Cyclingnews Crap Layout

Old November 9th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Cyclingnews Crap Layout

Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was presented. I've
even taken to going to the Velonews website to find out stuff these days
despite the fact that they're almost as bad.

Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to look
as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

Old November 9th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Nov 9, 9:14*am, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was presented. I've
even taken to going to the Velonews website to find out stuff these days
despite the fact that they're almost as bad.

Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to look
as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

Personally, I think cyclingnews is an incredible resource, especially
when I look at how much it costs me. Took a while, but I got used to
the new layout.

Brad Anders
Old November 9th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Paul B. Anders" wrote in message
On Nov 9, 9:14 am, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was presented.
I've
even taken to going to the Velonews website to find out stuff these days
despite the fact that they're almost as bad.

Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to
look
as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

Personally, I think cyclingnews is an incredible resource, especially
when I look at how much it costs me. Took a while, but I got used to
the new layout.

Hey, if you like it more power to you Brad. But I don't like the magazine
layout and I sure don't like the rotating headlines crap.

Old November 9th 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
m...
Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was presented.
I've even taken to going to the Velonews website to find out stuff these
days despite the fact that they're almost as bad.

Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to look
as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

If you notice, some of their writers and field reporters have either bailed
and gone to other sites, or just left. I noticed some of these guys
elsewhere now. They were/are advertising for new positions on CN. For the
amount of work, its probably not worth the pay. However, what many call CN
downfall was by not listening to its readers who overwhelmingly said no to
the new site design and has opened the door for a number of other sites.
While it doesn't offer the content and simple no nonsense navigation of the
past, its no longer a threat to be considered "The Centre of Cycling".
That's probably a joke now, even though they still use that term. There is
far too much real serious competition out there which are collective in
numerous sites. Velonews is probably one of the biggest benefactors from
CN's new site design. I almost never go to CN now strictly because of that
crappy maze. Even DP often has much better photos and stories without the
maze effect. My biggest beef is CN times out nearly half the time I try to
go there, so I quit that nonsense shortly after the new design. Velonews is
standard, but what really cuts CN's stance on the world (IMO) is the new
language translators Google has built into its browser. English is no longer
limitation. You can go to any French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, even Czech
cycling sites and browser will automatically translate the news and results
into English. Also in common languages like French or Italian, it does it
remarkably well, better then translation sites. I noticed even Velo Nation
has obtained some of the latest dirt before CN, and other sites specialize
quite well on certain areas which offer better windows into cycling info.

Most sites have commerical ads or logos. No getting around that, but many
have simple yet readable no nonsense content and navigation.

A short list of sites to check out.

http://www.bikelane.com
http://www.bicycle.net
http://www.bicycling.com
http://www.bicirace.com
http://Bike.com
http://www.bikeride.com
http://bikeshowtv.com
http://www.bikeworldnews.com
http://www.bcf.uk.com
http://www.canadiancyclist.com
http://www.cycleto.com
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral
http://www.cyclesportnews.com/aus/
http://www.cycle-wire.com
http://www.cyclingnews.be
http://www.cyclingnews.nu
http://cyclingnutz.com
http://www.cyclingrevealed.com
http://www.cyclistvillage.com
http://www.cyclingforall.net
http://www.cycling4all.com
http://cycling.tv
http://www.dailypeloton.com
http://www.eurosport.com
http://www.fixedgearfever.com
http://www.ibnsports.com
http://norcalcyclingnews.com
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com
http://www.podiumcafe.com
http://www.procycling.com
http://www.pedalmag.com
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/
http://www.frauen-radsport.de
http://www.roadbikeaction.com
http://roadcycling.com
http://www.roadcycling.co.nz
http://www.theroaddiaries.com
http://Spokepost.com
http://www.steephill.tv
http://www.triplecrankset.com
http://Truesport.com
http://www.tsr.ch
http://uscyclingreport.com
http://www.velonation.com
http://www.velonews.com
http://www.universalsports.com
http://www.world-cup-cycling.org
http://www.worldcycling.com
http://www.worldcyclingseries.com
http://www.world-of-cycling.com

Old November 9th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Tom Kunich wrote:

Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was
presented. I've even taken to going to the Velonews website to find
out stuff these days despite the fact that they're almost as bad.

Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to
look as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

I blame Andrew Albright and Henry Chang. They ruined CyclingNews. Those
*******s.

--
Bill Asher
Old November 9th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
m...
That is a great list. I especially like bicycle.net.

Just go through and bookmarks ones that you like or want, need, etc,
whatever.

Some Organzations here..

http://www.ambikerace.com
http://www.americancycling.org
http://www.canadian-cycling.com
http://www.fiac.us
http://www.olympic.org
http://race-ncca.org
http://www.ncnca.org
http://app.obra.org
http://www.socalcycling.com
http://www.uci.ch
http://www.usacycling.org
http://www.usoc.org
http://www.nbhaa.com

Other Organzations, try here...

http://www.analyticcycling.com
http://www.usbhof.com/home/
http://bikecal.com/index.asp
http://www.coloradosports.org
http://www.cyclebase.nl
http://www.cycledisciple.com
http://www.cyclingcalendar.com
http://www.cycling-challenge.com
http://www.cyclingcompetition.com
http://www.cyclingfans.com
http://www.cyclingfever.com
http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com
http://www.cyclinglinks.nl
http://www.cyclefilm.com
http://www.cyclingmuseum.net
http://www.cyclosport.org
http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net
http://www.cyclingstartlists.com
http://www.cyclingteams.com
http://www.cyclingwebsite.net
http://gallery.roadbikereview.com
http://www.greatnamesincycling.com
http://www.lequipe.fr
http://www.letour.fr/us/
http://sportsvl.com/wheel/cycling.htm
http://www.databaseolympics.com
http://www.usoc.org/36370.htm
http://www.raceacrossamerica.org
http://www.Racelistings.com
https://www.sportsbaseonline.com
http://www.hickoksports.com
http://cycling.teamusa.org
http://www.velo-club.net

Old November 9th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Nov 9, 12:03*pm, William Asher wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was
presented. I've even taken to going to the Velonews website to find
out stuff these days despite the fact that they're almost as bad.

Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to
look as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

I blame Andrew Albright and Henry Chang. *They ruined CyclingNews. *Those
*******s. *

AA ruined everything for all cyclists for all time. He also ruined
Usenet. Now, he's ruining medical science. The guy is a menace.

HC ruined everything for all trust fund babies for all time. He's
ruined stainless steel furniture design, now, he's runing techno/dance/
performance art music. It's scary.

Brad Anders
Old November 10th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
Man, I simply can't get past the first page on the "new" Cyclingnews
website. I miss the old layout and the way that the news was
presented. I've even taken to going to the Velonews website to find
out stuff these days despite the fact that they're almost as bad.
Is there another bike racing/information website that isn't trying to
look as if they're put on by highly commercial entities?

I blame Andrew Albright and Henry Chang. They ruined CyclingNews. Those
*******s.

AA ruined everything for all cyclists for all time. He also ruined
Usenet. Now, he's ruining medical science. The guy is a menace.

HC ruined everything for all trust fund babies for all time. He's
ruined stainless steel furniture design, now, he's runing techno/dance/
performance art music. It's scary.

I need a new hobby, maybe I could find something good to ruin. I've been
out out of destroying things mode since I had that little incident with
the Berlin Wall. It's time for a comeback.