Changing seasons

Old November 11th 03, 06:49 AM
MattB

Default Changing seasons

I took a couple of rides over the weekend on the trails that start less
than a Mile from the house. The first was Saturday with the Mrs. We rode the
Epics and had a nice, leisurely time while the baby hung with his aunt and
cousins.
Then Sunday I rode to the same area but went out on a bigger loop with
my bro on the SS's. It was good. We rode everything but this one steep pitch
that I always have to granny up. There were a couple of patches of snow in
the trees on the north side of Signal Mesa, but nothing significant.
The trails were in nice shape from recent moisture. Here's a photo we
snapped on the Saturday ride looking North.
http://mattb.net/images/fall-winter_...lley%206x8.jpg (and Mrs. B's
new ride)
It snowed and rained (depending on elevation) all night Sunday night and
through the day Monday, so the riding is definitely getting to be lower
elevation. I bet we can still get up to 9k without too much trouble, but
probably nothing beyond that for a while. That line gets a little lower
every few days.
I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps snowing I
just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

--

Matt

"Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

Old November 11th 03, 07:09 AM
Sorni

"MattB" wrote in message

http://mattb.net/images/fall-winter_...lley%206x8.jpg (and Mrs.

B's
new ride)

Well, if you HAD to show the bike instead of Mrs. B... Nice frame

Bill "so is your op arthro or incised?" S.

Old November 11th 03, 04:24 PM
MattB

"Sorni" wrote in message

"MattB" wrote in message

http://mattb.net/images/fall-winter_...lley%206x8.jpg (and Mrs.

B's
new ride)

Well, if you HAD to show the bike instead of Mrs. B... Nice frame

Sorry Bill. Maybe next time. She IS looking particularly hot lately.
The bike is pretty too!

Bill "so is your op arthro or incised?" S.

Arthroscopic. At least I have that going for me.
Well, that and the hot wife. And the cute baby. And a few other things.

Matt (warming up for Thanksgiving)

Old November 11th 03, 05:20 PM
Craig Brossman

MattB wrote:

I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps snowing I
just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

I jst talked to a friend downtown who said Wolf Creek is is great shape,
with 80% open already.
Isn't today local appreciation day

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Old November 11th 03, 05:38 PM
JD

"MattB" wrote in message ...
I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps snowing I
just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

It's way wet here, most stuff being unrideable. Damn the Morrison
formation! It's time for a little trail work and a lot of riding
little-know routes that were soft sand until the rain arrived.

JD Wetstern Colorado
Old November 11th 03, 05:39 PM
Sorni

"MattB" wrote in message
"Sorni" wrote in message

Bill "so is your op arthro or incised?" S.

Arthroscopic. At least I have that going for me.

Shouldn't be too bad at all then. Very stiff and sore for a few days, then
gradually better. (Depends, of course, on what they find/repair. Had
arthroscopic for an impingement back in the mid '90s; then in '01 they found
a terribly torn rotator cuff and had to pull the scopes and start cuttin'.
BIG difference in recovery time and pain level.)

Good luck, Matt!

Bill "free pass to use drugs (for a set amount of time only, of course "
S.

Old November 11th 03, 05:40 PM
MattB

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"MattB" wrote in message

I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps snowing

just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

It's way wet here, most stuff being unrideable. Damn the Morrison
formation! It's time for a little trail work and a lot of riding
little-know routes that were soft sand until the rain arrived.

JD Wetstern Colorado

Hartman's will be perfect if the weather is acceptable. Most days lately
have been at about 50 F which is great for riding. That's my plan if I don't
go skiing.

Matt

Old November 11th 03, 05:45 PM
Penny S

JD's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
"MattB" wrote in message
I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps
snowing I just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

It's way wet here, most stuff being unrideable. Damn the Morrison
formation! It's time for a little trail work and a lot of riding
little-know routes that were soft sand until the rain arrived.

JD Wetstern Colorado

I suppose the hardcores are riding outside right now, but not me.This time
of year is tough - no snow yet, weather is something like 35 degree drizzle.

So I've returned to the gym; weights and spinning.

Highlight of last weekend: getting my open water dive certification in Hood
Canal, 46 degree water, 5 dives. Starfish, crabs, anemones and lots of
fish.

I think I will re do my cables and housings this weekend, and make the last
payment on my new Rossi B2's so they will mount the binding for me.

penny s

Old November 11th 03, 05:54 PM
MattB

"Craig Brossman" wrote in message
et...
MattB wrote:

I've got one more weekend before I get cut into. If it keeps snowing

just might have to go ski Wolf Creek instead of ride...

I jst talked to a friend downtown who said Wolf Creek is is great shape,
with 80% open already.
Isn't today local appreciation day

It's tomorrow. I can't go until the weekend, so I'll be paying full price.
There was a time I NEVER paid full price to ski, if at all. One reason I
miss working at a ski area. Good thing there's many more reasons it's better
that I'm not working at a ski area.

Matt

Old November 11th 03, 06:57 PM
tcmedara

"Sorni" wrote in message
"MattB" wrote in message
"Sorni" wrote in message

Bill "so is your op arthro or incised?" S.

Arthroscopic. At least I have that going for me.

Shouldn't be too bad at all then. Very stiff and sore for a few days,

then
gradually better. (Depends, of course, on what they find/repair. Had
arthroscopic for an impingement back in the mid '90s; then in '01 they

found
a terribly torn rotator cuff and had to pull the scopes and start cuttin'.
BIG difference in recovery time and pain level.)

Good luck, Matt!

Bill "free pass to use drugs (for a set amount of time only, of course "
S.

I'm scheduled to get 'scoped in February for a SLAP tear and various other
shoulder maladies. Hopefully they won't have to dig for more. The doc is
saying up to six months for recovery. This bums me out in a very large way.

How long was it until you were back on the bike?