Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old July 28th 11, 07:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 24, 9:55*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 1:43 pm, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/22/2011 4:05 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

I know it is more expensive than regular grown food. Billions of people
would starve to death if they had to depend on organic grown food.[....]

Wrong again. The so called "green revolution" of introducing
herbicide/pesticide intensive mono-crop agriculture into the developing
nations has been a disaster for both food production and the livelihood
of farmers. Diverse organic farming produces *more* food per acre than
industrial farming.

However, the multinational agribusinesses and their banking backers have
made out like bandits at the expense of the proletariat.
Ed wants to talk about the expense of food? *Has the oracle of

Minnesota ever taken into consideration the rise in the cost of
health care that has been directly attributed to food laced with
herbicides, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, etc. *The thing is it
has never been a requirement for Ed to know what he is talking about
before running his mouth, spewing errant, unsubstantiated opinions.
Tis the nature of troglodyte troll.

The cost of organically grown foods at the supermarket is beyond the means
of the average consumer. Only upper middle class types can afford it.

You missed or deliberately ignore my point regarding foods (some
genetically modified) laced with herbicides, pesticides, hormones,
antibiotics contributing to ever increasing health care costs. What
with insurance premiums, deductibles, co-pays, etc., out of pocket
heath care costs are beyond the means for many of us.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 28th 11, 07:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Jul 24, 10:04*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 1:36 pm, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/20/2011 11:41 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Nope, they are all basically the same. Meat is meat! If food is not
safe,
the FDA will not allow it on the market.[...]

Mr. Ed Dolan's confidence in the FDA is unwarranted by facts.
You think? *;^) *Don't use that word (FACT) around Ed. *He despises

facts. *Just ask him. *He is all bout opinion no matter how errant and
uncorroborated it is. *Now thats a FACT!

The FACT is that these newsgroups are all about opinions and nothing else..

In your errant opinion state as FAT. You never have been able to
comprehend the purpose of a newsgroup and you own that to you
grateness.

It is part of My Greatness that I realize that and part of Tom Sherman's
nerdiness that he doesn't. His facts have all been filtered via far left
wing crackpotism. They are not even worth reading, let alone responding to.

[...]
I am planning to die of cardiovascular disease myself. In fact, I will
be
highly chagrined if cancer gets me first.

Or you could suffer a case of terminal pigheadedness.
I hear you, but unfortunately the rest of us suffer because of Ed's

terminal pigheadedness.

I can be persuaded to change my mind, but not by ideologues like Tom
Sherman.

You can be persuaded to change you mind. Thatks for a good laugh. I
needed that.

Old July 28th 11, 08:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 9:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Neither one of you do it well, which tells me that I am still an enigma to
both of you. Jim McNamara is repetitive to a fault and is basically one
long
whine and Tom Sherman is always an aside, if not a side issue altogether.
Very strange that no one has ever been able to directly confront me on
anything which bothers me in the slightest. It must be because I am a
slippery customer indeed.

Stranger still is your inability to recognize the many who have

confronted you many times. Delluson is such a comfort. Just ask Head
swollen Ed Dolan. The Queen of Denial,

You have got your genders confused. I am a King.

Glad I was able to straighten you out on that!

Old July 28th 11, 08:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 9:51 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Yes, the subtlety does indeed escape me. It is an alternative to
conventional medical practice and treatment. As long as you are not
relying
on it to the exclusion of what is KNOWN, I suppose it will not do any
harm.
But it is not KNOWN that it will do any good either.
[...]

Some of the supplemetns I take have proved their worth in clincal

trials, so they are kow to be of benefit.

Clinical trials are pretty worthless too. A double blind scientific study on
a large scale is just about the only way to prove something.

Old July 28th 11, 08:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 9:55 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
The cost of organically grown foods at the supermarket is beyond the means
of the average consumer. Only upper middle class types can afford it.

You missed or deliberately ignore my point regarding foods (some

genetically modified) laced with herbicides, pesticides, hormones,
antibiotics contributing to ever increasing health care costs. What
with insurance premiums, deductibles, co-pays, etc., out of pocket
heath care costs are beyond the means for many of us.

Health care costs are outrageously expensive. The Damn Dems (Obama Care)
never know how to fix anything. America badly needs a single payer system
like they have in Canada and the UK. However, some folks still believe that
health care is NOT a right!

The FDA determines whether foods are safe or not, not food cranks who write
for magazines like Prevention.

Old July 28th 11, 08:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]
You never have been able to

comprehend the purpose of a newsgroup and you own that to you
grateness.

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in fact.
In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.

Old July 29th 11, 05:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Jul 28, 2:33*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...] *You never have been able to

comprehend the purpose of a newsgroup and you owe that to your
grateness.

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in fact.

The purpose of a newsgroup does exist in fact, It is just that trolls
like you invest a newsgroup, make it their cyber-playpen and evenso
bold as to erroneously state that fun and games is i the sole purpose
of a newsgroup. Sound familiar?

In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.

Well a moderator would at least corral the likes of your ilk. that;s
a given

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.

So you say. Even if this were true, and that is up for debate, you
take pride in that which in the greater scheme of things means so very
little, really.

Old July 29th 11, 06:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Jul 28, 2:16*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 24, 9:51 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Yes, the subtlety does indeed escape me. It is an alternative to
conventional medical practice and treatment. As long as you are not
relying
on it to the exclusion of what is KNOWN, I suppose it will not do any
harm.
But it is not KNOWN that it will do any good either.
[...]

There is a huge big difference between complimentary holistic approach
to conventional health care and reliance solely upon alternative
treatment and the distinction is none to subtle.

Some of the supplements I take have proved their worth in clinical

trials, so they are known to be of benefit.

Clinical trials are pretty worthless too. A double blind scientific study on
a large scale is just about the only way to prove something.

Obviously, the larger the test base, the more valid the data, but at
least some testing is being done in a controlled scientific clinicall
trials without which many of the drugs that we now have would not be
available.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesotant

Old July 29th 11, 07:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...] *You never have been able to

comprehend the purpose of a newsgroup and you own that to you
grateness.

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in fact.

Newsgroups exist in fact, but trolls of you ilk use the newsgroup as
their cyber playpen with intent to undermine the purpose of a
newsgroup with what they assert is the real purpose ... "fun and
games". Sound familiar?

In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.

You would last long in a moderated forum.

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.

So you say a comfortable distance from behind a monitor and keyboard.

Old July 29th 11, 07:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Jul 28, 2:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

This nonsensical assertion should come as no surprise. After all,
this is from the very same uniformed person who asserts that meat is
meat failing to recognize that white meat is different from red, that
free range organically raised livestock is different from livestock
fed genetically modified feed laced with herbicides and pesticides,
that livstock shot injected with hormones and antibiotics are the same
as livestock that is not. There was a time when cattle were injected
with clenbuteriol and were fed newspaper and concrete powder to fatten
them up, but hey meat is meat because dunderhead Dolan says so; and,
as he is quick to point out, facts are irrelevant since Ed is about
opinion. Opinions not based on fact is virtually worthless. Many of
Dolan's opinions are not based on fact. From this one can conclude
that many of Dolan's opinions are worthless.

Ed has this habit of seizing every opportunity to run his mouth and
embarrass himself. Familiarization with the subject matter at hand
has never been a requirement for Ed to render an opinion. Let's have
a look at Ed's beloved FDA shall we?

The FDA sets compliance guidelines limiting the amount of contaminants
in food, but allows a percentage of mold, parasites, rodent hairs,
animal droppings (feces), insect droppings (feces), insect parts,
insect eggs maggots, whole insects, sand and grit, sticks and stones,
and even cigarette butts. A small percent Ed might counter. Well,
think again. A University of Ohio fact study estimates that on
average a person consumes from one to two pounds of insects each year,
without even knowing it.

So much for the FDA and Food, but what about drugs, Ed might say?

Well, Fen Phen, Redux, Seldane, Posicor, Duract, Hismanal, Rezulin,
Propulsid, Lotronex, Raplon, Baycol, and Raxar are the so-called dirty
dozen drugs that the FDA pulled from the market from 1997 to 2001
because they caused a whole bunch of problems, all of which had
lawsuits attached to them. In some cases, these medicines were on the
market for over twenty years, which seems way to long after known
health adverse reactions occurred. Some of these adverse reactions
only took months to get the medicines removed.

The there are thoss drugs that the FDA dragged their feet on causing
many unnecessary premature deaths.

By the time FDA approved Gleevec in March 2003, approximately 3,600
patients had been denied access to the drug. Many died waiting. More
than 80% of the small number of patients who got Gleevec in clinical
trials before the drug was approved are alive today.

Eloxatin, for advanced colorectal cancer, was summarily rejected by
the FDA in March 2000 despite its being approved in at least 29 other
countries. The FDA delayed approval until August. In between, about
40,000 Americans died without ever getting the drug.

Erbitux, for the treatment of colorectal and head and neck cancers,
was rejected by FDA n December 2001. The FDA delayed approval until
February 2004. Almost 179,000 people with colorectal and head and neck
cancer died waiting.

Patients had to wait until December 2005 for FDA approval. Nearly
74,000 patients with these terminal cancers died without ever getting
Revlimid.

in June 2004, we started pushing the FDA to make Nexavar and Sutent,
both highly promising drugs for kidney cancer, available. The agency
eventually approved Nexavar in December 2005 and Sutent in January
2006. But that was only after evidence of efficacy so compelling
emerged for Nexavar that the trial demanded by the FDA -- in which
dying kidney cancer patients seeking the drug were being given no
other choice (except certain death from their cancer) but to agree to
a 50/50 chance of being blindly randomized to a sugar pill -- was
stopped by Bayer for ethical reasons and the placebo patients allowed
to get the drug. The sponsor seeking approval for Sutent was given a
similar option by FDA if it wanted its drug approved. About 20,000
kidney cancer patients died waiting for both drugs.

After a three year delay,, the FDA approved the drug in November 2004.
In the interim, 531,000 people with lung cancer died. Tarceva also
extends the effectiveness of an existing drug for pancreatic cancer,
and about 102,000 patients died from that disease during the FDA's
delay.

FDA a two year delay, the FDAfinally approved this obviously effective
cancer drug in February 2004. It is now approved for colorectal and
lung cancers, and being successfully used off label for several more.
Almost 360,000 patients with lung and colon cancer died without ever
getting Avastin.

After a two year delay,the FDA approved Alimta for lung cancer
patients. n the interim, approximately 249,000 lung cancer patients
died without the chance of trying this drug to see if it would control
their disease or extend their life.

After a two year delay, the FDA approved Tykerb for breast cancer.
About 25% of breast cancers include the biomarker predictive of
benefit from Tykerb; nearly 28,000 women who had this marker died from
their cancer waiting for Tykerb. They would, according to the FDA,
have each lived an average of eight months longer.

The American Cancer Society reports that some 550,000 cancer patients
die annually, making the number of cancer deaths from 1997 to 2005
about 4.8 million. Over that same period, the FDA reports granting
individual access to an investigational drug to not more than 650
people per year for all diseases and drugs -- a pathetic, even cruel,
pittance. A few thousand more patients managed to gain access by
enrolling in relatively small clinical trials.

Unlike Ed, I don't state opinions as though they were facts. Unlike
Ed, I corroborate my statements. When I argue, I cite facts and I
have cited enough facts above to indicate that Ed's faith in the FDA
is questionable.

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM