clothes

Old November 28th 04, 03:30 PM
Sachmo

Default clothes

Hey all,

Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

Thanks,
Sachmo

Old November 28th 04, 03:52 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Sachmo wrote:
Hey all,

Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

More.

Old November 28th 04, 06:22 PM
D T W .../\\...

http://www.icebike.com

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted

Old November 28th 04, 08:11 PM
arlo

"Sachmo" wrote in news:newscache$81bw7i$knj$1
@news.actcom.co.il:

Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

Layers and a liner under my helmet.
Old November 28th 04, 09:56 PM
Michael Dart

Sachmo wrote:
Hey all,

Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

If you're just chilly at the trail head you're good for the ride. Pack a
light jacket (shell) if you have a mechanical on the ride.

Cotton is bad. Synthetic wicking fabric or wool is best.

Mike

Old November 28th 04, 11:22 PM
Doki

Sachmo wrote:
Hey all,

Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

Thanks,
Sachmo

Howies drywool baselayer, normal jersey. If it's properly cold (for England,
that means around 0C or 32F), then my waterproof shell goes over the top to
keep the wind out, and I wear a balaclava that I pull down round my neck if
I get too hot, and pull back up if I'm getting cold. And as it's England,
waterproof trousers are handy.

Old November 29th 04, 12:49 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

Define "cold".
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 29th 04, 01:59 AM
Slacker

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:49:08 GMT, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

RE/
Now, when its cold, what kind of clothes do you wear for a ride?

Define "cold".

Anything under 60ºF
--
Slacker - socal weather wuss
Old November 29th 04, 02:09 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
Define "cold".

Anything under 60?F

Under 40 I spend the nite coughing - to the detriment of my spouse's sleep - so
that's the lowest deal with.

For that:

- Liteweight hiking shoes (BMX flats...)
- Cotton cargo pants over riding shorts
- Poly pullover
- Gortex jacket (sometimes worn, sometimes carried around waist)
- Fleece gloves (sometimes worn, sometimes not)
- Lightweight balaclava (sometimes....)
- Head rag (sometimes...)
- Sweat rag stuffed under saddle between saddle and wedge. Keeps the nether
regions from getting too cold.

--
PeteCresswell