RBRers Unite! You have nothing to lose but a retard!

Old December 1st 04, 01:33 AM
Papai Digital

"Sierraman" wrote in message ...
"Papai Digital" wrote in message
om...
Trdina sez:
A few months ago, continued exposure to Kunich's special brand of
retardedness forced me to go back on my pledge never to kill file

anyone.
However, even after I've killfiled him, I still have to deal with his
morbidly stupid drivel because others choose to respond to him, so I get

see what he says when I read their posts. Now, I'm hardly one to

suggest
that another Usenet denizen not respond to Tom. After all, your choice

of
who you waste your time bantering with is none of my business. However,

I'd
like to humbly request that people who respond to Tom's crap please

insert
the text "WARNING - I'm Responding To a Dip****" somewhere in the header

of
the post.

Tom rides his bike and gives back to cycling in general probably a lot

more
than 90% of this group does.

-Ken

I recognize that this may take a bit more time, but by taking a moment
before you post you'll be doing a great number of us here at RBR an
invaluable service.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Hold My [SIERRA NEVADA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Has Tom ever admitted to being wrong about anything? I think the biggest
sticker with folks is that when he gets into a nasty knock down drag out
subject, instead of admitting he's wrong, he just keep coming up with stuff
taking the offensive instead of gracefully conceding. Is this pretty much
the way it is? I don't have a problem with him, because he mostly just
replies and doesn't post. He's a smart guy, but doesn't know when to quit,
especially the helmet threads was the last straw for many.

I would rather have Tom answer for himself.

As for me, when I screw up I try to come back and admit.
Not that many people in RBR do that; maybe I am just one of the
dumbest then and screw up so often that my retractions neqarly equal
my posts?!!! ;-)

If I were RBR SR I would ask Tom and others:

- NEVER start an off-topic post
- then resist on following-up to an off-topic post
- admit you're flawed, retract things every now and then, stuff like that.

Some (long-standing) people on RBR have developed secret grudges against
other (long standing) RBR posters. That crap is unfortunate -- some
people are way too sensitive.

I leave it all out here hanging, don't hide much of anything, and
never have posted anonymously. Some people are too full of themselves too!
;-) Some people even change for the better; some people CAN learn.

And then, there are the smart-ass crowd... I don't want to go
on any further. Too much time wasted.

Anyway,

1. Tom rides his bike a lot
2. Tom leads non-sissy group rides
3. Tom puts his $$ into cycling
4. Tom teaches kids cycling
(if only he could teach himself racing!! ;-) (sorry Tom--couldn't resist)

-Ken
Old December 1st 04, 02:14 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Sierraman wrote:

Has Tom ever admitted to being wrong about anything? I think the

biggest
sticker with folks is that when he gets into a nasty knock down drag

out
subject, instead of admitting he's wrong, he just keep coming up with

stuff
taking the offensive instead of gracefully conceding.

Dumbass -

I've gotten him to admit he was wrong once, but that was only because I
cited some extremely conservative think tanks that were against his
position.

I finally concluded there's nothing to be learned from interacting with
someone who is that rigidly ideological. So I stopped. In my not so
humble opinion, political discussion here is mostly a waste of time
(not always though).

K. Gringioni.

Old December 1st 04, 02:30 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 02:14, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
political discussion here is mostly a waste of time

Especially since IT'S OFF TOPIC!!!
(sorry, Pedalchick said I rule).

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old December 1st 04, 02:32 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Papai Digital" wrote in message

If I were RBR SR ...

Didn't you have enough misery the first time?

Old December 1st 04, 02:32 AM
Carl Sundquist

Old December 1st 04, 03:23 AM
g-spot

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Sierraman wrote:

Has Tom ever admitted to being wrong about anything? I think the

biggest
sticker with folks is that when he gets into a nasty knock down drag

out
subject, instead of admitting he's wrong, he just keep coming up with

stuff
taking the offensive instead of gracefully conceding.

Dumbass -

I've gotten him to admit he was wrong once, but that was only because I
cited some extremely conservative think tanks that were against his
position.

Dumbass,

I remember that. I'll take some credit for helping.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...ing.google.com

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...s.adelphia.net

Of course, it was stupid 15 to 20 years ago too.

Old December 1st 04, 09:52 AM
Donald Munro

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Especially since IT'S OFF TOPIC!!!
(sorry, Pedalchick said I rule).

I thought rbr's strong woman ruled (the one who Kurgan claims the
distinction, dubious or otherwise, of tapping).