Snowboard world champion Mike Jacoby recovering from bikeaccident

Old July 13th 10, 03:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Opus[_2_]

Default Snowboard world champion Mike Jacoby recovering from bikeaccident

On Jul 12, 11:52*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
http://www.theskichannel.com/news/sk...board-world-ch...

Snowboard world champion Mike Jacoby recovering from bike accident

Two-time FIS World Champion snowboarder (1996 and 1997) and snowboard
pioneer Mike Jacoby suffered a head injury and broken jaw while
mountain biking this past Friday in Hood River, OR.

He was found unconscious and was flown to Oregon Health & Science
University in Portand, OR. Officials list Jacoby in serious condition.

Jacoby was a member of the inaugural Olympic Snowboard team in 1998,
where he competed in Giant Slalom at the games held in Nagano, Japan.

Anybody know where Mikey was when this happened?

Just as a note of interest, but this is why I wear a full face helmet
when I ride, even on the road. I had my face sewn back on in 2001 and
that's an experience best "enjoyed" only once.