Trikki Beltran's bad concussion and his helmet

Old August 20th 05, 12:20 AM
Dave Vandervies

Default Trikki Beltran's bad concussion and his helmet

In article ,
Bill Sornson wrote:

I was merely commenting on your attributing words/arguments to others that
don't exist. Twice. (Granted, first case -- which you snipped -- was more
egregious.)

Hmm. That does appear to be what I was doing. (Though I still
think that replacing the first one with a valid representation of the
position I was attempting to represent doesn't affect the point I was
making/illustrating, and would carry the additional bonus of removing
the opportunity for the second. I just chose particularly bad examples
to support it.)

And then when I got called on it I responded in a way that I and many
others object to (quite legitimately) when people we disagree with try
to do it.

I really need to go on a long bike ride instead of arguing on usenet, but
the bike shop hasn't finished fixing my brakes yet, and the weather 'round
here sucks this weekend anyways. But I definitely need to find something
to do where being grumpy won't lead to embarassing myself in public.
If you[1] catch me posting again before the end of the weekend, beat me
over the head with a crushed helmet or some other suitable implement.

dave

[1] Generic `you', not just Bill.

--
Dave Vandervies
Let's all just agree that I'm right and everyone else is wrong, and
Old August 20th 05, 12:40 AM
Bill Sornson

Dave Vandervies wrote:
In article ,
Bill Sornson wrote:

[...]

Just wear your helmet.

{pause}

:-P

Old August 20th 05, 12:59 AM
Michael Press

In article ,
"Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

Context is everything. Anti-helmet folks using risk compensation
seem

There are no "anti-helmet folks." It is all in your mind.

That's funny, I could have sworn it's been on my computer screen!

Then you can characterize a member by describing his
values, goals, methods, knowledge-base, tools, attitude,
and theses; and cite two or more writings that support
your thesis.

--
Michael Press
Old August 20th 05, 02:43 AM
Steven Bornfeld

Dave Vandervies wrote:
In article ,
Steven Bornfeld wrote:

(plonk)

--
Cut the nonsense to reply

Old August 20th 05, 05:50 AM
SMS

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I submit that on or about Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:19:49 GMT, the person
known to the court as SMS made a statement
in Your Honour's bundle) to
the following effect:

So you say. And of course in ScharfWorld, denouncing them as
"woefully inadequate" is of course completely different...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...e=source&hl=en

Very creative snipping.

Nearly as creative as yours - once again you snipped the call for
evidence without actually providing any! I see a pattern emerging

The evidence is in the same places that I've pointed to on numerous
occasions. I'm sure you're smart enough to look at the previous threads
on the subject and find it.

Not that any amount of evidence has ever convinced you of anything in
the past.
Old August 20th 05, 09:04 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Sat, 20 Aug 2005 04:50:57 GMT, the person
known to the court as SMS made a statement
in Your Honour's bundle) to
the following effect:

once again you snipped the call for
evidence without actually providing any! I see a pattern emerging

The evidence is in the same places that I've pointed to on numerous
occasions. I'm sure you're smart enough to look at the previous threads
on the subject and find it.

I was a participant in those threads. My recollection is that you
reacted to the repeated calls for evidence by killfiling me and Frank.
I've reviewed at least one of those threads, and can't find any
externally verifiable evidence from you to back your assertions.

Since I can neither remember or find the evidence you claim you
posted, I am sure it will be no problem for you to post it again.

Not that any amount of evidence has ever convinced you of anything in
the past.

Once again you falsely accuse others of your own worst faults.
Specifically in the case of helmets, I used to be an enthusiastic
helmet promoter until I discovered the contradictory and confusing
nature of the evidence. So that's one example where the evidence
convinced me.

As ever, your zealotry causes you to see all agnostics as atheists.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old August 20th 05, 01:25 PM
SMS

Steven Bornfeld wrote:

Ad hom noted. I hope you are willing to work on making helmets more
effective, rather than insulting the intelligence of survivors of head
injury fatalities.

Huh? Where did they bury the survivors of these fatalities?