Jurors are smarter than Apes - Guilty on all counts

Old November 3rd 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Jurors are smarter than Apes - Guilty on all counts

Paul B. Anders wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:51 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

Oh, and I'd have loved to have seen his smug-ass face when the verdict
was read.

Brad Anders

"Thompson, wearing a dark blue suit, bowed his head as the verdicts were
read. He faces a possible prison term."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ling-case.html
Old November 3rd 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

RicodJour wrote:
Brad Anders

I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

Stuttgart.
Old November 3rd 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 2, 9:08*pm, Susan Walker wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Brad Anders

I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

Stuttgart.

Hmmm...do they have good beer there?

Old November 3rd 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Nov 2, 6:32*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:24*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

On Nov 2, 4:51*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

Oh, and I'd have loved to have seen his smug-ass face when the verdict
was read.

Brad Anders

Really. *And so much for his SuperLawyer defense attorney. *Schmucks.

I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

Congratulations on your win. It sounds as if the jury had little
difficulty reaching the conclusion many of us were hoping for. A
verdict on the first day of deliberation after a three week trial is
practically an instantaneous decision. Almost a matter of "Anybody
think he's not guilty? No? OK, well let's at least talk about the
charges and fill out the paperwork properly."

DR

Old November 3rd 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Nov 2, 6:32*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:24*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

On Nov 2, 4:51*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

Oh, and I'd have loved to have seen his smug-ass face when the verdict
was read.

Brad Anders

Really. *And so much for his SuperLawyer defense attorney. *Schmucks.

I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

It's Phoenix, but I've got to figure out a way to get that microbrew
to you more directly. Where are you?

Brad Anders
Old November 3rd 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Nov 2, 6:24*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:51*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

Oh, and I'd have loved to have seen his smug-ass face when the verdict
was read.

Brad Anders

You know, I want to amend that statement. There's nothing to be
satisfied about here. Two cyclists were injured, one with disfiguring
injuries, and skilled ER doctor, who probably fixed up a hundred
cyclists who crashed during his career, is looking at prison and has
had his career put it tatters by this incident. Nobody is coming out
ahead here. This isn't a victory, it's a tragedy.

Brad Anders
Old November 3rd 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 2, 10:35*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Nov 2, 6:32*pm, RicodJour wrote:

I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

It's Phoenix, but I've got to figure out a way to get that microbrew
to you more directly. Where are you?

I'm 16 miles east of Manhattan on Long Island. I'll hold you to that
beer - I know you're good for it. I have a brother in Phoenix who is
finishing building his guest house by the pool.

Old November 3rd 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
coterock

You know, I want to amend that statement. There's nothing to be
satisfied about here. Two cyclists were injured, one with disfiguring
injuries, and skilled ER doctor, who probably fixed up a hundred
cyclists who crashed during his career, is looking at prison and has
had his career put it tatters by this incident. Nobody is coming out
ahead here. This isn't a victory, it's a tragedy.

Brad Anders

Very true Brad. Three points; He was a motorist at the time of the
incident. His being a Doctor should not matter. While there was no
winner in that case, cyclists in general benefitted that justice was
served. Read precident. Lastly, I would expect a civil suit to follow.
It was his pit-bull lawyer and his smug attitude that convicted him.
Old November 3rd 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Nov 2, 8:50*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
You know, I want to amend that statement. There's nothing to be
satisfied about here. Two cyclists were injured, one with disfiguring
injuries, and skilled ER doctor, who probably fixed up a hundred
cyclists who crashed during his career, is looking at prison and has
had his career put it tatters by this incident. Nobody is coming out
ahead here. This isn't a victory, it's a tragedy.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...0,761131.story

"It's sad for both sides," Stoehr said. "I lost a lot of my time and
my life, and he's losing a lot of his."

However, envision someone like the doctor doing what he did and
getting away with it. No, there is some satisfaction to be gained from
knowing and letting others know that acts such as the doctor's are not
without consequences and that even upscale citizens like the doctor
are not above the law. It is not strictly a "cycling" issue, it's a
"civilized society" issue.

DR
Old November 3rd 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 2, 10:50*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Nov 2, 6:24*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Oh, and I'd have loved to have seen his smug-ass face when the verdict
was read.

You know, I want to amend that statement. There's nothing to be
satisfied about here. Two cyclists were injured, one with disfiguring
injuries, and skilled ER doctor, who probably fixed up a hundred
cyclists who crashed during his career, is looking at prison and has
had his career put it tatters by this incident. Nobody is coming out
ahead here. This isn't a victory, it's a tragedy.

True enough. If he had just expressed some remorse I think there
would have been some leniency. As it was his SuperLawyer (sheeesh)
was spouting bull**** and blaming someone who was injured.

None of this divisive red state blue state stuff. We've got to share
the road, right?

lauren fickett 925-933-6979 is guilty of tax fraud, attempted carjacking, kidnapping, murder and is guilty of assault and battery 903Dartmouth Way Concord, CA 5884 w tucson estates pkwy tucson, az 520-883-7486 [email protected] Unicycling 1 October 5th 08 01:09 PM
Guilty Until Proven Guilty Burt Racing 3 June 23rd 07 07:00 PM
Millar Line Stage 7: Guilty Guilty Guilty! Ryan Cousineau Racing 0 July 9th 06 12:45 AM
Ed & Mike must be smarter than me di Mountain Biking 8 June 21st 06 06:50 PM