Discovery ends sponsorship at end of 2007

Old February 9th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Joe Cipale

Default Discovery ends sponsorship at end of 2007

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Good scoop by velonews

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11627.0.html

You give too much credit to VeloNews in this case. A dealer on our dealer
e-list spotted it on USA-Today.com and called up VeloNews, who hadn't heard
anything about it yet.

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

So what now: Mtyhbusters paired with OCC? Two people who KNOW what they
are doing with a rageaholic, a slackeraholic and a buffoon. As long as
they keep Kari Byron, they can ALMOST do whatever they want. :^)
Old February 9th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Old February 10th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
ups.com...
Good scoop by velonews

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11627.0.html

Discovery is going through financial problems and it is handy to blame the
CEO.

Check our Versus (ex-OLN) who can't even give us a schedule of the spring
classics. I assume that they don't have enough money to cover them and
during Paris-Roubaix they'll be playing re-runs of the Lumberjack Log
Rolling Championships.

Bill Stapleton is a pretty sharp cookie and I'm betting that he'll have
another boffo sponsor on the string soon.

Ain't it time that Genetech sponsored a team? That would certainly be good
for a lot doping charges.

Old February 10th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steephill

On Feb 9, 5:25 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Good scoop by velonews

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11627.0.html

You give too much credit to VeloNews in this case. A dealer on our dealer
e-list spotted it on USA-Today.com and called up VeloNews, who hadn't heard
anything about it yet.

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com

"Good scoop by Velonews": I don't think it can be called a scoop when
a major national newspaper is the source.

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

Old February 10th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 9, 6:09 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Discovery is going through financial problems and it is handy to blame the
CEO.

It's the liberals again, TK.

When the ship hits an iceberg, the coal-shovelers are at fault. Is
that what you're saying? Well, if they'd just fire enough of those
schmucks, kick them right out without even letting them grab their
personals, that would've fixed things, right?

I wonder how many millions in severance and guaranteed-contract money
he got to tide him over between Disco and the next high-buck boss gig.

Corporate America, what a wonderful place for those who don't even
have to perform to grab a handle off the top. --D-y

Old February 11th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy B.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 9, 6:09 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Discovery is going through financial problems and it is handy to blame
the
CEO.

Corporate America, what a wonderful place for those who don't even
have to perform to grab a handle off the top. --D-y

No no no, you've got it all wrong. The top jobs are held by the ones who
perform them best - that's why they have the high salaries and you don't.

-Andy B.

Old February 11th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 11, 8:52 am, "Andy B." wrote:
(I wrote):

Corporate America, what a wonderful place for those who don't even
have to perform to grab a handle off the top. --D-y

("-Andy B." replied):
No no no, you've got it all wrong. The top jobs are held by the ones who
perform them best - that's why they have the high salaries and you don't.

Good boy!!!! (pats on flat little head)

You took it to the group, as I told you to do so in a reply to your
trashy email.

Saw another one in the box from "andy and marta" this a.m. Bounced
Unopened, as will be done henceforth.

The idea that there is a meritocracy operating, and in a "free
market", yet? If you really want to believe that, let me ask: "Have
they stolen *your* pension yet?"

Ford and GM are foundering because of *the workers*? Or, better yet,
the unions?

If making inferior products, and the above are making inferior
products by rental car sample, who is making this "lifestyle choice"?

Enron. --D-y

Old February 11th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy B.

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 11, 8:52 am, "Andy B." wrote:
(I wrote):

You took it to the group, as I told you to do so in a reply to your
trashy email.

FYI, I always intended it to go to the group, I just hit the wrong button.
Oh, I mean, thank you oh wize one, without your guidance, my trashy e-mail
would have never made it. I love you.

-Andy B.

Old February 11th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy B.

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 11, 8:52 am, "Andy B." wrote:
(I wrote):

Ford and GM are foundering because of *the workers*? Or, better yet,
the unions?

Of course it's the union's fault - I mean heck, Toyota has the highest paid
blue collar force in the country and look at how crappy their profits are.

-Andy B.

2007 Trek 1500 Discovery Channel colors, LIKE NEW [email protected] Marketplace 2 November 12th 06 08:14 PM
Skoda ends Tour de France sponsorship Jason Spaceman Racing 7 August 9th 06 02:16 PM
Stage7: 1) DISCOVERY! 2) DISCOVERY! 3) DISCOVERY! Me Racing 23 June 14th 05 07:46 AM
Sponsorship rayner Australia 4 July 18th 04 06:00 AM
It's official - Discovery takes over USPS Sponsorship Brian P Racing 5 June 17th 04 01:38 AM