Article About Inner Tube Shortage

Old May 7th 21, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Article About Inner Tube Shortage

I guess that going tubeless has its advantages:
https://roadbikeaction.com/fighting-flat-tires-what-about-inner-tubes/

Many shops are out of a lot of tube sizes. If you look at the Schwalbe
web site a large percentage of the tubes they sell are listed as "Out."
Nashbar is out of most tubes.

I was putting some narrower tires on my wife's mountain bike this week
and wanted some narrower 27.5 tubes with Presta valves. Finally found
some Panaracer brand 27.5 x 1.25-1.75" tubes on Amazon for not too much
($4.49). I've never used Panaracer tubes before and have no idea how
good or bad they are.

Has anyone tried tubes from https://biketubebrand.com/? They're a little
less expensive than the MSRP of name-brand tubes, though a little more
expensive than what tubes typically go on sale for at shops.
Old May 7th 21, 04:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 7:41:40 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
I guess that going tubeless has its advantages:
https://roadbikeaction.com/fighting-flat-tires-what-about-inner-tubes/

Many shops are out of a lot of tube sizes. If you look at the Schwalbe
web site a large percentage of the tubes they sell are listed as "Out."
Nashbar is out of most tubes.

I was putting some narrower tires on my wife's mountain bike this week
and wanted some narrower 27.5 tubes with Presta valves. Finally found
some Panaracer brand 27.5 x 1.25-1.75" tubes on Amazon for not too much
($4.49). I've never used Panaracer tubes before and have no idea how
good or bad they are.

Has anyone tried tubes from https://biketubebrand.com/? They're a little
less expensive than the MSRP of name-brand tubes, though a little more
expensive than what tubes typically go on sale for at shops.

Hearing this news, I immediately asked my son -- who was sitting on the the other sofa, again visiting Portland. He informed me the Specialized is currently out of one size 650/25-28. At Westernbikeworks, there is currently an O.K. "Leader's Club" deal on Kenda tubes. https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...sta-valve-tube. I've never heard or Biketube Brand, but it seems that finding a decent standard road tube is not a real problem.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 7th 21, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 8:04:32 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I think that brand is Chinese and I bought some. They aren't exactly the finest quality but getting tubes with 45 mm fillers is getting harder and harder because most people are using the 70's and 80's for their 50 mm deep aero rims.

I just bought a set of those Chinese Campy Bora copy wheels. Having aluminum braking surfaces will be wonderful since carbon brakes so badly.
Old May 7th 21, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/7/2021 10:20 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Free China, ROC Taiwan

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 7th 21, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:25:46 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

The first one I tried to use was split in three places at one seam. Though the others seemed fine.

Tube shortage supposed to ease in September. sms Techniques 28 August 21st 20 03:44 AM
20" 406 Tube Shortage sms Techniques 2 June 26th 16 07:17 AM
Article: BASIC INFO. ABOUT TUBE PATCHING Ablang General 11 May 1st 09 04:38 PM
Time Magazine Article on the Bicycle Shortage SMS General 2 September 10th 08 02:06 AM
Ridgeback shortage? anon UK 8 August 1st 04 11:18 PM