Melting Icecaps

Old September 4th 08, 09:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Melting Icecaps

In article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Another bit of news today:
"Ellesmere Island loses huge ice shelf"

Yes!

"Warmer ocean leads to fiercer hurricanes"

From: http://tinyurl.com/5jdx4l

"Due to the cool waters for a great distance from the Pacific coast of
Canada, there has never been a storm of any intensity to directly affect
the Pacific side, with the only exception being the remnants of Typhoon
Freda that were absorbed by the Columbus Day Storm of 1962."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canada_hurricanes

Looking at the death toll of Canadian hurricanes, there's no way they
come anywhere close to the death toll caused by cold. The 1998 ice storm
in Quebec killed 35 people and did about $6 billion in damage.

We'll repatriate the Florida snowbirds and call it even,

Old September 4th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Sep 4, 12:02*am, "Robert Chung"
wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Another bit of news today:
"Ellesmere Island loses huge ice shelf"

Yes!

"Warmer ocean leads to fiercer hurricanes"

New Orleans has a French Quarter. May I suggest NO for your future
summer vactions? As ever, I am ready to contribute.

The only downside is you wouldn't create as much CO2 as you would
flying to France. Oh well, life is about tradeoffs.

Old September 4th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Sep 3, 6:05*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*"Robert Chung" wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 12:15 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Hmm, seems as how the arctic ice cap is larger this year than last.

Well, it's been just short of a month since Tom wrote this. Here's
yesterday's update from

Of course another thing we should find interesting about Robert's
posting is that the original predictions from his weather experts
were that the arctic ice sheet was going to disappear completely.

Another bit of news today:
"Ellesmere Island loses huge ice shelf"

"One of Canada's five remaining Arctic ice shelves - the 4,500-year-old,
50-sq.-km. Markham Ice Shelf - has broken completely away from Ellesmere
Island and drifted into the Arctic Ocean [...]"

From:
http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...3-890644071d06

Yes!

This is so pleasing to me. And you know how much I appreciate your
open arm policy and know you will welcome me as it gets too damn hot
down here in Kommifornia.

And I am not so much for olive branches, but I will bring some tater
water with me as a good will gesture.

We'll start with the Duval, and move on to the tater water when the
Duval stops working.

Old September 4th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
The only downside is you wouldn't create as much CO2 as you would flying
to France. Oh well, life is about tradeoffs.

Or tradeins:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_carbon_trading

Old September 5th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
"Ellesmere Island loses huge ice shelf"

Yes!

"Warmer ocean leads to fiercer hurricanes"

We'll repatriate the Florida snowbirds and call it even,

Yes!

Chortle. So I don't think I've won Chung over to my pro-global-warming
position, but he figures with my new snowbird-offset program, it's at
least break-even.

Old September 5th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
"Ellesmere Island loses huge ice shelf"

Yes!

"Warmer ocean leads to fiercer hurricanes"

We'll repatriate the Florida snowbirds and call it even,

Yes!

Chortle. So I don't think I've won Chung over to my pro-global-warming
position, but he figures with my new snowbird-offset program, it's at
least break-even.

Dumbass,

My out-laws live in Florida. You've bitten off more than you can chew.

From:http://tinyurl.com/5jdx4l

"Due to the cool waters for a great distance from the Pacific coast of
Canada, there has never been a storm of any intensity to directly affect
the Pacific side, with the only exception being the remnants of Typhoon
Freda that were absorbed by the Columbus Day Storm of 1962."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canada_hurricanes

Looking at the death toll of Canadian hurricanes, there's no way they
come anywhere close to the death toll caused by cold. The 1998 ice storm
in Quebec killed 35 people and did about $6 billion in damage.

We'll repatriate the Florida snowbirds and call it even,

I dunno, dude. This just seems a lot like the
"Bring them on" strategy, applied to weather.

It might work out, but if you wake up one day
covered in mosquitos, a tornado blows through
the trailer park next door, and your training rides
are interrupted by people throwing Bud cans and
empty bags of pork rinds at you, it isn't going
to be pretty.

Ben
Old September 5th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Sep 4, 11:42*am, Donald Munro wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

The only downside is you wouldn't create as much CO2 as you would flying
to France. *Oh well, life is about tradeoffs.

Or tradeins:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_carbon_trading

A ship of fools. A Casbah of Kooks.

With my clown car and low key life-style, my pets would be paying me.

Old September 6th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
"Ellesmere Island loses huge ice shelf"

Yes!

"Warmer ocean leads to fiercer hurricanes"

We'll repatriate the Florida snowbirds and call it even,

Yes!

Chortle. So I don't think I've won Chung over to my pro-global-warming
position, but he figures with my new snowbird-offset program, it's at
least break-even.

Dumbass,

My out-laws live in Florida. You've bitten off more than you can chew.

Note to self: use this to blackmail Chung.