Help! Uni pulls right.

Old September 30th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

Default Help! Uni pulls right.

I posted something like this a while back, and it appeared that I just
needed a lot of practice. After a lot of practice, and building a 29'er
i am finding that in order to make the uni go straight I have to twilst
my body to the left. I am riding 4 miles to work everyday, and I would
like to know if there is something that I can do to square up my body to
the uni.

the wheel is dished center on the hub, and it sits dead center in the
frame. could the seat base be tilted? Any ideas?

Jerry

--
jtrops
Old September 30th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stavros

I had something like this on my 24 with a knobbly tyre. The tyre had a
turning direction you are meant to use and I had the tyre going in the
wrong direction. When I turned the tyre the right way round all was
well and I was riding straight on. It might all be psychological tho -
I had only been riding a couple of months.

--
stavros
Old September 30th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beelzebub of balance

It may have to do with the camber of the road. Do you find the problem
is less when you ride on a flat road or trail? Is it much more severe on
a road that is more rounded in the middle?

My wife has the same problem. She thinks it stems from her high-jumping
days. One leg is much more powerful than the other. She thinks she
muscles more with one foot than the other.

Of course, the best riders put almost no weight on their pedals. It's
always good to try to get that weight back onto your seat.

David

--
beelzebub of balance

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried
before." Mae West

David Maxfield
Park City, UT
Old September 30th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked and the big apple has a
direction, and it is on backwards. I will switch it this afternoon and
see if it helps.

--
jtrops
Old September 30th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
videotoast

jtrops;1105096 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked and the big apple has a
direction, and it is on backwards. I will switch it this afternoon and
see if it helps.

Beware you don't lean to the left, then.....

--
videotoast