Fall is falling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3rd 19, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Fall is falling

Saturday, 2 November 2019

We had a snowstorm the day before yesterday. I woke up to clear roads
on Friday, but I saw some snow caught in dry leaves on lawns on 250 S.

Speaking of leaves, I also woke up to a yellow lawn -- the storm
stripped our maple tree.

Roads clear, the day predicted to be sunny and dry, I prepared for a
ride that turned out a bit longer than the one I planned. (After a
bit, I started dragging the map out at frequent intervals.)

I'd packed the bike on Thursday night, my spouse all the while saying
"I think you're crazy." I dressed, ate breakfast, put fresh water in
my bottles, checked my mail, put on my jersey, filled the pockets, and
went out to the garage. I selected my thicker pair of gloves, started
to put my do-rag on, then realized that it was so cold that I ought to
wear a scarf instead. I looked around for a place to put the do-rag
-- I always hang it on my brake cable, but that wouldn't do while I'm
riding. Duh! Put it in the laundry hamper -- There will be more days
when I could wear it, but there won't be more days when I'd mind
having a scarf wrapped around my neck. It's time to put it away for
the winter.

It joined my black knickers, which I'd found a few days before while
pawing through the tights, jeans, etc. on hooks at the front of the
closet. I won't be wearing those again before spring.

Yesterday was also the first time I wore two pairs of fluffy socks.
(I've been wearing ragg socks for several weeks.)

But my windbreaker is still at the back of the closet, and my wool
overjersey is still in the coat closet.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Look pedals falling apart Duane[_3_] Techniques 35 August 5th 17 04:27 PM
Anyone Falling For It? Nuxx Bar UK 0 February 23rd 09 12:12 AM
Not falling over on ice innes Unicycling 8 January 1st 06 06:17 PM
SPDs and falling off! Keith Midgley UK 29 October 16th 05 07:57 PM
KH seat falling apart pete66 Unicycling 3 August 3rd 04 06:39 PM