Jail Zuckerberg

Old March 1st 21, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Jail Zuckerberg

On 2/28/2021 11:50 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/28/2021 10:43 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op zaterdag 27 februari 2021 om 22:30:33 UTC+1 schreef
:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 10:05:58 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

The major failing of the social media is that people with no experience
and no education believe that they have a right to an opinion as valid
as those that do have experience and education.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your
informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
- Harlan Ellison
Look at those morons John, Flunky and clueless Newsless. They claim
I don't know anything about a subject and then when I reply with my
qualification, they say I'm bragging or lying.
Please append my name to the list of those who find both your opinions
and qualifications to be rather dubious. Your inability to
substantiate or corroborate any of you claims or provide sources or
references is sufficient to demonstrate the problem. You've been
caught contriving numbers to suit your agenda several times. You have
never bothered to directly debate these matters. Usually, you just
change the subject. 40 acres for the average farm size is one example
that comes to mind.
Even Jeff who claims to be in the engineering game is saying things
so far out of line that I have grave doubts for him.
"Out of line"? What line? What things? What doubts?

Incidentally, your new resume looks much better but still could use
some cleanup:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012/

Perhaps fill in some detail on what you did at Diablo Research. Diablo
was allegedly purchased by Cadence Design Systems in Jan 1999
according to the link your provided:
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/diablo-research-co-llc
Yet, the Wikipedia entry for Cadence does not show the aquisition of
Diablo. What happened?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadence_Design_Systems#Acquisitions
The Jan 1999 date is probably wrong as announcements were released in
Nov 1999. Maybe include something about the RF/wireless design stuff
that Diablo was doing.
https://www.eetimes.com/cadence-to-buy-diablo-research-to-expand-design-services-in-wireless-arena/#

Seventeen-year-old Diablo is expected to complement
Cadence's services in such areas as Bluetooth and
HomeRF (radio-frequency) technology, as well as new
capabilities in telemetry, global-positioning satellite
(GPS) solutions, and personal wireless products.

No need to thank me.
--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Is there anyone interested in Tom's resume? What I was wondering about
is why one is looking for a job at an age of 75 years and why one
would hire a 75 year old with a massive memory loss. There is no need
to answer these question. Just wodering.

Lou

It may make no sense, but over here we are firmly committed to hiring
the handicapped elderly and infirm:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...d-in-hollywood

You wanted to give that job to a demented 74-year-old instead? :-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 1st 21, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I've not been interested enough to actually look at Tom's resume. If he
didn't spend so much time bragging about his purported qualifications
and experience, I wouldn't think about his resume at all.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 1st 21, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 23:39:40 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-liebermann-151823/

Hey Jeff. Since we’re apparently critiquing resumes here, should the
“SCATA” in yours be “SCADA”?

Oops. Thanks, I didn't notice. It's been like that since about 2005
and you're the first person to notice. I'll fix it as soon as I
recover my LinkedIn password. Last night was the full moon and it
take me a while to morph back to normal.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old March 1st 21, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 13:55:25 -0800, "Mark J."
wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-liebermann-151823/

I gotta say that the accomplishments listed for your "Liebermann Design"
job are impressive indeed!
Mark J.

Yeah, that could be a problem. Since I haven't been looking for a job
since about 1985, I didn't see any reason for adding any
accomplishments. I did add a few items, such as all the model numbers
of the radios and equipment I helped design. At some point, LinkedIn
decided to change from a way for former co-workers to remain in
contact, to a Facebook clone. During the transition, all my education
history, some early jobs, the few items under accomplishments, just
disappeared. I re-entered some of the stuff and planned to fix the
rest later, which never happened.

LinkedIn offers the follow categories for accomplishments:
Publication None
Patent None
Course None
Project Lots
Honor and Award None
Test Score I haven't been tested and waiting for vaccine.
Language English. I know a little French, German,
Hebrew, and Yiddish, but due to zero practice,
I should leave them out. Unless they mean
computer language.
Organization None

I was going to list all the model numbers for Intech and Granger, but
am having problems remembering the numbers. I'll add them to my
LinkedIn resume when I have time.

What little engineering I did after about 1983 was mostly quick fixes
and leaning up someone else's mess. That doesn't seem to fit in
accomplishment categories.

However, there is hope. While looking for something else, I
accidentally found a copy of my 1984 resume:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/resume-old.pdf
Fairly awful, but consider that was only 3 years after the
announcement of the first IBM PC. Looking at the original, it was
probably written in Wordstar, stored on 160 KByte 5 1/4" floppies, and
printed on an Epson MX-80 dot matrix printer.

Also, I found the preliminary data sheets for the Granger radio I
helped design:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/Granger%20Assoc/Granger%20RADAC%206710/
I did the transmitter and synthesizer module, interface module, and
card cage wiring. Others did the receiver, duplexer, rack, and
package. I also did a really cheap 915-952 MHz yagi antenna, which
was deemed too cheap, and therefore rejected. I also designing a much
better package in my spare time on Granger's Applicon 3D CAD system.
For the 1980's, it ran on a PDP-11/34. I have photos somewhere.

Old March 1st 21, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-liebermann-151823/

Hey Jeff. Since we’re apparently critiquing resumes here, should the
“SCATA” in yours be “SCADA”?

Oops. Thanks, I didn't notice. It's been like that since about 2005
and you're the first person to notice. I'll fix it as soon as I
recover my LinkedIn password. Last night was the full moon and it
take me a while to morph back to normal.

I thought it might have been a term to describe Supervisory Control And
Data Acquisition for a sewage treatment plant :-)

Old March 1st 21, 07:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Do you mean that assaulting a woman in the changing room of a
department store doesn't qualify you for the presidency?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old March 1st 21, 07:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-liebermann-151823/

Hey Jeff. Since we’re apparently critiquing resumes here, should the
“SCATA” in yours be “SCADA”?

Oops. Thanks, I didn't notice. It's been like that since about 2005
and you're the first person to notice. I'll fix it as soon as I
recover my LinkedIn password. Last night was the full moon and it
take me a while to morph back to normal.

I thought it might have been a term to describe Supervisory Control And
Data Acquisition for a sewage treatment plant :-)

Nope. It was used by electric utility companies to switch capacitors
for power factor correction on utility poles:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/Granger%20Assoc/Granger%20RADAC%206710/
In the process of fixing my typo error, I discovered the cause of my
spelling error. I tend to pronounce it "SKAY-TA". When I corrected
it, I again typed "T" instead of "D". It took me 2 tries to get one
letter correct. Phonetic spelling. Anyway, it's fixed. I also added
some items from my resume.

Old March 1st 21, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Apparently my pun was too subtle. I was blending SCADA and skat.

Old March 1st 21, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

wrote:

[...]

I was referring to the "magic, and miracles." Quality over quantity,
you don't need to do many miracles to enhance your reputation.

Mark J.

Old March 1st 21, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 09:50:24 -0800, "Mark J."
wrote:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-liebermann-151823/

I gotta say that the accomplishments listed for your "Liebermann Design"
job are impressive indeed!
Mark J.

I was referring to the "magic, and miracles." Quality over quantity,
you don't need to do many miracles to enhance your reputation.
Mark J.

I originally though that's what you meant. But then I noticed that
you used the word "accomplishments", which is what inspired me to fix
my resume. Should I erase and trash everything I did and put it back
the way it was originally?

Incidentally, I managed to perform a minor miracle yesterday. No
magic was needed. Customer simultaneously had two computers, one
Sharp TV, and his Yahoo password all fail at the same time. There was
nothing wrong with the computers, but both LCD monitors were kaput. I
brought the TV video back from the dead by performing the reset
ceremony, but had to reroute the cabling for the audio to get things
to work. I don't know how the password got trashed, but after
performing the "lost password" ceremony, he was able to receive his
spam normally. I left with a nice check.

However, like many miracles, things aren't quite as they seem. Today,
the TV crapped out again, this time announcing an EEPROM or firmware
failure. The Geek squad says his TV service contract expired 3 years
ago. The replacement monitor I found in the garage failed. That's
now three dead monitors. So far, the Yahoo password is still working,
but that's a bad thing because he's now bombarding me with email
suggesting we go shopping together.

Miracles and possibly magic don't always stay working and I might be
returning the nice check.

Grumble...

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Yet another RLJ goes to jail Alycidon UK 2 September 17th 15 06:36 PM
Drop off and go jail Alycidon UK 1 September 7th 15 09:36 PM
Flandis going to jail? dave a Racing 1 May 21st 10 03:19 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 02:45 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 07:19 AM