The nightmare goes on, Ricco caught with EPO

Old July 17th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default The nightmare goes on, Ricco caught with EPO

Davey Crockett wrote:
Goes deeper
Parent company of L'Equipe == Parent company of ASO

Hopefully != Parent Company of LNDD

Old July 17th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

--
Davey Crockett
-

Yes, I've been wondering if the Criterium du Dauphine Libere is soon
going to be renamed Criterium de L'Equipe.

-ilan
Old July 17th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:58:06 +0200, Keith wrote:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...sitif_Dev.html

So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

I'll candyass it by saying I knew it all along. Yeah, it was so
obvious to me.

Old July 17th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 17, 7:28*am, wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:58 pm, Keith wrote:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...53_ricco-posit...

So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

More to the point, I wonder what the percentage of false positives is
for this test. If it is a couple of percent, then there is a very good
chance someone is going to test positive after 5 tests like Ricco
had.

-ilan

Ilan, C'mon guilty until proven innocent, and "yellow journalists"
never lie, or run the house line, they are "Journalists" damn it. They
wouldn't do that.
Bill C
Feel free to look up John Tomase, and the Boston Heralds apology for
running a story which they finally admitted they had NO proof of at
all, that did massive damage. Tomase is still employed, and wasn't
even suspended.
Old July 17th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Davey Crockett" schreef in bericht
Keith a écrit profondement:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...sitif_Dev.html

| So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

Funilly enough I'd mentally reserved Ricco as the next candidate for
the Grand Order (of the Boot)

Well, as I wrtote three days ago in a French forum: "Ricco is already
tested five times. After all, he put up a great performance, so they will
not rest before to put him in the pillory - like Landis, Vino, Rasmussen"
("Riccó a déjà cinq fois dû subir un test de dopage. Après tout, il a fait
un exploit, donc on ne reposera plus avant d'avoir trouvé une raison de le
clouer au pilori - comme Landis, Vino, Rasmussen.put him in the pillory").
Of course, it's quite possible he is really guilty - but we will never know.

Benjo

Old July 17th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 17, 1:48 pm, "Benjo Maso" wrote:
"Davey Crockett" schreef in ...

Keith a écrit profondement:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...53_ricco-posit...

| So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

Funilly enough I'd mentally reserved Ricco as the next candidate for
the Grand Order (of the Boot)

Well, as I wrtote three days ago in a French forum: "Ricco is already
tested five times. After all, he put up a great performance, so they will
not rest before to put him in the pillory - like Landis, Vino, Rasmussen"
("Riccó a déjà cinq fois dû subir un test de dopage. Après tout, il a fait
un exploit, donc on ne reposera plus avant d'avoir trouvé une raison de le
clouer au pilori - comme Landis, Vino, Rasmussen.put him in the pillory")..
Of course, it's quite possible he is really guilty - but we will never know.

Benjo

I live right next to the former rue du Pilori in Paris (now rue de
Buci) which led to the Place du Pilori (now known as Mabillon), the
heart of the Faubourg St. Germain during the middle ages since people
must have loved watching all those blashphemers, debtors, and other
scoundrels punished publicly.

These days, TdF dopers and other miscreants are put in "garde a vue"
by the French police which means being locked in a cell with hardly
anywhere to sit, no food, water, sleep impossible, and incessant
accusatory questioning and threatening harassment by the police, all
this without having the right to a lawyer for the first 72 hours.
Pillory might be preferable, at least that way everyone can observe
the injustice.

-ilan
Old July 17th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 17, 1:28 pm, wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:58 pm, Keith wrote:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...53_ricco-posit...

So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

More to the point, I wonder what the percentage of false positives is
for this test. If it is a couple of percent, then there is a very good
chance someone is going to test positive after 5 tests like Ricco
had.

-ilan

Also, the Mayo case shows that B samples will continue being tested
until the positive is confirmed, so these days a positive A sample is
enough to convict.

-ilan
Old July 17th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 17, 5:58*am, Keith wrote:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...53_ricco-posit...

So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

If his B sample is tested tested tested by the same lab and even same
lab tech, there's scant chance he will be "saved" at all.

It's the War on People.

How high did you want that stack of bodies, again? --D-y
Old July 17th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
shane

What do all these positives say about the testing at other races,
particularly the Giro? Do you think this is another skirmish in the
ASO-ProTour conflict?
Old July 17th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Keith wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:03:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jul 17, 12:58 pm, Keith wrote:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...53_ricco-posit...

So it seems he wasn't saved by his natural hematocrit level.

The real nightmare is that L'Equipe is the official leak of the AFLD.

ilan, as much as I respect and even admire your posts about cycling in
France, your cheap shots and rants against L'Equipe are really
annoying. The bottom line to me is that it doesn't matter how the news
gets out as long as it's the truth.

As far as I can remember, L'Equipe only really failed once, that was
in 1998 when they ferociously attacked Aimé Jacquet, they later
apologized. They certainly are NOT the cheap rag you try to picture.

These tests should be well controlled and "Leak results to L'Equipe"
should not be part of the official process.

Ricco Freako SLAVE of THE STATE Racing 17 July 19th 08 12:05 AM
Ricco new sprinting technique Dan Gregory Racing 4 March 14th 08 04:41 AM
$2,000,000,000,000 nightmare [email protected] General 28 March 9th 08 12:36 AM
Ricco gets a raise 15x ! Keith Racing 6 July 11th 07 04:03 PM
omg this is a nightmare Lucas1wheel Unicycling 5 January 30th 07 05:30 PM