TK was exactly right. OT

Old June 27th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

Default TK was exactly right. OT

ST wrote:

You guys are so full of crap and yourselves!

HE SAID... (and I agreed) "This biofuels **** is gonna take all the corn the
USA gives to feed the worlds hungry and they are gonna starve!!!"

Hasn't happened.

Even though you've cherry picked his statements, you still haven't come
up with one that's demonstrably true.
Old June 28th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 6/27/08 7:54 PM, in article , "ST"
wrote:

On 6/27/08 9:11 AM, in article ,
"Fred Fredburger" wrote:

ST wrote:

You guys are so full of crap and yourselves!

HE SAID... (and I agreed) "This biofuels **** is gonna take all the corn the
USA gives to feed the worlds hungry and they are gonna starve!!!"

Hasn't happened.

Even though you've cherry picked his statements, you still haven't come
up with one that's demonstrably true.

You are such a koolaid idiot............

http://www.un.org/News/briefings/doc...iegler.doc.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...arving_people_
are_a_crime.html

U.N.: Biofuels Starving People, Are a "Crime Against Humanity"
Biofuel Growth Causing Starvation

Here is another one from a PROGRESSIVE website!

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/04/29/8595/

Published on Tuesday, April 29, 2008
by Environmental News Service

UN: Biofuel Production ŒCriminal Pathı to Global Food Crisis

Old June 28th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 27, 10:58*pm, ST wrote:
On 6/27/08 7:54 PM, in article , "ST"

wrote:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...uels_starving_...

Published on Tuesday, April 29, 2008
*by Environmental News Service

UN: Biofuel Production ŒCriminal Pathı to Global Food Crisis- Hide quoted text -

I'd read both of those. Should've linked them, along with the Guardian
piece.
Bill C
Old June 28th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Jun 27, 8:54*pm, ST wrote:
On 6/27/08 9:11 AM, in article ,

"Fred Fredburger" wrote:
ST wrote:

You guys are so full of crap and yourselves!

HE SAID... (and I agreed) "This biofuels **** is gonna take all the corn the
USA gives to feed the worlds hungry and they are gonna starve!!!"

Hasn't happened.

Even though you've cherry picked his statements, you still haven't come
up with one that's demonstrably true.

You are such a koolaid idiot............

http://www.un.org/News/briefings/doc...iegler.doc.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...uels_starving_...
are_a_crime.html

U.N.: Biofuels Starving People, Are a "Crime Against Humanity"
Biofuel Growth Causing Starvation

The first article talks of a right to food whether or not it can be
paid for. I never knew you were such a liberal Stevie.
Old June 28th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Bret wrote:
The first article talks of a right to food whether or not it can be paid
for. I never knew you were such a liberal Stevie.

He's been assimilated into the liberal plot. Ben needs some help
with the project in Asia.
Old June 28th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On Jun 28, 10:13*am, Bret wrote:

The first article talks of a right to food whether or not it can be
paid for. I never knew you were such a liberal Stevie.

Fat people always think they have a right to food.
Old June 28th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 6/28/08 10:57 AM, in article
, "Donald Munro"
wrote:

Bret wrote:
The first article talks of a right to food whether or not it can be paid
for. I never knew you were such a liberal Stevie.

He's been assimilated into the liberal plot. Ben needs some help
with the project in Asia.

Read the article more assbag!!

The creation of ³pure fuels² or biofuels to protect the environment and
reduce oil dependence was not a bad idea, but its negative impact on hunger
would be catastrophic, Mr. Ziegler said. When tons of maize, wheat, beans
and other food staples were converted to fuel, food prices rose and arable
land was lost to food production. Last year, the price of wheat doubled and
of maize quadrupled.

He said that, currently, 31 of 53 African States had to import food. As
prices rose, the poorest countries could not pay, and the poorest people,
generally living without access to subsistence farming, could not purchase
more expensive foodstuffs. The amount of corn that needed to be burned to
make enough ethanol to fill a single carıs fuel tank could fill a child for
an entire year.

Old June 29th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Jun 28, 3:04*pm, ST wrote:
On 6/28/08 10:57 AM, in article
, "Donald Munro"

wrote:
Bret wrote:
[...]

You seem to be saying that growers have a moral obligation to produce
food no matter the market forces involved. Why do you hate market
forces? How many children could be fed with the corn used to produce
the high fructose corn syrup that you consume Stevie?
Old June 29th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

ST wrote:
On 6/27/08 9:11 AM, in article ,
"Fred Fredburger" wrote:

ST wrote:

You guys are so full of crap and yourselves!

HE SAID... (and I agreed) "This biofuels **** is gonna take all the corn the
USA gives to feed the worlds hungry and they are gonna starve!!!"

Hasn't happened.

Even though you've cherry picked his statements, you still haven't come
up with one that's demonstrably true.

You are such a koolaid idiot............

http://www.un.org/News/briefings/doc...iegler.doc.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...arving_people_
are_a_crime.html

U.N.: Biofuels Starving People, Are a "Crime Against Humanity"
Biofuel Growth Causing Starvation

You should read your own links.

"Jean Ziegler, Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, reported that
biofuel could have a catastrophic negative impact on world hunger. "

Do you know what the word "could" means? It's not the same thing as "did".

I know, I'm being too subtle for you again.