Merckx: Lance better than me

Old November 26th 04, 01:00 AM
Jason Spaceman

Default Merckx: Lance better than me

From the article:
11/25/2004

Rated by many as the best rider of all time, Eddy Merckx now believes that a
sixth Tour win gives Lance Armstrong the right to that title.

.. . . .On a personal note, the svelte-looking Merckx said that he had lost 25
kilos in recent months thanks to frequent mountain bike excursions and a new
diet.

Read it at http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=715

J. Spaceman

--
My email address ) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.
Old November 26th 04, 01:04 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

Better than I?

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old November 26th 04, 01:04 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

Better than I?

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old November 26th 04, 02:11 AM
Tim Lines

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Better than I?

I'd give Merckx a pass on the grammar, given the class he's shown.
Old November 26th 04, 02:11 AM
Tim Lines

Old November 26th 04, 03:01 AM
Tom Kunich

"Jason Spaceman" wrote in message
From the article:
11/25/2004

Rated by many as the best rider of all time, Eddy Merckx now believes that
sixth Tour win gives Lance Armstrong the right to that title.

It certainly gives him the right to proclaim that he's the best Tour rider
of all time. But "best rider" is permanently in Eddy's hands. It would be
impossible for anyone to match Eddy's record let alone break it.

. . . .On a personal note, the svelte-looking Merckx said that he had lost
25
kilos in recent months thanks to frequent mountain bike excursions and a
new
diet.

It is not healthy to drop so much weight so fast. I figure that he's using
that carb blocker pill and I am wary of that myself. I don't think that
there's enough experience with it to trust that sort of thing in an aging
body.

Old November 26th 04, 06:38 AM
Amit

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message news:20xpd.721

. . . .On a personal note, the svelte-looking Merckx said that he had lost
25
kilos in recent months thanks to frequent mountain bike excursions and a
new
diet.

It is not healthy to drop so much weight so fast. I figure that he's using
that carb blocker pill and I am wary of that myself.

how the hell do you come up with this ?

Old November 26th 04, 06:39 AM
Amit

Jason Spaceman wrote in message ...
From the article:
11/25/2004

Rated by many as the best rider of all time, Eddy Merckx now believes that a
sixth Tour win gives Lance Armstrong the right to that title.

i think he said "yeah, but hey, I'm almost twice Lance's age".