Calling all Belgians

Old April 20th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default OT Calling all Belgians

"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:

I don't criticise Presidents for trying and failing. I criticize them if
they don't try at all. Maybe you don't understand the distinction but
then apparently most of those here are in the same boat as you.

Well, you need to communicate that a lot more clearly. A LOT of what you
say is strictly partisan.

And a lot of what you say is strictly moronic. The fact is that I criticize
your blind criticisms of things that you have no possible way of knowing
anything about. Of course that doesn't stop people like you from claiming
that since you have a RIGHT to criticize anyone for anything that it is
naturally required.

Tell me, since Bush SAID that the Feds are responsible for New Orleans does
that make the Constitution worthless?

Old April 20th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 20, 6:15 am, "William R. Mattil"
It is always enlightening to see someone such as yourself making
claims like that without any evidence. We didn't have a choice of Good
vs Evil. We had mediocre vs a complete idiot and we chose mediocre. We
can't be too critical of him now.

Tell me, what competent person would want to be president with dopes
like you waiting to critique every move? And you don't even have the
courage to post under your own name and yet believe that someone
should destroy their entire life for you!

Wasn't it Winston Churchill who said that the best argument against
democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter ??

Pretty well sums up this entire thread.

No, it was Benjamin Franklin.

In the US, we've reversed the maxim; for the last few
years, the best argument against democracy has been a
5 minute conversation with the average President.

"I think we should just trust our president in every decision
that he makes and we should just support that."
-- Britney Spears and Tom Kunich

Ben

Old April 20th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

Tom Kunich wrote:

I don't criticise Presidents for trying and failing. I criticize them if
they don't try at all. Maybe you don't understand the distinction but
then apparently most of those here are in the same boat as you.

Well, you need to communicate that a lot more clearly. A LOT of what you
say is strictly partisan.

And a lot of what you say is strictly moronic. The fact is that I criticize
your blind criticisms of things that you have no possible way of knowing
anything about. Of course that doesn't stop people like you from claiming
that since you have a RIGHT to criticize anyone for anything that it is
naturally required.

Tell me, since Bush SAID that the Feds are responsible for New Orleans does
that make the Constitution worthless?

OK, forget the part about 'communicate a lot more clearly'. Let's
start with 'communicate'. Was that last sentence supposed to make
sense or did you accidentally leave a paragraph out between the start
and the ending?

And my answer is that we all have to hope that what Bush has said and
done over the last six-seven years hasn't made the Constitution
worthless, but he seems to have taken his best shot.

BTW, your buddy Gonzalez certainly looks to be a winner - the last
person to make such poor excuses was Gore when he said the reason he
missed part of the security briefings was the ice tea and trips to the
bathroom.

Come on, you knee jerk liberals - you have to aadmit that was pretty
weak.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old April 21st 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Apr 18, 7:12 pm, Fred Fredburger wrote:
Bill C wrote:
On Apr 17, 3:49 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Kveck, you are a lying son of a bitch because that's what you want to be.
Looks like these lying Commies agree with Kveck too!:
http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-04-06-voa14.cfm
Pentagon Probe Finds No Ties Between Saddam, Bin Laden
By VOA News
Bill C

And while we're on the subject, check out the rant by this commie, pinko
*******:

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle17516.htm

As long as all you ****ing retards keep voting for a *leader* rather
than *servant*, then trouble will be worse than it could otherwise be,

I actually agree with you on this. What are we, sheep? Don't answer, please.

and people with sense (i.e. me),

This part is less clear.

will be worse off than we could
otherwise be. Democracy doesn't work, but you could at least attempt
to mitigate its damage.

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except
all the others that have been tried.
Winston Churchill

Old April 21st 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:54:49 -0700, Howard Kveck
wrote:

Calling Bush "mediocre" gives him entirely too much credit. And, yes, we
*can* be critical of him - that's the first step of holding him accountable
for his actions.

I'm not sure why the Kunich wants a president that can't handle
criticism (OK, other than it would be a president much more likely to
be just like the Kunich). Last I heard, it comes with the territory.
If you want to be the controller, you answer to the board of
directors. If you want to be CFO or CEO, the same but more so. And if
you want to be POTUS, you answer to the citizens of the U.S. first and
the world second. You don't get elected to the head of the most
powerful country in the world to get a free ride for your actions and
miscarriages.

If you can't handle that, then stay home and ride your bike.

All true. But GWB sure doesn't seem to think that's the case. I think that's why
his administration has such a heavy emphasis on the political end of things, rather
than the policy end.

Sounds like the Kunich worries overly much about us hurting GWBs
feelings.

One of the most amusing aspects of TK getting all up in arms about people
criticizing Bush came about a while back was the same thing as "stealing from your
employer." Of course, he forgets (as I pointed out at the time of this thread) that
he spent the stretch from '93 to '01 criticizing the administration, or, to use his
terminology, stealing from his employer.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...b5d16040467?hl

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 21st 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Fred Fredburger wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

I don't criticise Presidents for trying and failing. I criticize them if
they don't try at all. Maybe you don't understand the distinction but then
apparently most of those here are in the same boat as you.

Well, you need to communicate that a lot more clearly. A LOT of what you
say is strictly partisan. Your clear and unmistakable message is that
you support everything done by Republicans and denounce anything done by
Democrats.

Strangely, criticizing the Bush administration has become nonpartisan.
Stories like this are everywhere these days:

http://tinyurl.com/3e5zme

Things are not looking very good for Attorney General Going-Going-Gonzalez, are
they?

(Hat tip to Tbogg for that...)

Old April 21st 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Retreat is a very complicated strategic concept though. We didn't lose
anything we couldn't live without during that retreat.

Why do you complain about armor etc. in Iraq? Douglas MacArthur deserted his
troops in the Philipines and left them to the Bataan Death March. Almost
exactly the same thing happened in North Korea when the Chinese came across
the Yalloo.

All over the world those "anything we couldn't live without" were American
soldiers and sailors lives.

Winning is NEVER cheap.

AHA! So THATS'S how we know we're winning!
Old April 21st 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:

And a lot of what you say is strictly moronic. The fact is that I criticize
your blind criticisms of things that you have no possible way of knowing
anything about.

But you have no possible way of knowing what I say.

Except that you can read it. Which is what I can do with what Bush says.
Same thing.

Try to keep up here.

Of course that doesn't stop people like you from claiming
that since you have a RIGHT to criticize anyone for anything that it is
naturally required.

Oh Bull****, Tom. What is it that YOU'RE doing?

Your problem is that you accuse everyone else of doing what YOU do, then
get indignant about it.
Old April 21st 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On 19 Apr 2007 17:06:55 -0700, Bill C wrote:

Iran is prepared to cut off all traffic in the strait of Hormuz at a
minimum:

It's highly unlikely that they could do that.