Speaking of fat, former Tour Masters

Old July 25th 03, 05:49 PM
Clovis Lark

Default Speaking of fat, former Tour Masters

Stephen Ferguson wrote:
Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?

I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.

Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and

Don't forget he won the Giro inspite of the Carerra team car deliberately
running him off the road.

the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could
match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able
to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

F.

Old July 25th 03, 08:00 PM
Scribe2b

When Tyler is old and fat he'll be
remembered as a quality domestique who rode the Tour de France
with a broken collar bone.

Tyler will be recorded in history beside the great Hugo Koblet escape of 140
kilos.

you just dont do that. but those two did. we may never see such a break by a
contender on a flat stage that late ever again in another tour.
jc
Old July 25th 03, 08:25 PM
Stephen Ferguson

How many yellow jerseys has Hamilton worn?

F.

Unlike the riders from the UK who do not have injuries but still can't
win anything.

-WG

Old July 25th 03, 08:27 PM
Stephen Ferguson

Sorry, of course you're right. I'd much rather have an obscure record than
a Tour win (or a Giro win, or a Rainbow jersey).

F.

Old July 25th 03, 10:29 PM
warren

In article , Stephen Ferguson
wrote:

How many yellow jerseys has Hamilton worn?

Strange way to measure success considering all the low-level pros who
have worn that jersey for a few days.

-WG

Old July 25th 03, 10:36 PM
K. J. Papai

"Stephen Ferguson" wrote in message ...
Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and
the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could
match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able
to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

Of course Hamilton has Elite, World Class pro palmares:

LBL, Giro 2nd, Tour stage win are the first most obvious ones.

Which is precisely my point. When Tyler is old and fat he'll be
remembered as a quality domestique who rode the Tour de France

He'll never be as fat as Roche is!! My god!

What's your problem with Tyler anyway?
How jealous are you actually?

with a broken collar bone. If it wasn't for the fact that he is
American we'd hear much less about him on here. I'm sure it'll
be nice to be remembered for a fractured clavicle, much nicer
to be remembered for winning something.

Old July 26th 03, 01:58 AM
Kenny

"snjr" wrote in message
Eddie Merckx used to accomplish similar feats in the mountains around
Colorado Springs... proving Sir Isaac Newton knew nothing about gravity.

And Eddy smokes cigarettes, doesn't he?

No, he doesn't.