Trans Canada Trail - Recumbent Ride?

Old June 15th 04, 10:29 AM
Around Australia Recumbent Style

Default Trans Canada Trail - Recumbent Ride?

Hello all.

I am wondering if anyone out there has ridden a recumbent down the Trans
Canada Trail? If so, is there anywhere I can read about your experiences?

I am thinking of a cross Canada and USA trip on a SWB and thought the TCT
would be a bit of fun. From what I can find, the trail appears to have some
mountain bike bits but also a fair bit of bike path, country road and
highway stuff in it, so it could be fun to have a go at.

All replies welcome.

regards

Andrew

http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooke...leTouring.html

Old June 24th 04, 05:46 AM
Ron Wallenfang

There are lots of hills along the north shore of Lake Superior, especially
from Terrace Bay to Marathon, that will challenge you on a recumbent. You
can avoid them by detouring through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which
is markedly less hilly.

"Around Australia Recumbent Style" wrote in
message ...