LA seen motorpacing in Austin

Old August 29th 03, 04:48 PM
warren

Default LA seen motorpacing in Austin

In article , Dan
wrote:

warren wrote in message

Great, but many of the top coaches would suggest that anerobic training
will inhibit the aerobic training you need to do during the fall and
winter. Add the anerobic stuff after a few months of aerobic only.

Lance was probably just doing a little speed work once or twice a week
to maintain most of his fitness before his little ride in SF.

-WG

Motorpacing doesn't have to be anaerobic though.

Read more carefully and don't clip what I was replying to.

Wouldn't it be great to have the money to pay someone to get rid of
the headwind for you when you're doing your long winter miles?

And what purpose would that serve? Do you understand power output and
"training with power"?

-WG
Old August 29th 03, 04:53 PM
warren

In article , smiles
wrote:

"Andrew Martin" wrote in message
m...
Why not?? You build up a base in SPEED and carry that speed base into

your
endurance and traditional base building, train at a higher speed during

this
period, you come out with more speed and in theory you would peak at a
higher average speed. I think it's logical ...

http://boardnbike.com

um...no.

Any how many tours have you won .. i mean books on this subject have you
read??

My previous answer explained why you're wrong, and the guy who told me
what I told you has trained some of the best pros in the world. I hope
that's good enough for you.

-WG
Old August 29th 03, 06:22 PM
Nick Burns

"warren" wrote in message

And what purpose would that serve?

I agree that it would seem pointless to motorpace for any reason other than
speed work. I have no doubt that is what Lance had in mind. However, I have
heard of groups is extremely cold conditions that "motorpace" behind a van
or station wagon in order to reduce the wind chill effect. It seems to me
that I have heard of them doing that at the OTC during the winter some years
ago. These days, you can fix that problem with some of the excellent cold
weather gear but 20 years ago the winter apparel was not nearly as
effective.

Old August 29th 03, 07:35 PM
Kyle Legate

DanSchmatz wrote:

He was in a hurry home to take a dump and the scooter was a
convenient way to get there quicker.

If he had his training so dialed in he'd know hiw body well enough to plan
his workout around his dumps...unless he's been hitting the Mexican food
lately (how much does a burrito weigh, Lance?)

I thought those pros could dump by the side of the road, too. Some don't
even bother pulling over (ahem, Greg Lemond).

Old August 30th 03, 03:27 AM
Greg Hall

"Kyle Legate" wrote in message ws.com...
Some don't even bother pulling over (ahem, Greg Lemond).

I seem to recall a former Euro-Pro referring to such an on bike
manuever as a '3 cap crap' or something to that effect. One cap to
catch and two to wipe.

Greg 'fan of potty humor' Hall
Old August 30th 03, 03:19 PM

The next article would be:

LA seen eating in a restaurant!

Everyone has to live somewhere... Everyone (who rides) has to train
somewhere too..

NS (the anti-groupie)

Old August 30th 03, 06:45 PM
Tom Paterson

From: "NS"

The next article would be:

LA seen eating in a restaurant!

go to alt.texmex.pro for that thread, OT here. What's an "NS"? --Tom
Paterson

Old August 30th 03, 10:10 PM
Richard Adams

From: "NS"

The next article would be:

LA seen eating in a restaurant!

go to alt.texmex.pro for that thread, OT here. What's an "NS"? --Tom
Paterson

Or alt.beer for those deep discussions on the virtues of Shiner Bock and
carbo loading.

Old August 31st 03, 11:02 PM
smiles

"warren" wrote in message
Any how many tours have you won .. i mean books on this subject have you
read??

My previous answer explained why you're wrong, and the guy who told me
what I told you has trained some of the best pros in the world. I hope
that's good enough for you.

review the thread ... wasn't talking to you ... short idiotic answers from
AM was what i was addressing ... ;-)