Vaughters

Old February 8th 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Default Vaughters

Henry wrote:
who was it who said "those who are unable to control their emotions
are destined to be controlled by those who can"

Scott wrote:
I believe the quote you're going for is "those who beat their swords
into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

Obligatory rbr wanking reference.
Old February 8th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ronko

In article ,
says...

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in

message
m...

That was predictable.

One of the things that tells you is that Vaughters isn't
losing sleep over being on LANCE's **** list.

Dumbass -

As a team, Garmin is pretty stupid with their smacktalking. It's unwise to
make too many enemies in the peloton - they can make you lose.

Last year, they had that feud with Columbia and prevented Hincapie

from
taking the yellow jersey. OK, perhaps that's understandable since

Cavendish
was running his mouth at the Giro. But now Garmin has David Millar

talking
smack about Wiggins and Vaughters taking shots at Armstrong. For what

end?

Very shortsighted and impulsive. Especially since Garmin the Corporation

is
going to see a big part of their core business drying up with GPS enabled
cellphones doing the work of a Garmin GPS unit for pennies on the

dollar.
Vaughters is gonna be looking for a sponsor. Making enemies in one's
profession (along with the potential decrease in results from others not
cooperating/working against you in the peloton) is generally bad karma.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Vaughters is a prick for taking the Yellow Jersey away from George. I
wouldn't have cost Columbia any time, there was nothing to gain except
spite. Riding in the Pelotan there has to be a lot of cooperation and mutual
understanding or everyone goes down. I'm sure outside the Peloton
amongst the directors there has to be something similiar. I'm not
suggesting colusion that won't let teams compete very aggresively, but
letting a respected rider like George at the end of his career take home
Jersey seems very appropriate and probalby enforsed by most. Except
Vaughters.

Old February 8th 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas

Ronko wrote:
Vaughters is a prick for taking the Yellow Jersey away from George. I
wouldn't have cost Columbia any time, there was nothing to gain except
spite. Riding in the Pelotan there has to be a lot of cooperation and mutual
understanding or everyone goes down. I'm sure outside the Peloton
amongst the directors there has to be something similiar. I'm not
suggesting colusion that won't let teams compete very aggresively, but
letting a respected rider like George at the end of his career take home
Jersey seems very appropriate and probalby enforsed by most. Except
Vaughters.

He must have really hurt you, bro'.
Merckx: "No presents."
Old February 8th 10, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Feb 8, 11:00*am, Ronko wrote:
[...]

This isn't grade school where everyone gets a smiley face for showing
up. You gotta earn it, or it has no worth. Giving Hincapie a yellow
jersey as a consolation prize would be insulting to him, in my book.
If Hincapie deserved a day in yellow, he should've ridden harder.
Old February 8th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

"A. Dumas" wrote in message
Ronko wrote:
Vaughters is a prick for taking the Yellow Jersey away from George. I
wouldn't have cost Columbia any time, there was nothing to gain except
spite. Riding in the Pelotan there has to be a lot of cooperation and
mutual understanding or everyone goes down. I'm sure outside the Peloton
amongst the directors there has to be something similiar. I'm not
suggesting colusion that won't let teams compete very aggresively, but
letting a respected rider like George at the end of his career take home
Jersey seems very appropriate and probalby enforsed by most. Except
Vaughters.

He must have really hurt you, bro'.
Merckx: "No presents."

Dumbass -

The situation isn't analogous to what Merckx was referring to. Merckx's line
was about never giving away a potential win.

Garmin wasn't going to win anything. They rode because they had a feud going
with Columbia. Columbia may have reaped what it sowed since Cav was talking
smack at the Giro, but Garmin's gone on to talk some smack since then that,
IMO, can't help them but can hurt them.

That's just my $0.02, take it for what it's worth (nothing).

Old February 9th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Scott wrote:

On Feb 8, 11:00*am, Ronko wrote:

Vaughters is a prick for taking the Yellow Jersey away from George. I
wouldn't have cost Columbia any time, there was nothing to gain except
spite. Riding in the Pelotan there has to be a lot of cooperation and mutual
understanding or everyone goes down. I'm sure outside the Peloton
amongst the directors there has to be something similiar. I'm not
suggesting colusion that won't let teams compete very aggresively, but
letting a respected rider like George at the end of his career take home
Jersey seems very appropriate and probalby enforsed by most. Except
Vaughters.

This isn't grade school where everyone gets a smiley face for showing
up. You gotta earn it, or it has no worth. Giving Hincapie a yellow
jersey as a consolation prize would be insulting to him, in my book.
If Hincapie deserved a day in yellow, he should've ridden harder.

As much as I have liked GH, I don't think he did what he had to that day to get
the yellow jersey. Maybe he couldn't ride any harder but he wasn't able to get the
group he was in to go any faster. And there was more than just Garmin riders involved
in the chase. His own team was right there too. You're right: consolation prize? No
way does the peloton give anyone that.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Vaughters says... DirtRoadie Racing 11 September 21st 09 09:59 AM
Vaughters defends... Nobody Racing 4 August 17th 09 02:03 PM
Kimmage on Vaughters commandotempo Racing 4 July 4th 08 06:13 AM
Hey Vaughters DA74 Racing 23 September 14th 06 08:43 PM
At least Vaughters gets it... [email protected] Racing 6 August 3rd 05 11:13 PM