TK was exactly right. OT

Old June 24th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

Default TK was exactly right. OT

On Jun 24, 11:21*am, Bill C wrote:
On Jun 23, 11:30*pm, "
wrote:

"Want" is a funny word, isn't it? *The way you use it
there is an excluded middle - you either want something,
or don't want it, leaving it valueless. *I don't personally
want or wish to possess the mountains a few miles from
my house, but that doesn't mean I think the state should
sell off the park to people who will bulldoze the saguaro
for condos.

*The point here is that the undeveloped land in the reserves and parks
is collectively owned by the people, paid for by our tax dollars.

Bull****. That is the crap they sold you for your puny vote and
confidence.

don't want my government selling off the rights for a buck an acre, or
something close. As an owner, like you, it's worth much more to me as
it is right now. Just the pleasure of knowing it is there, in that
condition, is worth more to me than what I would get out of selling
off the rights to develop it. On a purely free market basis, if
nothing else, I'm not selling it because all of the offers have been
FAR below what I consider the actual value to be to me.

So first you talk about the guvmint essentially siezing the land, and
next you talk about selling on a "pure free market basis."
Interesting.

Old June 24th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
I'm not going to give you any hints. You might become dangerous.

He's still got millions of 3rd world residents to work on, he won't
get around to you for a while yet.
Old June 24th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jun 24, 12:44*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

I'm not going to give you any hints. *You might become dangerous.

He's still got millions of 3rd world residents to work on, he won't
get around to you for a while yet.

Those 3rd world residents were on his land before he got there. They
gotta go.
Old June 24th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Paul G. wrote:
Right. There is no question that rising CO2 levels result in warming.

Karp season starts next month.

Old June 24th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 24, 3:23*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

don't want my government selling off the rights for a buck an acre, or
something close. As an owner, like you, it's worth much more to me as
it is right now. Just the pleasure of knowing it is there, in that
condition, is worth more to me than what I would get out of selling
off the rights to develop it. On a purely free market basis, if
nothing else, I'm not selling it because all of the offers have been
FAR below what I consider the actual value to be to me.

So first you talk about the guvmint essentially siezing the land, and
next you talk about selling on a "pure free market basis."
Interesting.

That was mine not, Ben's.
Bill C
Old June 25th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jun 24, 3:40*pm, Bill C wrote:

That was mine not, Ben's.

While I've slipped in comments to older posts/attrib's before, I
almost always leave the attrib markers in place. This time I did not
slip in a comment to an older Ben posting, nor did I misplace my
comment according to the attrib markers.

Back to the point: It is a confidence game.
Old June 25th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jun 24, 2:24*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
Paul G. wrote:
Right. There is no question that rising CO2 levels result in warming.

Karp season starts next month.

Prof Larry S. Karp? Weren't you banging his daughter, and doesn't
that make you a Karpette Bagger?
-Paul
Old June 25th 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Paul G. wrote:
Prof Larry S. Karp? Weren't you banging his daughter, and doesn't that
make you a Karpette Bagger?

On rbr we refer to it as tapping unless it involves a female climate
scientist in which case it is referred to as nailing.

Old June 25th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 24, 7:41*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Jun 24, 3:40*pm, Bill C wrote:

That was mine not, Ben's.

While I've slipped in comments to older posts/attrib's before, I
almost always leave the attrib markers in place. *This time I did not
slip in a comment to an older Ben posting, nor did I misplace my
comment according to the attrib markers.

Back to the point: It is a confidence game.

Not sure if I would've supported buying/taking ANWR, but now that I,
through my involuntary contribution, own it, and I'm gonna pretend the
system might work, then I'm happier treating it like a painting on a
wall. Just as much fun to look at and does a lot more good though.
Once in a while, if enough of us scream at them, they actually listen.
They took our money, they bought it, we own it.
Bill C
Old June 25th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Donald Munro wrote:

Paul G. wrote:
Prof Larry S. Karp? Weren't you banging his daughter, and doesn't that
make you a Karpette Bagger?

On rbr we refer to it as tapping unless it involves a female climate
scientist in which case it is referred to as nailing.

Once you've nailed a chick who understands baroclinic torque and her own
Coriolis forcing, you'll never go back. Or so I'm told.

--
Bill Asher