OT Is anyone really surprised?

Old January 26th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default OT Is anyone really surprised?

In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

On Jan 25, 6:50*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*Michael Press wrote:

ObBike: why have the Germans never acquired a reputation for making
serious road bikes? Is there some boutique make I'm missing?

Warning: Gratuitous Ethnic Stereotyping. Hide the kiddies.
http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,SoldierTech_Leopard2A6,,0...

That's not UCI-legal. Some kind of recumbent?

I'm pretty sure "Economical Uberpanzer" was an late-80s
early-90s industrial band. I might have seen then opening
for The Fall once. Howard probably remembers them
better than I do.

I wasn't so much into KrautRock then...

That actually would be a great name for a band, though I still believe that the
best and most accurate name for a band is "Negative Cash Cow."

I always wanted a band called Bad Pork.

--
Michael Press
Old January 26th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bret" wrote in message

I'm not quite done with you yet. If it's evil to use public funding
money for altruism, what would you call it if public funding is used
for evil purposes? Evil squared? How do they rank as relative evils?
Is the former a misdemeanor and the latter a felony? Both felonies?

Here's the bottom line Bret - you fund police and fire agencies and others,
such as emergency rescue because you might need them yourself and NOT
because someone else might need them. That isn't altruistic - it's called
self-interest.

Stealing my money on pain of imprisonment, seizure of my property and
completely ruining my life so that you can hand that money over to people
whom you chose to believe deserve it more than those who work for it is evil
incarnate. Whether you care to admit it or not.

Old January 26th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 26, 11:17*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

*Michael Press wrote:

ObBike: why have the Germans never acquired a reputation for making
serious road bikes? Is there some boutique make I'm missing?

Warning: Gratuitous Ethnic Stereotyping. Hide the kiddies.
http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,SoldierTech_Leopard2A6,,0...

That's not UCI-legal. Some kind of recumbent?

I'm pretty sure "Economical Uberpanzer" was an late-80s
early-90s industrial band. *I might have seen then opening
for The Fall once. *Howard probably remembers them
better than I do.

* *I wasn't so much into KrautRock then...

* *That actually would be a great name for a band, though I still believe that the
best and most accurate name for a band is "Negative Cash Cow."

I always wanted a band called Bad Pork.

Dumbass -

One of the most successful live music venues in San Diego is called
The Belly Up. The founder bestowed that moniker because everyone told
him not to do it because he'd go bankrupt. It's been around since the
mid '70s.

It's definitely possible to make a profit in the music industry. The
worldwide gross recepts for music sales and live shows is mid-eleven
figures. Starting a garage band is a tough one though. Way too much
competition. It's sorta like Cat 1s in the US fighting for their table
scraps. As my friend @ one of the music stores that caters to gigging
musicians says, "you gotta pay to play".

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 26th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 1/26/08 2:48 PM, in article
, "Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

On Jan 26, 11:17*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,

*Michael Press wrote:

[...]

The Belly Up is a bar.............
Do you know what the mark-up is on liquor at these places??
That is where most of their gross comes from.
The musical acts are used to bring in the alcohol drinkers....

Old January 26th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 26, 2:52*pm, ST wrote:
On 1/26/08 2:48 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Jan 26, 11:17*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,

*Michael Press wrote:

[...]

Did you read the entire post?

Read the 2nd paragraph. The entire paragraph. Jesus Christ.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 26th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 26, 1:54*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Bret" wrote in message

I'm not quite done with you yet. If it's evil to use public funding
money for altruism, what would you call it if public funding is used
for evil purposes? Evil squared? How do they rank as relative evils?
Is the former a misdemeanor and the latter a felony? Both felonies?

Here's the bottom line Bret - you fund police and fire agencies and others,
such as emergency rescue because you might need them yourself and NOT
because someone else might need them. That isn't altruistic - it's called
self-interest.

Stealing my money on pain of imprisonment, seizure of my property and
completely ruining my life so that you can hand that money over to people
whom you chose to believe deserve it more than those who work for it is evil
incarnate. Whether you care to admit it or not.

If your life is ruined, how come you still have
all those bicycles in the garage?

Ben

Old January 27th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG

On Jan 25, 5:37*am, "Sandy" wrote:
Dans le message ,
Kurgan Gringioni a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

It takes a generation or more, once a nation starts going down that
path, to develop an independent judiciary. Without a tradition of an
independent judiciary a democracy cannot succeed.

Democracy need not be a goal. *It's just the current fad, given a long
history of mankind. *There have been independent judges throughout history,
and it is not the office, but the wisdom, that sustains itself. *

snip

Dumbass -

I agree, democracy need not be a goal, but the W. Bush Administration
has declared that is the goal, hence my assertion of the need for the
independent judiciary.

W/out checks upon the leader's power, the leader almost inevitably
becomes addicted to power and becomes the tyrant.

With regards to Iraq, there is also the amount of time needed to
develop a professional, non-sectarian military and a professional, non-
sectarian police force.

It's all doomed to failure. The American public will not have the
patience necessary for the 20+ year commitment needed to develop those
institutions.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 27th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 1/26/08 3:01 PM, in article
, "Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

On Jan 26, 2:52*pm, ST wrote:
On 1/26/08 2:48 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Jan 26, 11:17*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,

*Michael Press wrote:

[...]

You did not read my point...

Face it Henry.........
You are not the gay intellectual mensa boy you portray yourself to be.

Old January 27th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG

On Jan 26, 6:19*pm, ST wrote:
On 1/26/08 3:01 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Jan 26, 2:52*pm, ST wrote:
On 1/26/08 2:48 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Jan 26, 11:17*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,

*Michael Press wrote:

[...]

And your point is?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 27th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 1/26/08 6:42 PM, in article
, "KG"
wrote:

On Jan 26, 6:19*pm, ST wrote:
On 1/26/08 3:01 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Jan 26, 2:52*pm, ST wrote:
On 1/26/08 2:48 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Jan 26, 11:17*am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,

*Michael Press wrote:

[...]

What an Assbag.........
IF they did not serve alcohol it would not be successful!

Who's Surprised? [email protected] Racing 39 October 22nd 07 05:38 PM
I'm surprised... MagillaGorilla Racing 3 September 5th 06 03:50 AM
Surprised it hasnt been said but... [email protected] Racing 0 February 19th 06 11:07 PM
Surprised, not surprised db. Recumbent Biking 0 January 23rd 06 10:48 PM
Surprised you people aren't talking about this Lame Acer Racing 1 August 20th 04 06:53 PM