Weighty matters

Old August 16th 20, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Weighty matters

According to the bathroom scales, my jersey weighs only a pound. It
hefted like more than that. (My keys, etc. were in the pockets.)

Then I weighed my wallet: two and a half pounds. I thought I was
overstating it when I said that I carry a pound of coins!

But of course it weighs more now that I can't get dollar bills and do
have a pint of quarters.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Old August 16th 20, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 22:53:51 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

According to the bathroom scales, my jersey weighs only a pound. It
hefted like more than that. (My keys, etc. were in the pockets.)

Then I weighed my wallet: two and a half pounds. I thought I was
overstating it when I said that I carry a pound of coins!

But of course it weighs more now that I can't get dollar bills and do
have a pint of quarters.

Over here it is different. We used to have prices in single "baht"
and/or fractions there of. Like 1 baht 50, and one had to carry
coins. Now with all the "progress" here prices are now in multiply
bahts and what used to cost 1 baht 50 stang (coins) now cost 20 baht
and we can use paper money :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.

Weighty matters [email protected] Techniques 16 July 14th 08 09:15 PM
Weighty matters Ryan Cousineau Racing 0 July 14th 08 07:30 AM
size matters. howdigetsogood Unicycling 10 February 3rd 07 04:14 AM
Size Matters? Twilite Unicycling 10 September 4th 05 04:56 PM
weighty question Leonard & Peggy Brown General 11 March 18th 05 05:06 AM