Kenny Williams confesses to doping.

Old November 7th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

Default Kenny Williams confesses to doping.

Results in header, per rbr protocol.

-rj
Old November 7th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Results in header, per rbr protocol.

http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2009...-funny-anymore

I don't get it. Why would anyone want to test masters racers for doping?
Non-Elite racers should a) not be dope-tested and b) not get any prize
money or salary.
Old November 7th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

You killed Kenny you *******s!
Old November 7th 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Maggie is really slipping.

She hasn't updated Kenny's wiki page yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_W..._%28cyclist%29

Old November 7th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Results in header, per rbr protocol.

http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2009...-funny-anymore

I don't get it. Why would anyone want to test masters racers for doping?
Non-Elite racers should a) not be dope-tested and b) not get any prize
money or salary.

There's nothing per-se illegitimate about the idea of "elite"
age-grouped competition. There's even a Master's Worlds jersey, right?

However, the whole thing is a bit of a circus sideshow, and not very
popular. It's kind of like a basketball league with a height limit.

http://www.apbr.org/wbl88-92.html

Vancouver Nighthawks, yeah!

I don't have strong feelings about Elite Master non-fatty racing, and
whatever prizing or whatnot the race promoters and sponsors feel
justified in offering. Heck, I have sponsor logos all over my club kit,
and I seriously suck at racing. Even when I was winning low-cat races, I
didn't think the prizes mattered much (though swag prizes are as much
loved by low-cats as they are ignored by elites).

I doubt the prize money at Masters Track Nats is very much. The usual
joke is that the prize money wouldn't cover the cost of dope. But to
make a long story short, Kenny knows the rules and jeopardized his
participation in a beloved hobby. Dumb Kenny.

Also, insert joke about gold medals in the Special Olympics here, unless
Cipo is racing in the 40+ category now.

Which would be awesome,

Old November 7th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Susan Walker wrote:
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Results in header, per rbr protocol.

http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2009...-funny-anymore

I don't get it. Why would anyone want to test masters racers for doping?
Non-Elite racers should a) not be dope-tested and b) not get any prize
money or salary.

DHEA, jeez, that's right up there with...

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/ac...12_19_2001.pdf

Diet pills.

Twice in the same family for over the counters. Hard
to believe.

Bob Schwartz
Old November 7th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Susan Walker wrote:
http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2009...-funny-anymore

DHEA, jeez, that's right up there with...

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/ac...12_19_2001.pdf
Diet pills.

Twice in the same family for over the counters. Hard
to believe.

That his wife? Really?! Ha ha ha!
Old November 8th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kevin Metcalfe[_2_]

On Nov 7, 9:19*am, Susan Walker wrote:
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Results in header, per rbr protocol.

http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2009...-funny-anymore

I don't get it. Why would anyone want to test masters racers for doping?
Non-Elite racers should a) not be dope-tested and b) not get any prize
money or salary.

My understanding is that he set a world record and had to be tested if
he wanted the record to be official.

Oops...

Kevin
Old November 8th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

On Nov 7, 1:33*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/ac...s_releases/pre...

Diet pills.

Twice in the same family for over the counters. Hard
to believe.

Bob Schwartz

Yes, too bad. But everybody makes all kinds of mistakes, all the time.
So who cares. He and the Mrs. are just following the mindset so
prevalent in competitive sports. The true sadness here is, were he
allowed his fantasy one do-over in life, he would waste it on cycling.
The man needs counseling.

sa
Old November 8th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 7, 7:33*pm, Kevin Metcalfe wrote:
My understanding is that he set a world record and had to be tested if
he wanted the record to be official.

Oops...

Does that make it the first time someone said "oh ****" after
realizing he set a WR?

Aldag confesses Jason Spaceman Racing 2 May 24th 07 03:32 PM
OJ Confesses: Tyler Did It Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 20th 05 05:45 AM
Lance confesses! crit PRO Racing 0 April 19th 05 03:08 AM
Dear Jeff, Bart, Ewoud, Benjo and Kenny Mike Owens Racing 17 April 10th 05 01:02 AM
Crit Pro = Kenny Labbe pedalchick Racing 78 December 28th 04 08:58 AM