Toona.
The A test says she's 100% postive - no, make that 125% positive:
"Full EPO as if I'd taken a full dose 5 minutes before the start"
[sic sic sic]. Anyway, her lawyer got the USADA to keep the story
from the press until the Review Board's decision if G. didn't
line up for any races. Now she's appealing to the AAA. After that,
there's the CAS. They're leaning on the Beke case and the fact that
the UCI test, 60 hours after the USADA test, was negative. "How could
be full of EPO and have no trace 60 hours later" wonders Mlle. Jeanson.

Foglia takes note of the Duquette affaire, the Hamilton exclusion, her
absent-mindedness at the Fleche Wallonne. And now the Tour of Toona.
The journalist has the impression of two Jeansons: one, luminous, who
launched herself 300 meters from the finish at Mont Royal, leaving all
in her wake; the other, shadowy, who avoided even the most anodyne
questions, able only to articulate her denial: I've never taken
[etc...].

I don't see much journalism in that executive summary - just an
editorial from a writer who has developed no new facts not already in
the public domain.

Joe Lindsey does the same thing....he writes these 3,000 word mammoth
articles...all based on reportng done by others. Closer inspection
reveals the articles to be little more than a gross act of plagiarism
from a variety of sources:

http://outside.away.com/outside/feat...mstrong-1.html

Thanks,

Magilla

Lance Armstrong found with banned substances in Paris! rs Techniques 0 September 10th 05 05:40 PM
Jeanson and Bessette MMan Racing 4 August 3rd 05 04:25 PM
Jeanson and her skeptics Sierraman Racing 4 July 7th 04 01:02 AM
Jeanson On The Skids B. Lafferty Racing 16 May 29th 04 01:04 PM
Boys banned from riding to school Extract from BBC News page Paul Moss UK 143 April 20th 04 08:05 PM