Novitzky gets the Ball rolling

Old June 25th 10, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
i,Fred

Default Novitzky gets the Ball rolling

And now it begins. Ball gets served with a warrant regarding doping on Rock
Racing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...e_on_ball.html
Old June 25th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 25, 1:46*pm, "i,Fred" wrote:
And now it begins. Ball gets served with a warrant regarding doping on Rock
Racing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...4/2010-06-24_f...

That's it? They're going after a defunct pro team with an out-of-
business bankroller? This is going to lead to the downfall of the
EMPIRE OF LANCE? Guess I was expecting a bit more fireworks.

Side note: Landis needs to write a new book after all this is over,
"Don't Burn Your Bridges, Nuke 'em!"

Brad Anders
Old June 25th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 6/25/2010 5:06 PM, Brad Anders wrote:
On Jun 25, 1:46 pm, wrote:
And now it begins. Ball gets served with a warrant regarding doping on Rock
Racing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...4/2010-06-24_f...

That's it? They're going after a defunct pro team with an out-of-
business bankroller? This is going to lead to the downfall of the
EMPIRE OF LANCE? Guess I was expecting a bit more fireworks.

Side note: Landis needs to write a new book after all this is over,
"Don't Burn Your Bridges, Nuke 'em!"

Brad Anders

I seriously doubt that this is "it." If anything "it" is just the
beginning.
Old June 26th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jun 25, 3:27*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 6/25/2010 5:06 PM, Brad Anders wrote: On Jun 25, 1:46 pm, *wrote:
And now it begins. Ball gets served with a warrant regarding doping on Rock
Racing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...4/2010-06-24_f....

That's it? They're going after a defunct pro team with an out-of-
business bankroller? This is going to lead to the downfall of the
EMPIRE OF LANCE? Guess I was expecting a bit more fireworks.

Side note: Landis needs to write a new book after all this is over,
"Don't Burn Your Bridges, Nuke 'em!"

Brad Anders

I seriously doubt that this is "it." *If anything "it" is just the
beginning.

I agree. It's only beginning.

On another note, did anyone really believe that all those "ex" dopers
on Rock Racing had really cleaned up?
Old June 26th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 6/25/2010 7:15 PM, Scott wrote:
On Jun 25, 3:27 pm, "B. wrote:
On 6/25/2010 5:06 PM, Brad Anders wrote: On Jun 25, 1:46 pm, wrote:
And now it begins. Ball gets served with a warrant regarding doping on Rock
Racing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...4/2010-06-24_f...

That's it? They're going after a defunct pro team with an out-of-
business bankroller? This is going to lead to the downfall of the
EMPIRE OF LANCE? Guess I was expecting a bit more fireworks.

Side note: Landis needs to write a new book after all this is over,
"Don't Burn Your Bridges, Nuke 'em!"

Brad Anders

I seriously doubt that this is "it." If anything "it" is just the
beginning.

I agree. It's only beginning.

On another note, did anyone really believe that all those "ex" dopers
on Rock Racing had really cleaned up?

And the criminal search warrant is under seal so that no one will know
who has talked and provided evidence leading to the issuance of the
warrant. It's just the beginning of a long process. Sit back and enjoy
the show, folks.
Old June 26th 10, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

On Jun 25, 3:27 pm, "B. *wrote:
[...]

the show, folks.- Hide quoted text -

I have the distinct feeling that this opening salvo is meant to start
applying pressure to those who may have information that will assist
the prosecutors in targeting the big fish. These mother****ers are
going to start singing like a Spring Nightengale when they get
confronted with the consequences of lying to the Feds and the reality
of prison life for skinny white guys with the build of Kate Moss at
the end of a coke binge at NY Fashion Week.
Old June 26th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jun 25, 3:27 pm, "B. *wrote:
[...]

the end of a coke binge at NY Fashion Week.- Hide quoted text -

I am going to open some Champagne - great news.
Old June 26th 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
rickhopkins

On Jun 25, 3:27 pm, "B. *wrote:
[...]

More likely only Landis will go to jail for continuing to lie - if I
am not mistaken he still claims not to have taken synthetic
testosterone at the TDF so either he is lying or he was correct and
the test was wrong. Want to bet he is still lying. When the feds
have no hard evidence on anyone else, they will slip away. Keep in
mind they just lost an important appeal in the Barry Bonds case last
week, that case is evaporating unless they can win the next appeal
(what another yr to 1.5 yrs and several experts have noted every day
that goes by without a trial the harder a conviction will be). If you
can't convict Bonds, don't hold to much hope for this mini adventure
will shake much loose. You may want to keep the cork in it for now.
Old June 26th 10, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
i,Fred[_2_]

rickhopkins wrote:
On Jun 25, 6:38=A0pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
I am going to open some Champagne - great news.

More likely only Landis will go to jail for continuing to lie - if
am not mistaken he still claims not to have taken synthetic
testosterone at the TDF so either he is lying or he was correct and
the test was wrong. Want to bet he is still lying. When the feds
have no hard evidence on anyone else, they will slip away. Keep in
mind they just lost an important appeal in the Barry Bonds case last
week, that case is evaporating unless they can win the next appeal
(what another yr to 1.5 yrs and several experts have noted every day
that goes by without a trial the harder a conviction will be). If
you
can't convict Bonds, don't hold to much hope for this mini adventure
will shake much loose. You may want to keep the cork in it for now.

Rick,
First off, this case has nothing to do with BALCO
so any comparison on the merits of one based on the
other is meaningless. Different circumstances,
different sports, different players - only the genre
is the same.

Secondly, the feds are not interested in prosecuting
athletes for doping. That is a well established fact,
so don't get your hopes up for Floyd taking the perp
walk anytime soon. As has already been discussed here,
the investigation is looking into the misappropriation
of funds as they relate to organized doping practices.

i,Fred
Old June 26th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
rickhopkins

On Jun 25, 8:49*pm, "i,Fred" wrote:
rickhopkins wrote:
[...]

I, Fred,

You are naive to believe this is not about drugs. No evidence of
doping, no case. If Floyd has taken them down a wild goose chase (and
as I already noted he is probably still lying as he claims not to have
taken synthetic testosterone) and wasted fed $, believe me after the
Balco case if they have nothing to show for their effort (which is
what I suspect will happen regardless of guilt), Floyd my become
someones bitch. In some respects, the feds have no alternative but to
investigate, that is not the same thing as there is evidence to
indite. As I said don't pop the corks just yet.

Rick

Hey Anton, ball patches don't cause ball cancer... Anton Berlin Racing 0 June 16th 10 03:02 PM
B. Ball......new endeavors! bwian [email protected] Recumbent Biking 0 January 7th 06 04:00 AM
NBA ball Callistus Valerius Racing 34 November 26th 04 07:22 AM
NBA ball Callistus Valerius Racing 0 November 22nd 04 09:37 PM
Cycle-Ball Ronde Chimp Racing 3 September 27th 04 09:57 PM