Jail Zuckerberg

Old February 27th 21, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Jail Zuckerberg

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 2:09:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:30:26 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
Perhaps fill in some detail on what you did at Diablo Research. Diablo
was allegedly purchased by Cadence Design Systems in Jan 1999
according to the link your provided:
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/diablo-research-co-llc
Yet, the Wikipedia entry for Cadence does not show the aquisition of
Diablo. What happened?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadence_Design_Systems#Acquisitions
The Jan 1999 date is probably wrong as announcements were released in
Nov 1999. Maybe include something about the RF/wireless design stuff
that Diablo was doing.
https://www.eetimes.com/cadence-to-buy-diablo-research-to-expand-design-services-in-wireless-arena/#
Seventeen-year-old Diablo is expected to complement
Cadence's services in such areas as Bluetooth and
HomeRF (radio-frequency) technology, as well as new
capabilities in telemetry, global-positioning satellite
(GPS) solutions, and personal wireless products.

Digging deeper, I find that Diablo was part of Tality at the time of
purchase. From the Cadence 2001 annual report:
https://www.cadence.com/content/dam/cadence-www/global/en_US/documents/company/investors/annual-reports/annual-report-01.pdf

Pg 36:
Acquired Intangibles Write-Offs
In reaction to the current decline in business conditions
generally and the wireless communications industry in particular,
Cadence restructured certain of its businesses and realigned
resources to focus on profit contribution, high-growth markets
and core opportunities. As a result, Cadence recorded a charge
of $25.8 million in 2001 related to the impairment of goodwill
and acquired intangibles associated with the acquisition of
Diablo (a part of Tality). Key factors in this write-off were
significant downsizing or reassignment of personnel directly
related to these assets and abandonment of most of Diablo's
line of business. The charge was determined as the amount by
which the carrying value of the intangible assets associated
with Diablo's acquisition exceeded the fair value of those
assets.

Pg 70:
Diablo Research Company LLC
In December 1999, Cadence acquired all of the outstanding
stock of Diablo Research Company LLC for $39.9 million in cash
in a transaction accounted for as a purchase. Diablo is a
high-technology engineering services company with expertise
in wireless communication, global positioning satellite
solutions and data transfer and home automation markets.
In connection with the acquisition, Cadence acquired intangibles
of $40.9 million, which are being amortized over three years.
In 2001, Cadence recorded a charge of $25.8 million related
to the impairment of acquired intangibles associated with
Diablo. See "Restructuring, Asset Impairment and Unusual
Items Ì Acquired Intangibles Write-Off."

In other words, Cadence bought Diablo for $39.9 million and maybe 1
year later takes a $25.8 million write-off on the purchase. Since the
economy was in bad shape in 2001, the write-off and layoffs are not
surprising.

I can see now why you left Cadence off the resume.

I just noticed another duplicate entry. You have Tality listed from
Mar 1997 to Dec 2001, as well as Diablo Research 1997 to 2001. Since
Tality owned Diablo, you should probably make these one job instead of
two.

While you're doing damage control, permit me to remind you for the 3rd
or 4th time to change "Windows XT" to "Windows XP" in the
BioElectroMed section. It may seem trivial but to a computah geek
like me, it's sacrilege.

Again, no need to thank me, although it is getting to be a bit of a
time burner researching your former employers.

I worked at many places that weren't on that resume. I had told you that my resume was shortened from 14 pages on the advice of several employment agencies and it would be edited to fit whatever job I was applying for. That seems to have escaped your rather dubious notice. Since that resume was lost to a virus and my memories jumbled from a concussion all I can assume is that your jealousy of accomplishment is all you have left in this world.
Old February 27th 21, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/27/2021 4:30 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Incidentally, your new resume looks much better but still could use
some cleanup:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012/

I'm glad Tom is still trying for a job. I wish him success in finally
finding one. He should be grateful for the help.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 27th 21, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:30:33 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 10:05:58 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

The major failing of the social media is that people with no experience
and no education believe that they have a right to an opinion as valid
as those that do have experience and education.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your
informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
- Harlan Ellison

I met Harlan Ellison in '75 or '76. He was friend of my English professor and would show up at our writing class now and then. He loved to argue and disabuse the young of their romantic ideals. A paraphrase from Harlan: "people care more about whether they had a good bowel movement than whether ten thousand people died in India." I didn't have much in the way of romantic ideals, so I just went along with him. He was quite a character.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 28th 21, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Tom, you need a better story.

First, I doubt a resume with a long string of two year jobs looks good
to any employer.

But any resume sent our department with gaps and inconsistencies would
almost certainly not get a second look. If by some miracle it did get a
second look, a story like "I'm brain damaged so I can't remember, and I
lost the records of most of my jobs" would terminate any consideration.
That's just the way it is.

You can prove us wrong about all this, of course. Suitable proof would
be evidence that you just got hired.

(BTW, "I was offered a job but decided not to take it" does not work as
proof.)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 28th 21, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 15:20:24 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

(big snip)

I worked at many places that weren't on that resume. I had
told you that my resume was shortened from 14 pages on the
advice of several employment agencies and it would be edited
to fit whatever job I was applying for. That seems to have
escaped your rather dubious notice. Since that resume was
lost to a virus and my memories jumbled from a concussion
all I can assume is that your jealousy of accomplishment
is all you have left in this world.

Thank you for ignoring everything I wrote. 90 minutes down the drain.

Yes, I recall your mention of a 14 page resume and associated "dog ate
my homework" story explaining its disappearance. The convenience of
that situation suggests that all you have left is a fading image of
those 14 pages and of all the companies itemized within that can
verify your employment. Oddly, I suspect that the 12 companies listed
are quite real, as is the accompanying job descriptions. What's
missing from the resume are the self-proclaimed achievements in
management and electronics. I've done both and can assure you one
does not jump instantly from programmer to product manager. It's a
ladder that must be climbed one step at a time, which should have been
evident on the resume. I'll give you credit for leaving out the
non-existent companies and details because these can easily trash your
credibility with any prospective employer who asks the right
questions. If you want to lead a double life, one as the real person
in your resume, and the other as the 14 page partial fabrication that
you try to project in this newsgroup, feel free to continue. I won't
do anything to stop you. Actually, it wouldn't be so bad if you
obtain employment and then don't have enough time for Usenet and
forums. Unfortunately, that seems unlikely.

You might be correct that I'm jealous of your accomplishments.
However, it's not the employment related accomplishments, but rather
those related to bicycling. If your self-reported times, distances
and elevations achieved on recent rides are real, I would certainly be
jealous. I have an assortment of heart and inside plumbing problems
which makes long distance rides and climbs impossible. A few miles
are fine, but then I run out of steam. If your numbers are for real,
then yes, I'm jealous.

Reminder: Change the Windows XT to Windows XP in the resume. It bugs
me.

Old business: Remember the discussion we had about snips vs scissors?
I went shopping and discovered that Klein tools sells almost identical
tools in both markets, calling the electricians 26001 2100-8 version
"scissors":
https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/electricians-scissors/all-purpose-electricians-scissors
and the telecom version "snips":
https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/telecom-cutting/free-fall-snip-stainless-steel
I ordered the telecom version but received the electricians version.
The electricians version is quite usable for CAT5, but doesn't do
free-fall rotation very well. I don't intend to spend my life
splicing phone wires, so the electricians version will suffice.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old February 28th 21, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Do resumes normally show a lifetime of jobs?

My experience, mainly in the construction trades, was that the last
two or three jobs were what was important. Particularly when they
showed an advancement in skill and/or position. The guy that was
probably our most successful construction project manager started out
as a 14 year old bulldozer operator many years before he joined us.
What was far more important for his resume was that he had completed
his last three projects under budget and in less then the scheduled
time. And of course with a very nice profit, thank you.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 28th 21, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

wrote:

The major failing of the social media is that people with no experience
and no education believe that they have a right to an opinion as valid
as those that do have experience and education.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your
informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
- Harlan Ellison
Look at those morons John, Flunky and clueless Newsless. They claim
I don't know anything about a subject and then when I reply with my
qualification, they say I'm bragging or lying.

Please append my name to the list of those who find both your opinions
and qualifications to be rather dubious. Your inability to
substantiate or corroborate any of you claims or provide sources or
references is sufficient to demonstrate the problem. You've been
caught contriving numbers to suit your agenda several times. You have
never bothered to directly debate these matters. Usually, you just
change the subject. 40 acres for the average farm size is one example
that comes to mind.
Even Jeff who claims to be in the engineering game is saying things
so far out of line that I have grave doubts for him.

"Out of line"? What line? What things? What doubts?

[...]

No need to thank me.
--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Is there anyone interested in Tom's resume? What I was wondering about is why one is looking for a job at an age of 75 years and why one would hire a 75 year old with a massive memory loss. There is no need to answer these question. Just wodering.

Lou
Old February 28th 21, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

It may make no sense, but over here we are firmly committed
to hiring the handicapped elderly and infirm:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...d-in-hollywood

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 28th 21, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Lou, none of the memory loss has anything to do with the job I perform as I have proven by successfully completing a job since. A 75 year old seeks job because he can still be useful. Perhaps you're not familiar with that feeling?
Old February 28th 21, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 08:43:48 -0800 (PST), Lou Holtman
wrote:

Is there anyone interested in Tom's resume?

Probably not.

For me, it's just an example of Tom not being truthful about his
background, failing to substantiate his claims, and contriving numbers
for his convenience. If he didn't present himself as an expert on
everything, none of this would have been necessary. Please note that
there has not been a single thread in R.B.T. that did lacked an expert
opinion by Tom.

I agree that I've overdone it on digging into detail and minutiae.
I'll try to restrain myself from any further postings. Or, would you
prefer I simply ignore Tom?

What I was wondering about is why one is looking for a job at an
age of 75 years and why one would hire a 75 year old with a massive
memory loss.

The ADEA prevents employers from discriminating on the basis of age.
https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0910/8-things-employers-arent-allowed-to-ask-you.aspx
Since most pandemic era interviews are being conducted online, the
interview could be conducted without Tom being seen by the prospective
employer or knowing his age.

The city of Santa Cruz and others have gone one step further and
banned discrimination by appearance or "physical characteristics":
https://www.hiringtofiring.law/2012/04/19/could-unattractiveness-become-a-protected-class/
If Tom were a leper, ugly or covered with tattoos, a prospective
employer would not be allowed to see him.

There is no need to answer these question. Just wodering.
Lou

Ok, I get the hint. I'll go away. It's going to be difficult.
Sniff...

Oh wait. Perhaps we can make a deal. Could you convince those, who
have turned R.B.T. into a political debating forum, to reduce their
output? I'll also reduce my output. After that, we can work on
reducing the personality clashes and character assassinations. When
all those are removed, whatever is left, is likely to be bicycle
related. We can work on reducing that to only tech related later.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Yet another RLJ goes to jail Alycidon UK 2 September 17th 15 06:36 PM
Drop off and go jail Alycidon UK 1 September 7th 15 09:36 PM
Flandis going to jail? dave a Racing 1 May 21st 10 03:19 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 02:45 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 07:19 AM