Another OAP mown down by a cyclist on the pavement

Old September 22nd 11, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Another OAP mown down by a cyclist on the pavement

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life, and often
leads to death.
The cyclist slunk off without giving his details.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...nsioner_s_hip/

Old September 22nd 11, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 22/09/2011 08:27, Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life, and often
leads to death.
The cyclist slunk off without giving his details.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...nsioner_s_hip/

QUOTE:
Police are appealing for information and said the cyclist was in his early
20s and of average build with short dark hair. He wore dark clothing.

PC Martin Vaughan of Dorset Police said: “The victim has sustained very
serious injuries and it is vital that I speak to him.”
ENDQUOTE

I suppose it never hurts to be optimistic, but there's about as much chance
of that cyclist yob coming forward and being accountable for his crimes as
there is of other cyclists here condemning him. Perhaps even less.
Old September 22nd 11, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 22/09/2011 08:27, Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life, and often
leads to death.
The cyclist slunk off without giving his details.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...nsioner_s_hip/

Incidentally, the article is followed by the now-usual avalanche of reader
comment, including a few from people who (unbelievably) support the cyclist
criminal and object to the story even having been published (presumably in
case it adds to the pressure for this nasty crime to be properly prioritised
by the police and the courts).

This, for instance:

QUOTE:

Can the journalist who posted this article put their name against it please.
This has been placed on here for inflammatory purposes and to open the
floodgates.
YES - the ACCIDENT was wrong and the person on the bike was riding illegally.
I feel sorry for the lady in question and I hope you make a speedy recovery.
However - is the ECHO going to start posting on every accident that happens
within the area? That will surely fill the pages.
This type of shoddy journalism will only allow all the bigots to tar all..
ENDQUOTE

You couldn't make it up, could you?

"Bigots tar[ring] all" apparently means calling for cyclists to be
responsible citizens, make a bit of a start on obeying the law and stop
threatening the lives of pedestrians, particularly the more vulnerable of us.

Fat chance.

Old September 22nd 11, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life,
and often leads to death. The cyclist slunk off without giving his
details.

The cyclist in this case is a moron, a ****witted moron and should be
made to pay for his crime and for his victims rehabilitation.

On a secondary note, and perhaps it's labouring a point, but maybe
there should be laws against cycling on the path .. oh, there are.

TBH you keep posting these when every day I could post far more of the
times when drivers run down cyclists on the roads. I refrain from
doing so because it adds nothing to the argument.

--
Paul - xxx
Old September 22nd 11, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

JNugent wrote:

On 22/09/2011 08:27, Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life,
and often leads to death.
The cyclist slunk off without giving his details.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...nsioner_s_hip/

QUOTE:
Police are appealing for information and said the cyclist was in his
early 20s and of average build with short dark hair. He wore dark
clothing.

PC Martin Vaughan of Dorset Police said: “The victim has sustained
very serious injuries and it is vital that I speak to him.” ENDQUOTE

I suppose it never hurts to be optimistic, but there's about as much
chance of that cyclist yob coming forward and being accountable for
his crimes as there is of other cyclists here condemning him. Perhaps
even less.

I think you're wrong, at least on one point ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old September 22nd 11, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...cyclist_breaks...

QUOTE:
Police are appealing for information and said the cyclist was in his early
20s and of average build with short dark hair. He wore dark clothing.

PC Martin Vaughan of Dorset Police said: The victim has sustained very
serious injuries and it is vital that I speak to him.
ENDQUOTE

I suppose it never hurts to be optimistic, but there's about as much chance
of that cyclist yob coming forward and being accountable for his crimes as
there is of other cyclists here condemning him. Perhaps even less.

You might also check whether the other cyclists have stopped beating
their wives yet, while you are about it.
Old September 22nd 11, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Sep 22, 8:53*am, JNugent wrote:
[...]

I'm not going to accuse you of early imbibing. I think that you tied
one on last night, and now you are regretting it a bit. I don't
believe in the hair of the dog, but walking it might help.
Old September 22nd 11, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Sep 22, 9:46*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life,
and often leads to death. *The cyclist slunk off without giving his
details.

The cyclist in this case is a moron, a ****witted moron and should be
made to pay for his crime and for his victims rehabilitation.

On a secondary note, and perhaps it's labouring a point, but maybe
there should be laws against cycling on the path .. oh, there are.

TBH you keep posting these when every day I could post far more of the
times when drivers run down cyclists on the roads. *I refrain from
doing so because it adds nothing to the argument.

I'm happy to add nothing to the argument.
Old September 22nd 11, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Scion

Paul - xxx wrote:

Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life,
and often leads to death. The cyclist slunk off without giving his
details.

The cyclist in this case is a moron, a ****witted moron and should be
made to pay for his crime and for his victims rehabilitation.

On a secondary note, and perhaps it's labouring a point, but maybe
there should be laws against cycling on the path .. oh, there are.

TBH you keep posting these when every day I could post far more of the
times when drivers run down cyclists on the roads. I refrain from
doing so because it adds nothing to the argument.

Anyway, that position is filled
Old September 22nd 11, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Paul - xxx wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life,
and often leads to death. The cyclist slunk off without giving his
details.

The cyclist in this case is a moron, a ****witted moron and should be
made to pay for his crime and for his victims rehabilitation.

On a secondary note, and perhaps it's labouring a point, but maybe
there should be laws against cycling on the path .. oh, there are.

TBH you keep posting these when every day I could post far more of the
times when drivers run down cyclists on the roads. I refrain from
doing so because it adds nothing to the argument.

Can you post any incidents of motorists deliberately driving on the pavement
and mowing down cyclists?