What's up with Bigha?

Old August 27th 03, 12:22 AM
skip

Default Ed Dolan and "Realities"

"Larry Varney" wrote in message
snip
This new
subject line reflects the actual subject. I understand that you believe
that subject lines should not ever be changed to reflect the actual
subject, but until you become either the owner of the internet or at the
very least the moderator of this particular news group, your belief will
continue to be just that.

It would be nice if you would label the new thread you just created as "Off
Topic" or "O.T." so the unwitting will not think it's about Mr. Dolan and
his new "Realities" bike computer. Some people get all upset if they think
they have been duped into reading something O.T.. At least one even gets
upset just because an off topic thread exists. Personally I think it is a
good idea not to start O.T. threads willy nilly, but to attempt to keep them
contained. As long as it's off topic I say let it stay stay where it is and
don't multiply it.

If anyone had the stamina to read this far into this BiGHA thread they
probably are too word weary to complain if O.T. material pops in and out of
the thread. But starting a new O.T. threads and not labeling it as such is
certain to offend some readers.

skip

Old August 27th 03, 04:18 AM
Edward Dolan

Larry Varney wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:
(Scott) wrote in message . com...

Larry, you are my hero! I love your, calm, mature, respectful
response to the childish ranting of El Dolan.

Ride well, amigo.

Scott

Would someone explain to me what my name is doing on this thread? I
believe it was your "mature, respectful" Mr. Varney who is responsible
for this outrage. Other than protesting the subject title of this
thread I have declined to post anything here, but if I were to post I
would have a few choice words to say about those who do this sort of
thing.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

A while back you lambasted me several times because I wasn't editing
my responses enough to suit you. I think you used the phrase, "when are
you going to learn..." and so on.
So, I followed your advice. And while I was at it, I edited the
subject line to reflect the topic. In this particular case, I was
responding to one of your posts about "realities". And if I remember
correctly, it had something to do with people being able to judge
something they had no actual experience with, in particular being able
to condemn a bicycle they have never seen nor ridden.
You tossed in some stuff about children and "realities". This new
subject line reflects the actual subject.

Up to this point you make sense. Where you went astray was to use my
name without my permission in the subject line for your new thread. It
was not necessary and was done for spite. I guarantee you that I could
use your name in a subject line for a thread in such a way that you
would not be pleased. No one else does this sort of thing except in
the spirit of banter. In case you didn't know it, you and I never
banter.

I understand that you believe
that subject lines should not ever be changed to reflect the actual
subject, but until you become either the owner of the internet or at the
very least the moderator of this particular news group, your belief will
continue to be just that.

I have already posted my thoughts on this and we disagree about it.
But it is my belief that those who do not know how to edit a post also
do not know how to post a new subject line either. You proved it to
me.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 27th 03, 09:31 AM
Ian

Mark Leuck must be edykated coz e writed:

"Ian" wrote in message

Does any one on The Panel think well enough of the Bigha to spend
$3000.00 of their own money on it?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Ok, that's another one for the kill file.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

I think it will stop with him when someone finally says "Yes I will pay
$3000 for a BigHa"

OK, I WILL PAY $3000 FOR A BIGHA!

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old August 27th 03, 05:54 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

"Ian" wrote in message

Does any one on The Panel think well enough of the Bigha to spend
$3000.00 of their own money on it?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Ok, that's another one for the kill file.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

I think it will stop with him when someone finally says "Yes I will pay
$3000 for a BigHa"

OK, I WILL PAY $3000 FOR A BIGHA!

Do you have it on order? What is the delivery date?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"You can fool half of the people all of the time and that's enough to
make a good living."
W.C. Fields