OT Congrats on a couple of special days

Old January 20th 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default OT Congrats on a couple of special days

It's just too bad that a great man like Dr. King can't be here to see
the first African American President take office tomorrow. So congrats
to all of you who supported Obama, I'd rather see JC Watts taking the
oath tomorrow, but that's neither here nor there.
Obama's got a honeymoon like noone since JFK, lets all hope he lives
up to Dr. Kings legacy, and dreams and will be able to chart a course.
let's hope it's a better, wiser one than the last 8 years.
For tomorrow at least let's all celebrate a historic step forward in
making this a better Country.
Hope someone, like Kerry send his ball playing ass a new road bike
though and gets him a new passion. Even a good commuter/hybrid would
be a great statement, call it the Calfee, Obama 1 green machine, Dr.
prescribed for fitness and stress relief.
Hope some of you were planning to, and are able to go be a part of
this incredible piede of history.
Bill C
Old January 20th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Bill C" wrote in message
[...]

Uh, yeah, thanks, what he said... I think! :)

Don't count on him dropping basketball in favor of cycling though. He's
a creature of habit; just look at his refusal to stop using his
Blackberry. I think Obama, more than any recent President, is going to
acutely feel the aloneness, at times, of being President. Not being able
to just call or email the usual suspects and talk things through. Having
to be concerned that everything is monitored, paticularly the trappings
of modern technology that he's surrounded himself with. Let's just hope
he at least manages to stop smoking.

I'm not so sure about the honeymoon either. He's already in trouble with
his own party over aspects of the bailout, and his Secretary of State
pronounced to the world how happy she was to have a Democratic President
and a Democratic Congress. So much for bipartisanship.

It's not going to be easy, but I think, more than any other recent
President, that he knew the job was dangerous before he took it.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old January 20th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

Bill C wrote:
[...]

Dumbass,

I'm trying to figure out whether that ranks higher on the tone-deaf scale or
the creepiness scale.

Old January 20th 09, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

http://www.loesje.org/archive/decser08/december03.pdf
Old January 20th 09, 11:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:36:00 -0800, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

his Secretary of State
pronounced to the world how happy
she was to have a Democratic President
and a Democratic Congress. So much for bipartisanship.

Yeah, I mean, despite the Republican Party doing a record number of
filibusters in the recent Congress it'd be far more reasonable of her
to want a Republican Congess, just to make sure the she and the
President have to fight harder for every bill to pass. Keep her
honest. Yeah, the Republicans in Congress of the last two years have
been so productive. And in the previous six years when they
controlled Congress they made so many good choices. I kind of miss
those six years.
Old January 20th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 19, 11:45*pm, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

Dumbass,

I'm trying to figure out whether that ranks higher on the tone-deaf scale or
the creepiness scale.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I haven't been sufficiently RBR'ized. I actually feel good for
these folks and many others:

http://tinyurl.com/8jazwy

A dream long denied for these Springfield seniors, finally comes true
on Tuesday
by The Republican Newsroom
Monday January 19, 2009, 9:00 PM

I'll try to bring my act up to RBR standards. Next time my older,
incredibly nice, x-tian, female neighbor wishes me "a blessed day"
instead of saying "thanks, you too." I'll go RBR on her ass and tell
her "Get over your ****ing delusions you senile old ****" (Not
likely)
Now that'd be the spirit of RBR.
Bill C
Old January 20th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Robert Chung" wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out whether that ranks higher on the tone-deaf scale
or the creepiness scale.

I'm going to be very happy watching you get your greatest wishes.

Old January 20th 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jan 20, 7:31*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out whether that ranks higher on the tone-deaf scale
or the creepiness scale.

I'm going to be very happy watching you get your greatest wishes.

I'm going to get one of my greatest wishes in about an hour when the
twin turds Bush and Cheney get flushed. The death, destruction, and
trillions of dollars of economic wreckage they caused just keeps
coming:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 10:01am EST
Job growth under Bush was worst since WWII
Jacksonville Business Journal - by G. Scott Thomas

"President George W. Bush will leave office Tuesday with the worst
employment-growth record of any president since World War II,
according to a new analysis by Bizjournals.

The nation’s job base grew at an annual rate of 0.28 percent during
Bush’s eight years as president – by far the slowest pace for any of
the 11 presidents in the postwar era, according to Bizjournals.
Bizjournals is the online media arm of American City Business
Journals, The Business Review's parent company.

The previous low had been set by Bush’s father, George H.W. Bush, with
an annual job-growth rate of 0.59 percent."

-Paul
Old January 20th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 20, 7:58*am, "Paul G." wrote:
On Jan 20, 7:31*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Robert Chung" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

Dumbass -

Come on now, don't dwell on the negative. History will remember W Bush
for his foreign policy achievements, namely his initiation of the 2003
Iraq War on the justification from a threat of Imagined Weapons of
Mass Destruction (IWMD).

It is a feat that may never again be duplicated.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 20th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Dumbass -

Come on now, don't dwell on the negative. History will remember W Bush
for his foreign policy achievements, namely his initiation of the 2003
Iraq War on the justification from a threat of Imagined Weapons of
Mass Destruction (IWMD).

It is a feat that may never again be duplicated.

This place is so loaded with America-haters and
Blame-America-Firsters that it make me want to
puke.

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/trailer.jpg

Bob Schwartz