BBC - Cyclist Chased & Hit by Police car

Old September 17th 05, 07:16 PM
congokid

Default BBC - Cyclist Chased & Hit by Police car

In message , The Nottingham
Duck writes
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:10:58 +0100,
The police are a bunch of ****ing *******s, except I'm probably never
going to have the misfortune of having this brought home to me
personally, because I'm not white, middle-class, educated and
articulate, not a black teenager (or an electrician).

Daniele

I think that's a bit strong.
If you've had no contact with them how do you conclude that they are
"****ing *******s" ?

She's been reading too much James Ellroy.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
Old September 18th 05, 10:06 AM
David Hansen

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:09:12 +0100 someone who may be Nick Kew
wrote this:-

But at least when the police do Bad Things (which I don't think is
all that common), they're pretty open about it.

I think you'll find that the paperwork with "Not to be shown to the
defence" written on it is rather more than a fiction.

They have not been pretty open about all the Bad Things they did
when some criminals were gathering at Gleneagles earlier this year.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old September 18th 05, 10:26 AM
Tony Raven

David Hansen wrote:

They have not been pretty open about all the Bad Things they did
when some criminals were gathering at Gleneagles earlier this year.

You mean like obstructurating the leader of the freeified world with an
ankle causificating him to fall from his bicycle ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old September 18th 05, 07:43 PM
Badger

Tony Raven wrote:

David Hansen wrote:

They have not been pretty open about all the Bad Things they did
when some criminals were gathering at Gleneagles earlier this year.

You mean like obstructurating the leader of the freeified world with an
ankle causificating him to fall from his bicycle ;-)

One of the Hampshire coppers who joined the flying squad (chinhooks) up
there was telling about some of their exploits, not surprised they kept
the assaults on the protestors quiet...
Old September 19th 05, 11:19 AM
David Hansen

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:12:59 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Peter
B" wrote this:-

Irrespective of whether or not the lad was suspected of or actually guilty
of a serious criminal act had the police been armed it wasn't a situation
(we hope) that would have warranted the firing of a weapon

There was a case perhaps ten years ago. A police officer, who
happened to have a gun, tried to stop someone in a car by hanging on
to the door. At the trial he claimed that he feared for his life and
so pulled out the gun and shot the driver dead. Presumably he could
just have let go of the door. Amazingly there was a trial, but he
was found not guilty. My cynicism meter tells me that the government
does not try very hard when presenting such cases to the courts,
with the result that as far as I'm aware no police officer has ever
been held to account for their actions with guns.

I suspect that this breeds the sort of atmosphere where individuals
believe they are always right and can do what they like. I doubt if
anyone involved would say so, but I suspect it is at the back of
their minds. It is in this context that I view the childish tantrums
of the police following the mere possibility that those who murdered
Harry Stanley might be held to account at long last. One of the
murderers was (and possibly still is) employed to teach police
officers how to use guns. Absolutely amazing, words fail me.

I think it is in this sort of atmosphere, cut off from the "real
world", that a conspiracy to murder could be hatched by the police
and those who are supposed to regulate them, but are in fact
examples of regulatory capture. Some of the conspirators put their
conspiracy into effect in London some weeks ago. It is I think a
sign of the arrogance of those involved that they say that the
conspiracy will continue and thus there is the possibility of
further premeditated cold-blooded murders carried out by those who,
it is often claimed, are there to protect us. It will be interesting
to see what the "independent" inquiry comes up with, but the initial
statements and (in)actions are not reassuring.

The chances of society dealing with police officers who use cars as
deadly weapons is even less. Society doesn't even bother much with
members of the public who use cars in this way.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old September 19th 05, 12:49 PM
dave

B" wrote this:-

Irrespective of whether or not the lad was suspected of or actually guilty
of a serious criminal act had the police been armed it wasn't a situation
(we hope) that would have warranted the firing of a weapon

There was a case perhaps ten years ago. A police officer, who
happened to have a gun, tried to stop someone in a car by hanging on
to the door. At the trial he claimed that he feared for his life and
so pulled out the gun and shot the driver dead. Presumably he could
just have let go of the door. Amazingly there was a trial, but he
was found not guilty. My cynicism meter tells me that the government
does not try very hard when presenting such cases to the courts,
with the result that as far as I'm aware no police officer has ever
been held to account for their actions with guns.

Been several shootings far more sus than this in victoria. By police who
were not charged But one that more or less has the same circumstances.
Except that she was an armed security guard. Beaten very very badly.
Who shot the armed robber while trying to stop him escaping and hanging
on the door. She was charged with murder.

The copper who shot the mentally ill bloke chopping up a park bench with
a hatchet in St Kilda was not charged with anything.

Old September 19th 05, 01:15 PM
MichaelB

He's not a cyclist he's some scally lad trying to escape the police.

It was unfortunate that the car went over him but there you go; ****
happens. Think how long it would take him to make 10 grand from
cashing in his giro cheques and then tell me it wasn't the best thing
that ever happened to him.

When I see 40+ year old men who are a bit chubby and their faces have
set into an 'I know best expression' then I expect that they are going
to be rude and arrogant. The reason I do this is because I worked
behind a bar when I was a student and I learned that that expression on
an old man is followed by some arrgance and rude behavior. So if a
police man sees a black lad on a bike wearing chav gear etc and quite
often these have been the thugs he's been trying to arrest then whats
wrong with making the assumption that he is indeed a baddy?

If he picked on a black alter boy with a bible then you could
understand that he was been racist because I've never seen an alter boy
sell drugs.

--
MichaelB

Old September 19th 05, 02:46 PM
TooSore

Ah yes,

"All policemen are racist violent thugs."

Good - glad we are airing that stereotype presume we won't be airing
these:

"All Black male teenagers are gun-totting drug dealers"

"All Scousers are theiving perm headed dole scroungers"

"All cyclist run red lights and flout the laws of the road"

--
TooSore

Old September 19th 05, 03:52 PM
MichaelB

TooSore Wrote:
Ah yes,

"All Scousers are theiving perm headed dole scroungers"

All southerners are pompous *******.

Thats not so much a stereotype more a statement of truth

--
MichaelB

Old September 19th 05, 04:19 PM
Tony Hogarty

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:52:51 +1000, MichaelB wrote:

TooSore Wrote:
Ah yes,

"All Scousers are theiving perm headed dole scroungers"

All southerners are pompous *******.

Thats not so much a stereotype more a statement of truth

But what about Scousers who now live in the south, where do they fit in?

--
Regards
Tony

Critical Mass causes Sacramento Motorist to drive off road Ifoundmore Social Issues 2 July 18th 05 04:18 PM
Cyclist rant: back in black John UK 1099 March 18th 05 11:09 AM
Cyclist charged in road death Robert J. Matter General 42 January 11th 05 04:15 AM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
Former Miss America kills cyclist WBtobal General 55 October 18th 03 06:03 AM