Educational article

Old June 9th 13, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Educational article

Here's a good, educational article. I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. No hassles at all, as usual.

- Frank Krygowski
Old June 9th 13, 07:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

Frank Krygowski writes:

Here's a good, educational article. I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. No hassles at all, as usual.

Do you mean Lincoln Ave (40)? Through the downtown area the
posted speed limit varies between 25 and 35 mph.

--
Joe Riel
Old June 9th 13, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...80487%2C%20USA

6 or 40 ?

Old June 9th 13, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jun 8, 10:25 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Here's a good, educational article. I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

Just glanced at the article (scripts hung my browser), but what is the
solution? You don't like Monderman where controls are removed and
lanes are *narrowed* to make people figure out what to do for
themselves, and you don't like special facilities for bikes. You just
want bikes to be treated like cars. That's not going to happen. You
can't roll back the clock to horse-and-buggy and tophat days.

I like the idea of a combination of narrow, low traffic roads with
minimal controls, and separate facilities for roads with heavier,
faster traffic that requires more controls.

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. No hassles at all, as usual.

Sincerely glad you're "comfortable", and sincerely wish you a good and
happy time.
Old June 9th 13, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/9/2013 12:25 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Here's a good, educational article. I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. No hassles at all, as usual.

- Frank Krygowski

Steamboat Springs may or may not be typical at any given moment

http://sfist.com/2012/03/07/muni_bus...er_cyclist.php

'lane control' runs right up against physics sometimes

http://laist.com/2013/03/26/18-year-..._killed_by.php

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 9th 13, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Jun 8, 10:25*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Here's a good, educational article. *I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. *No hassles at all, as usual.

- Frank Krygowski

Yesterday, my son and I were controlling this road: http://tinyurl.com/p2zqmr8
This general area. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rowdey/5546034436
I have to gloat since it rains most of the time. But yesterday it was
really sunny,and I burned up my arms.

Today it was controlling various city streets with some friends. I'm
going to go in to the yard and control some bushes with my gas
trimmer. I intend to dominate my dinner tonight and maybe enslave the
television later on. Grrrr.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old June 10th 13, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:55:11 PM UTC-4, Jay Beattie wrote:
[...]

doahn froget waving behind cars around into a blind corner
Old June 10th 13, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 10/06/13 06:55, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jun 8, 10:25 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Here's a good, educational article. I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. No hassles at all, as usual.

Yesterday, my son and I were controlling this road: http://tinyurl.com/p2zqmr8
This general area. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rowdey/5546034436
I have to gloat since it rains most of the time. But yesterday it was
really sunny,and I burned up my arms.

Today it was controlling various city streets with some friends. I'm
going to go in to the yard and control some bushes with my gas
trimmer. I intend to dominate my dinner tonight and maybe enslave the
television later on. Grrrr.

Yesterday...

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclist-ki...609-2nxs8.html

--
JS
Old June 10th 13, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 6/9/2013 10:02 PM, James wrote:
[...]

Same thing here. The truck driver, bus driver, soccer mom or whoever is
driving the MV gets treated for shock. The cyclists usually fares worse.
Old June 14th 13, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Jun 9, 2:03*pm, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/9/2013 12:25 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Here's a good, educational article. *I won't be able to discuss it,
but it's worth reading:

http://iamtraffic.org/equality/the-m...of-bicyclists/

BTW ... just finished a nighttime ride in Steamboat Springs, CO. My
wife and I comfortably controlled the entire right lane on Main
Street. *No hassles at all, as usual.

- Frank Krygowski

Steamboat Springs may or may not be typical at any given moment

http://sfist.com/2012/03/07/muni_bus...er_cyclist.php

'lane control' runs right up against physics sometimes

http://laist.com/2013/03/26/18-year-..._killed_by.php

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Andrew, if you're going to disagree with the concept of lane control,
you should post articles showing a failure of lane control.

What you've posted was one where a cyclist rode "parallel to" a bus
and crashed due to riding into a streetcar track's slot. That's the
opposite of lane control. The other article was a kid riding
southbound, through an intersection into the path of a westbound bus.
That too is totally irrelevant.

The question, as usual, is this: If there's not room for a motorist
to safely pass a bicyclist, what should the cyclist do?

The answer is not "ride in the gutter" or "ride into a road hazard" so
the motorist suffers no delay at all. That attitude argues against
our right to the road.

- Frank Krygowski

Totally OT : Educational Standards - Maths. Derek G. UK 1 May 31st 11 07:43 PM
Article About Me musketman Unicycling 0 August 27th 06 03:57 PM
Cycling with a well-loaded bike - scaryish, educational, fun :-) Velvet UK 64 August 5th 04 03:52 PM
Muni is educational johnglazer Unicycling 5 May 25th 04 06:58 PM
FHM UK article... one wheeled stallion Unicycling 9 March 13th 04 09:07 PM