OT Congrats on a couple of special days

Old January 22nd 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Default OT Congrats on a couple of special days

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Donald Munro wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
I've been fine tuning the troll code and the fabrication module. I can't
believe people respond to him, but they do.

It makes up by sheer persistence what it lacks in sophistication.

Neural nets are for pussies.

So are Neural Fishnets.....

Bill
Old January 22nd 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Donald Munro wrote:
Paul G. wrote:
Absolutely true. Being, say, a door gunner

Door gunner ? I though Kunich was a closet tail gunner.

Game, Set and Match !

Bill
Old January 22nd 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Amit Ghosh wrote:

anyone who's been in the military will never stop mentioning it.

Exactly right.

and as you can tell from is thread they will always use it to qualify
themselves as an authority about what they are about to tell you
about.

classy.

Indeed. Their opinions are no more valuable than those who never served.

Bill
Old January 22nd 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Bill C wrote:

Working your ass off, and getting it shot off are two different
things.

Right. I can rightfully be called a "Gulf War Era Vet" but not a "Gulf
War Vet". Is there a similar legal distinction made among Vietnam era vets?
Old January 22nd 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Donald Munro wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:
Isn't it scaring you that they're printing pictures of Obama's
head on Franklin Roosevelt's body?

William Asher wrote:
No scarier than the image of Bush with his head up his own ass.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
He had his head up Cheney's ass.

Dumbass,
He was giving Cheney a reach around at the same time.

Get it straight, mother****er.

Or a little skewed.

I always thought it was sort of like in "Ratatouille," where the little rat
controls the guy by tugging on his hair, except Cheney didn't control bush
by tugging on his hair, and Cheney probably never bothered washing his hand
after giving Bush his directions for the day. Furthermore, I think you
(ok, maybe you wouldn't, but I would) could plausibly argue that once
Cheney's health failed in the second term and Cheney was too weak to lift a
finger to help (so to speak), Bush tried to give himself directions as
Cheney had done by sticking his head up his ass.

--
Bill Asher
Old January 22nd 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 22, 11:07*am, Fred Fredburger
wrote:
Bill C wrote:
*Working your ass off, and getting it shot off are two different
things.

Right. I can rightfully be called a "Gulf War Era Vet" but not a "Gulf
War Vet". Is there a similar legal distinction made among Vietnam era vets?

Not sure I'd have to ask the local vet rep. Really didn't seem that
tough a concept to me.
Most of my family missed out on WW2 because the Gov't. decided that
the coal mines were critical war work, and they weren't allowed to
enlist, let alone be drafted. Lots of folks in the mines died for lots
of reasons, providing material support for the troops, but that
doesn't make them WW2 Vets on a dd-214. I know they make the
distinction currently on the war zone/anywhere else bit and they take
it pretty seriously. Whole lot of benefits going, rightly, to the
folks in the combat theater that aren't going to folks in other
places. **** when the 509th was at Pease, or even now at Whiteman,
when those folks load the B-2s, or the FB-111s we had for missions
that doesn't make us combat vets, sorry wrong answer. The folks who
deserve that distinction are those that voluntarily, or at least did,
go to the combat zone and do their job.
Lots of other distinctions from there, but I don't have to explain
the rivalries, and internal ****ing matches to folks in the family, or
at least I thought I didn't.
The really funny part of this is that I know that Howard could do
this talk as well as either of us, and we know he's a crazed military
hating commie, right?
Bill C
Old January 22nd 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jan 21, 6:16*pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Jan 21, 2:53*pm, William Asher wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

Isn't it scaring you that they're printing pictures of Obama's head on
Franklin Roosevelt's body?

No scarier than the image of Bush with his head up his own ass.

Dumbass -

He had his head up Cheney's ass.

Right. Bush's ass was... occupied:
http://www.lrjjr.com/holding_hands_with_evil.jpeg

Ah, that special love between an older man and a younger man...
-Paul
Old January 22nd 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jan 21, 6:45*pm, "
wrote:
On Jan 20, 5:28*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

Three cowboys- one each from Texas, California, and Oregon meet on the
trail and set up camp one evening.

After dinner the Texan takes a sip from a bottle of Lone Star beer,
then throws the bottle into the air and blasts it with his 6 shooter.
The Oregonian says "Why'd you do that?" to which the Texan replies
"We've got plenty of beer in Texas!"

The Californian opens a bottle of Cabernet, takes a sip, *throws the
bottle in the air and blasts it with his 6 shooter, saying "We've got
plenty of wine in California!"

The Oregonian thinks about this for a minute, then opens a bottle of
Weinhards beer, takes a sip, pulls his 6 shooter and shoots the
Californian. The Texan is shocked. He screams "Why the HELL did you do
that?!"

The Oregonian calmly explains: "We have a bottle bill, so I have to
recycle the bottle, but we've got PLENTY of Californians in Oregon."
-Paul

Ha. *When I heard that joke, it was an American, a Russian,
and a Pole in an airplane. *They're arguing about whose
country is best, and the American opens the door, is
miraculously not swept out, and starts throwing $100 bills
out the door. *The Russian says "What are you crazy!"
and the American says we have plenty of these in my country.
So the Russian starts throwing vodka bottles out the door ...
And then when they look at the Pole, well you know who
he throws out the door. *"We have plenty of those in my
country!"

This was before the end of the cold war. *You know, back when
Harry Truman was keeping us safe from being invaded by Iraq.

Ben

I like jokes like that which can be reworked to suit any occasion.
Here's another:
Bush and Cheney are retired, so they rent a row boat and go fishing
one day. They row out, find a good spot and catch a lot of bass.
Cheney says "We should mark this spot so we can come back again
tomorrow." Bush says "Good idea! I'll mark the spot" and jumps
overboard with a piece of chalk. He climbs back aboard, rows back and
returns the boat. As they are walking to the car, Cheney asks Bush
"So how'd you mark the spot?" Bush says "Oh, I put a big "X" on the
bottom of the boat." Cheney's face turns red and he slaps Bush upside
the head. "You IDIOT! What if we can't rent the same boat tomorrow?!"

-Paul
Old January 22nd 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jan 22, 5:50*am, "William R. Mattil"
wrote:
Amit Ghosh wrote:

anyone who's been in the military will never stop mentioning it.

Exactly right.

and as you can tell from is thread they will always use it to qualify
themselves as an authority about what they are about to tell you
about.

classy.

Indeed. Their opinions are no more valuable than those who never served.

Bill

I just started mentioning it in the last few years. I even put up a
picture of myself in uniform along with all the other family pictures
in the hallway, which amuses the heck out of my friends. I'm frankly
jealous of today's military. When I was in, people felt sorry for you
because they figured you were too dumb to get out of it, or were so
lame you couldn't get a better job. There's a lot of truth to that.
Clinton and Cheney were smarter than I was, and the construction
company I was working for went bankrupt the same month I drew a very
low draft number.

My grandparents were thrilled, though. My mom was their only child,
and apparently they missed the whole my-son-the-soldier experience
during WWII.

You are right when you say "Their opinions are no more valuable than
those who never served", with the exception of their opinions about
whatever they were doing. So someone who went house to house clearing
out insurgents in Iraq is an authority on that. I'm an authority on
radar and electronic warfare.

Someone who thinks he's fighting in Iraq because Saddam was going to
attack us, or because Saddam had vast stockpiles of WMD's, or was
working on the bomb, is just plain wrong. I don't care how much
combat he's seen.
-Paul

Old January 22nd 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 22, 2:54*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

I like jokes like that which can be reworked to suit any occasion.
Here's another:
Bush and Cheney are retired, so they rent a row boat and go fishing
one day. They row out, find a good spot and catch a lot of bass.
Cheney says "We should mark this spot so we can come back again
tomorrow." *Bush says "Good idea! I'll mark the spot" and jumps
overboard with a piece of chalk. *He climbs back aboard, rows back and
returns the boat. As they are walking to the car, *Cheney asks Bush
"So how'd you mark the spot?" Bush says "Oh, I put a big "X" on the
bottom of the boat." *Cheney's face turns red and he slaps Bush upside
the head. "You IDIOT! *What if we can't rent the same boat tomorrow?!"

-Paul- Hide quoted text -

Bush replies "Who cares we can get a new one built, on a no bid,
expedited contract, from our friends, at taxpayers expense." "RIght W,
and if that doesn't work we'll just have the pond blown dry with a new
munition from our friends. Then we can just pick up the fish off the
ground. Clears up a stinky wetland, and makes it easier to set up the
drill rig! It's all good! **** the boat gimme that phone!" "Wait a
minute Dick let's buy the stuff too. Since we wont be using it, it
wont matter that it doesn't work or shows up months late but we'll
still get the kickbacks."
As they high five and walk away.

Bill C