Just another typical Saturday morning world championships

Old November 8th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Default Just another typical Saturday morning world championships

Amit Ghosh wrote:
it's a good tactic of getting rid of chumps. that wasn't even the
first cone, so it wasn't a surprise.

So you make your criteriums more spectator friendly by adding randomized
cones to the course.
Old November 8th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 8, 3:58*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
Amit Ghosh wrote:
it's a good tactic of getting rid of chumps. that wasn't even the
first cone, so it wasn't a surprise.

So you make your criteriums more spectator friendly by adding randomized
cones to the course.

Having them recessed and popping up randomly would help.

Old November 9th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Nov 7, 10:15*am, z wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZOXuAYZ5M

I can't imagine how a rubber cone could make a rider flip like that,
must have been the avoiding move that caused it. Also wonder if red
shoe cover clipped it, flipping it up in front of her. Orange jersey
had the famous locked-elbow gumby riding style - pretty hard to
quickly avoid things when you ride like that.

All in all, a typical group ride.

Brad Anders
Old November 9th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Nov 7, 12:15*pm, z wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZOXuAYZ5M

was that liz hatch ?

If you did that on a group ride I was in, you wouldn't be allowed back.
How could you not see the ****ing cone? It's painted in Hi-Vis orange.

Magilla

Old November 9th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy Coggan

Amit Ghosh wrote:
it's a good tactic of getting rid of chumps. that wasn't even the
first cone, so it wasn't a surprise.

So you make your criteriums more spectator friendly by adding randomized
cones to the course.

Having them recessed and popping up randomly would help.

Whack-a-cone!

Andy Coggan
Old November 9th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Nov 9, 10:39*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Nov 7, 12:15*pm, z wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZOXuAYZ5M

was that liz hatch ?

If you did that on a group ride I was in, you wouldn't be allowed back.
How could you not see the ****ing cone? *It's painted in Hi-Vis orange.

Magilla

I did nearly the same thing in a race, but I didn't splatter:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...ycles. racing

Second incident.

That's a good thread, some good stories in there.

Brad Anders
Old November 9th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Nov 9, 10:54*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Nov 7, 10:15*am, z wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZOXuAYZ5M

I can't imagine how a rubber cone could make a rider flip like that,
must have been the avoiding move that caused it.

dumbass,

a cone like that is pretty heavy. hitting the rubber base would be the
same as hitting a brick.