TK was exactly right. OT

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 19th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default TK was exactly right. OT

On Jun 19, 3:15 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Jun 19, 11:54 am, RicodJour wrote:

On Jun 19, 2:42 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

On Jun 19, 10:23 am, Bill C wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:47 am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

The biofuels, and their effect on food production were a seperate
discussion.

You want to give that moron a medal for that conclusion?

It's a given: if corn is used for a non-food purpose, there will be
less corn for food. Duh.

And no, I don't support corn based ethanol subsidies.

You're getting soft in your old age. I don't support corn based corn
subsidies, corn fed beef, beef fed beef and lots of other it-seemed-
like-a-good-idea-at-the-time idiocies.

Could I get you to support killing piggies and destroying crops? Such
policies grow the middle class.

If you're talking about killing my toes, no. If you're talking about
reducing the cultivated biomass, yes. Too many people anyway.

Could I get you to support "old"-age retirement benefits? You know,
if less people are producing, then more will be produced. That will
grow the middle class.

You could get me to support Logan's Run-esque culling of the naked ape
herd.

Less is more, you know.

You're telling this to a group of bike racing dweebs, whose idea of
physical perfection looks much like it walked out of Auschwitz, and
who obsess over extra grams of weight on their bikes? Why?