LA seen motorpacing in Austin

Old August 27th 03, 08:07 PM
Tom Paterson

Default LA seen motorpacing in Austin

From: (Tom Arsenault)

In another light; who cares if Lance is motorpacing or was seen
motorpacing??

Jan?

Old August 27th 03, 11:58 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Tom Arsenault" wrote in message

In another light; who cares if Lance is motorpacing or was seen

motorpacing??

Evidently you, for starters.

Old August 28th 03, 01:21 AM
smiles

"Andrew Martin" wrote in message
om...
There is NO WAY that carmichael has his working on hi-end speed work
this time of year for the tour next year. If it was up to Chris -
lance would be doing no intensity this year to prepare for next years
tour.

Why not?? You build up a base in SPEED and carry that speed base into your
endurance and traditional base building, train at a higher speed during this
period, you come out with more speed and in theory you would peak at a
higher average speed. I think it's logical ...

http://boardnbike.com

Old August 28th 03, 01:11 PM
smiles

"warren" wrote in message
Great, but many of the top coaches would suggest that anerobic training
will inhibit the aerobic training you need to do during the fall and
winter. Add the anerobic stuff after a few months of aerobic only.

Lance was probably just doing a little speed work once or twice a week
to maintain most of his fitness before his little ride in SF.

True, but if you are doing your aerobic training at say 1 to 2 mph higher
than last year ... that's not better?? As far as i see it's still summer ...
speed training does inhibit the aerobic base phase, but he is not in that
part ...

Old August 28th 03, 08:44 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message
nk.net...
"DanSchmatz" wrote in message
As we are all just suckers and Lance is a World and Tour champion I bet

he
knows what he is doing.

Or else he's totally clueless, and just kicks all our collective asses
because of better genetics.

Andy ("extremist") Coggan

No one's genetics are that good.

Old August 28th 03, 09:59 PM
Crank Yanker

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message ink.net...
"DanSchmatz" wrote in message
As we are all just suckers and Lance is a World and Tour champion I bet he
knows what he is doing.

Or else he's totally clueless, and just kicks all our collective asses
because of better genetics.

Andy ("extremist") Coggan

No, no when he was 16 and kicking all the local elite's asses it was
because he already had his training dialed in! I would guess that
once you're following any kind of standard endurance training program
for more than a couple years that differences between any two rider's
performance are about 80% talent (genetics/development, whatever), 10%
how long you've been at it, and about 10% differences in training/race
preparation.

I've read that Mary Decker-Slaney (sp?) ran a sub-5 minute mile the
very first time she ever ran a mile in middle-school gym class with
absolutely no training.
Old August 29th 03, 04:19 AM
Bikerecker

Rumor is he was following a Ferrari.

yeah, but what kind of draft can one get from a Ferrari? They supposedly don't
offer much assistance.

Man that was weak.
Greg
Old August 29th 03, 03:11 PM
Dan

warren wrote in message ...

Great, but many of the top coaches would suggest that anerobic training
will inhibit the aerobic training you need to do during the fall and
winter. Add the anerobic stuff after a few months of aerobic only.

Lance was probably just doing a little speed work once or twice a week
to maintain most of his fitness before his little ride in SF.

-WG

Motorpacing doesn't have to be anaerobic though.

Wouldn't it be great to have the money to pay someone to get rid of
the headwind for you when you're doing your long winter miles?